Just a small part of a three day project that popped up out of nowhere and had to be taken care of immediately. Next door neighbor called Tuesday afternoon and asked if I knew anyone with a tree service. Said he needed this big leaner taken down before the weekend and the company he had lined up to do it backed out. He has a pool being delivered and was worried the tree might one day break and fall over on his house where it was leaning toward. To complicate matters the main power lines both our homes feed off of were in danger of getting taken out even if it came anywhere near falling toward the house while cuttting it down. So I wanted to take that one limb out I couldn't reach with the pole saw just in case things got close.

Was a friggin headache for me to have to do all by myself with limited equipment but the tree is now safely on the ground right were I wanted it and mostly all cut up. Still haven't fully decided whether or not to save the bottom 12' (20" diam) of it for anything so today I'm cleaning up all the rest. Hope we don't get another thunderstorm like we have every afternoon so far this week.

post-1293-0-03860800-1372441961_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-80848900-1372441911_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-47973300-1372442085_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-38259700-1372442238_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-81749300-1372441806_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-67486300-1372442314_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-25161200-1372442330_thumb.jpg

I've done this on a number of occasions at me mum's place. And, yes, she lives in the middle of a forest, miles away from so-called "civilization".

I'd rather burn up a couple of boxes of ammo, rather than crawl my fat, 56 YO ass up a 50' tall pine tree. *shiver*

Besides, mom gets a giggle out of it, so, it's ammo well spent.

Also, I'm glad I ran across this thread. I have to do some more "tree trimming" when I go up in a couple of weeks. Guess I need to go order some more Wolf or Ranger slugs, like, right now.

Ammunition Depot has the Winchester Ranger slugs, in case y'all need some. I'm headed there right now.

• Like 1

Got to wait until October to do mine. Then I can use the city duck hunting ordinance to my advantage. Slugs come down in the middle of Lake Winnebago. Have 10 widowmakers still hanging since April and no pole saw.

I'm one of the lucky ones who can duck hunt out of my back yard while still in city limits. Nice blind with a 180 degree field of fire, and the shot only makes it 3/4 ths of the way across the bay. Only part that sucks is the $13K property taxes.

• Like 1

Finally getting the rest of the debris cleaned up this morning just in time for his guy with the bobcat to grade for the pool. Gonna have a hellacious bonfire for the 4th! Love livin in the country. Right on the outskirts of town with anything we need just a few minutes away, but just far enough out to shoot on our own properties with nothing bordering my land on the other side but miles of wetlands. The beavers back there got so many dams the woods are even off limits to foot traffic behind my place, as accessed from the road side.

I'm pretty happy with how accurate my home grown custom fabricated iron sights worked out on this puppy. Rear is a modified Blackthorn AK railed dust cover -w- AR style ghost ring, with my Cobra's Custom top rail, and custom fabricated AK style front sight I made from a steel bar joinst hanger clip. Dead nuts first time I tried it.

post-1293-0-84275100-1372687027_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-27446100-1372687057_thumb.jpg

• Like 1