Picked up an AR... I know, I bring shame.

I have no shame in shooting it as it is.

Me either, but it's fun "making it your own". Just like all the fitting and dremeling was fun (sometimes frustrating!) with the Saiga.

I'm taking it out tomorrow and I don't care if I have all the paint stripped off or not.

I have both AK & AR rifles, nothing wrong with that.

Heck, I've revolver and semi-auto handguns too.

I also have multiple types/sizes of screwdrivers in my toolbox... Different tools for different jobs.

More than one way to skin a cat.

I'm not saying that my ARs a d my Sagas don't reside on different ends of the gun cabinet but they do live in same cabinet, just like my flat blade and Phillips screwdrivers are in same box, different drawers! Lol

Most on here have an AR or two. At least us older fellas:). Love to shoot all types of firearms. Love my AR for accuracy and balance, but if TSHTF, that's when I would grab one of my Saigas!

+1!

I lean in the direction that if your personal long gun collection consists of three or more semi-autos. . . at least one should be an AR. This IS still (sort of) the United States of America (although less so, each and every year).

• Like 1

Just re-camo the bitch and call it good. If it starts wearing, hit it again! Even though I love my dependable AK collection, I still would grab an AR first as I can run the shit out of one efficiently. (20 years of Muscle Memory gained from my Military service). Happy shooting!

• Like 1

I've got a Colt and a Rock River. Love em both as they are both setup totally different. One is technically this wifee's. I shoot it way more than her.

As for you gun snobs... Don't make me go get my friends high point and beat the fuck out of all of you with it. I need to add that sledge hammer to the other thread of guns I hate shooting.

• Like 1

Had To Take A Few Minutes.Between Showers.And Waste Some Money! I Found Some Wolf I Had Forgot About And broke Out My DPMS. Set Up Some Empty Shot Shells And Had A Ball! Twenty Five Yards With Offset Irons, My Eyes Ain't Left Me Yet. ;). Some Of The Shells Would Take 3_4 Rounds Before FallingOver. Ahh, Life Is good.

I have both AK & AR rifles, nothing wrong with that.

Heck, I've revolver and semi-auto handguns too.

I also have multiple types/sizes of screwdrivers in my toolbox... Different tools for different jobs.

More than one way to skin a cat.

I'm not saying that my ARs a d my Sagas don't reside on different ends of the gun cabinet but they do live in same cabinet, just like my flat blade and Phillips screwdrivers are in same box, different drawers! Lol Edited by unclejake

Pyzik: "In order to appreciate the best, you have to try the rest!" Like some others here, I also have a Palmetto State Armory AR-15. I like it, but it took a few rounds to break in. Oh, also it is still a little finicky depending on the mags. My Saiga x39? It runs everything I feed it. I have never had a failure, not a single one. I have never experienced a FTF or FTE. 100% reliability so far. Is that similar to what other AR owners here have experienced?

Shot it over the weekend. I like the trigger in my Saiga better. bad_smile.gif So a new (or at least new springs) trigger is on the list of things to change.

Here is as far as I got over the weekend. Still need to get in the details a little better.

Gonna grab some acetone or look for Citristrip again and try it one the furniture to get the rest out and in all the nooks and crannies.

Before:

IMG_20130515_183739_033_zps561e9b03.jpg

After: (So far)

IMG_20130520_080643_055_zps95b5832d.jpg

Edited by Pyzik

Pyzik: "In order to appreciate the best, you have to try the rest!" Like some others here, I also have a Palmetto State Armory AR-15. I like it, but it took a few rounds to break in. Oh, also it is still a little finicky depending on the mags. My Saiga x39? It runs everything I feed it. I have never had a failure, not a single one. I have never experienced a FTF or FTE. 100% reliability so far. Is that similar to what other AR owners here have experienced?

I have never had a failure with my Del-Ton 16" midlength carbine in well over 4000 rounds. I went 500 without cleaning as a test. It's more accurate than I am. I haven't, and won't, do the Twinkie Test though.

post-23857-0-16027400-1369076354_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

LMK how that 14.5" upper runs. I had a 16" and sold it, wanted something lighter so im shopping for a 14.5". However, ive heard that midlength gas system wont run well under 16" barrels. Id LOVE a shorter barrel with the softer shooting midlength system though. Id be using that PWS brake too.

BCM has the 14.5" mid length system down to a science. If you want one go with a Bravo.

• Like 1

To be honest I like the AR & AK the same. Maybe the AR a little more for the simple fact that there's way more of an aftermarket for it. I have a self built 6.8 SPC AR with BCM upper, Aero lower, Troy Alpha, Magpul UBR. I have a Boberg billet lower waiting for a Faxom ARAK21 upper in 300 Black, and a new Colt LE6920 556 that should be in my hands next week. Lovin the Stoners :)

The 6.8 SPC

post-46357-0-24754400-1369082691_thumb.jpg

The Boberg lower & ARAK21 300 Black upper which is basically an AR15 with AK internals so I'll be able to add a folding stock!

post-46357-0-22288400-1369082742.jpgpost-46357-0-81852100-1369082754_thumb.jpeg

The Colt LE6920 5.56 that'll be here soon

post-46357-0-77063600-1369082849.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, Dubya.

If you decide to ditch those UBR doors, let me know. I wish I had mine. sad.png

EDIT: Been looking up that AKAR-21. Awesome!

Edited by Pyzik

Nice, Dubya.

If you decide to ditch those UBR doors, let me know. I wish I had mine. :(

I was wondering if you had yours. I wanna keep these ones but I might buy another UBR for my Colt and lose the doors. I'll keep you in mind.

nice ar, I own two and half myself, when it comes to firearms I'm just fine with diversity.

565923.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats all I have now too but I'm still waiting for my Boberg lower and the Colt. Ordering the ARAK21 upper when I have an extra $1500!

I do have a spare DPMS lower I just built with a Magpul ACS stock thoughpost-46357-0-44585900-1369084489_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've got a Colt and a Rock River. Love em both as they are both setup totally different. One is technically this wifee's. I shoot it way more than her.

As for you gun snobs... Don't make me go get my friends high point and beat the fuck out of all of you with it. I need to add that sledge hammer to the other thread of guns I hate shooting.

You have some quality ARs there sir! I have a Spikes mid length and my wife has a PSA midlength. They are great firearms and they seem to get along fine with the Saigas and Mosins they share the safe with.

Congrats! No shame in my eyes, a great rifle is a great rifle! I love my saiga convert as much, or more than, my AR. Hope it brings you as much joy!

Thanks.

Seriously considering a AR adapter for it now...

Nah man, keep the .223 AK with AK mags. Or put AK mags in the AR? J/k, I would leave both as is. Thats a nice AR man!

• Like 1