A Truely ODD Thread, but this freaked me out...

Okay, yup, I am a odd dude and this thread will reflect it I'm sure... Oh well here goes:

This thread is dedicated to all our female Saiga12 members;

I went through the McDonald's drive through and got my usual -- a double cheeseburger and a large Sprite. I was driving down the road and took a big bite of the burger and started chewing... WTF!?!?!? my tongue was doing all sorts of stuff -- flipping the chunk of food from side to side, wiping residue off the side of teeth, and generally helping me to chew it and enjoy it -- without any conscious effort on my part. Call me clueless but in all my years on earth I have never noticed this. It was like my tongue had a mind of its own -- weird.

I remember the summer when I was 18, my parents and brother were on

vacation and I brought my new 20 year old girlfriend over to the house.

My tongue was doing all sorts of stuff too.

haha.gifsuper_man.gif

Still miss that girl...... red_heart.gifred_heart.gifred_heart.gif

• Like 1

ODD MAN,

YOU JUS' TROLLIN' FOR PUSSY, OR ARE YOU SERIOUS?

IF ANYTHING ELSE HAPPENS LIKE THAT, YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE AN EEG OR AN MRI DONE ON YOUR GOURD.

INCIPIENT NEURO PROBLEMS SOMETIMES PRESENT IN "ODD" WAYS, IE, TRANS ISCHEMIC ATTACKS (MINI STROKE) OR TUMORS.

IF YOU'RE NOT JUST KIDDING AROUND, YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET THAT CHECKED OUT.

JESS1344

Okay, yup, I am a odd dude and this thread will reflect it I'm sure... Oh well here goes:

This thread is dedicated to all our female Saiga12 members;

I went through the McDonald's drive through and got my usual -- a double cheeseburger and a large Sprite. I was driving down the road and took a big bite of the burger and started chewing... WTF!?!?!? my tongue was doing all sorts of stuff -- flipping the chunk of food from side to side, wiping residue off the side of teeth, and generally helping me to chew it and enjoy it -- without any conscious effort on my part. Call me clueless but in all my years on earth I have never noticed this. It was like my tongue had a mind of its own -- weird.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023403961

I wouldn't worry to much about it. I had oral surgery done years ago and the attending surgeon pinched the nerve cluster beneath my tongue which caused it to flop around like a democrat at a gun rally. BUT...I am not a doctor and getting it checked out couldn't hurt.

Heh my brain finally kicked my dicks ass and told it to sit the fuck down and shutup till it was needed.

Revenge!

Turning 55 was great.

And then you'll also learn that when it's needed, it won't listen to your brain. smile.png

I dont know about anyone else but I get laid near every night.

Just dont get in trouble doing it.

And that my friend is a massive improvement. Thinking with ones dick just made things "harder".

greedy.gif

All BS aside, that's the tongue's primary function.

It prevents you from choking on food, it helps you swallow, and it helps you move food around your mouth to assist with mastication. There's a reason why it's a big slab of muscle. We would not be able to eat the way we do without it.

If you want some more LSD moments to be self-conscious about, pay attention to all the crazy shit your tongue does to form words.

Just talk, and notice all the strange shapes your tongue makes in the process, all the places it goes. The letter "t" - tip of the tongue touches the roof of the mouth just behind the front teeth. The letter "n" - just behind the "t". When you make the "sh" sound, your tongue flattens and you almost bite it on both sides. The "th" sound in "the" - you almost stick your tongue out.

(For a brief time, I studied linguistics and etymology - I had begun developing a universal phonetic alphabet - to do so, I set out to identify all of the sounds used in modern human languages. Eventually I got bored and just sort of wandered off)

• Like 1

man don't think about your heart beating cause you know if you like think about it way too much it might stop man... just think about it.. i mean don't think about it. think about thinking about it man.

seriously though.. there are a lot of strange things going on in our bodies that we never really think about, and it's a bit odd when you do. personally I don't like watching videos of conscious brain surgery, especially when they probe areas of the brain to test the effect. it just always makes me slightly uncomfortable that the brain is so incredibly fragile in that way, and even a little bit of damage to it can completely ruin your life.

Edited by mancat