I know the rumor was that a Benelli rep fired a S12 at a range, just screwing around, and accidentally beat the Benelli record on camera; subsequently costing himself his job.

As far as substantiated fact goes, I couldn't tell you. Google kicked out waaaaaay too many results for me to find facts over opinions.

Beretta/Beneli....plus my Beretta will do 23/4 to 31/2 and it doesn't matter on the how they are loaded. It eats anything you put in it. I have also dropped in salt water, emptied the water out and killed my limit of ducks. The extrema is the best shotgun on the market...IMHO.

Edited by sccritterkiller

Stock M4 vs a stock S12, the M4 would blow it away. Talking sporterized crap config.

Tromix or Tac47 build vs M4, the M4 fails and begins to seem very overpriced.

None of the gear you see the expo shooters use is anywhere near factory stock.

I know the rumor was that a Benelli rep fired a S12 at a range, just screwing around, and accidentally beat the Benelli record on camera; subsequently costing himself his job.

As far as substantiated fact goes, I couldn't tell you. Google kicked out waaaaaay too many results for me to find facts over opinions.

Thats hilarious.

I would bet my 60 year old Belgium A5 would give both of them a run for their money. Trigger reset is so short, that I sometimes double fire when dove hunting. It's definitely faster than my s308 or xdm.

Odd that you would say that. The first thing that came to mind after this thread was that my friend's Benelli didn't have noticibly slow cycling time like the A5 I had shot. I actually like the odd delayed ka shuck-shuck reciol reload cycle of the A5, but I would not call it fast. Fast enough for followup for sure.

I think a more meaningful number is fastest on target anyway. and fastest with what load...

I subscribe to the Ed McGivern theory that speed records don't count unless they are done with standard full power ammo.

• Like 1

What is the OP asking? Full auto, or as fast as one can pull the trigger? I've seen the picture of the S12 with a 20 rd drum, and like 7 empty hulls are in the air. I've always believed that as fast as one can pull the trigger is, in fact, faster than FA. I've emptied my 20 round drum as fast as I could possibly pull the trigger. (Winchester double 00 buck) No hiccups. No jams. Of course, I couldn't count the hulls in the air. But it was impressive to me, and to the spectators. And I stayed on target. (a shrub on a hillside) It was a one time deal, as it gets pricey to try and do that all the time. Not scientific at all. But impressive.

Beretta/Beneli....plus my Beretta will do 23/4 to 31/2 and it doesn't matter on the how they are loaded. It eats anything you put in it. I have also dropped in salt water, emptied the water out and killed my limit of ducks. The extrema is the best shotgun on the market...IMHO.

Yep, Beretta make good stuff. I have old Beretta 12ga I got back in 72 or 73 for small game. Don't hunt anymore, just punch paper now with my Saiga collection and other assorted long guns. I still have the Beretta, just a safe queen now. I was looking at shotguns a few months stumbled on this video, very impressive.

Stock M4 vs a stock S12, the M4 would blow it away. Talking sporterized crap config.

Tromix or Tac47 build vs M4, the M4 fails and begins to seem very overpriced.

None of the gear you see the expo shooters use is anywhere near factory stock.

But, wouldn't a Tromix or Tac47 build (and I mean full build, that addresses the action) cost more than an M4?

Despite the claims about "the most recoil reducing features" Berretta definitely kicks harder than either of my saigas with the same shot. I'm not saying it is bad, just noting that "the most features..." is a rather different claim than "the lowest perceived recoil" (Yes, I am aware that the second phrase is a popular claim and extremely difficult to disprove.) It is still a fine gun. A couple of the controls seemed a bit fiddly to me, but the gun was light per length durable and able to fire light loads to 3.5" without changing settings. It must be brutal with the full house 3.5" loads though.

• Like 1

Despite the claims about "the most recoil reducing features" Berretta definitely kicks harder than either of my saigas with the same shot. I'm not saying it is bad, just noting that "the most features..." is a rather different claim than "the lowest perceived recoil" (Yes, I am aware that the second phrase is a popular claim and extremely difficult to disprove.) It is still a fine gun. A couple of the controls seemed a bit fiddly to me, but the gun was light per length durable and able to fire light loads to 3.5" without changing settings. It must be brutal with the full house 3.5" loads though.

Maybe it's just me but all I use on my sound hunts is 3.5" #2s and I have went thru a box on a windy day no bruises..saiga 12 drum dumps with ferderal bulk leaves a mark. My 391 has the kickoff system maybe that's the difference IDK. Out of the box Extrema is the best hands down. IMHO

That sounds like an ergonomics thing. I bet you are holding the beretta better. I still think the berretta and most other semis blow pumps and break action out of the water where recoil is concerned.

That sounds like an ergonomics thing. I bet you are holding the beretta better. I still think the berretta and most other semis blow pumps and break action out of the water where recoil is concerned.

Very well may be ergonomics had not thought about that..I will have to pay attention next time I am hunting...I get in zone when the bead has fur and/or feathers on it..All I focus on is background them making the shot...I never do very well punching paper..my budies give me a hard time at the range...they also say the hate to hear me shoot in the woods..."It means we'll be trackin and draggin".

I don't know man, that SX3 looks pretty darn fast. 12 shots in 1.44 seconds from a semi auto is pretty incredible. If a Saiga, let alone any other semi-auto shotgun can match that, I will be really amazed. Please, someone, Amaze me.