Well, after almost 20 years employed with my company... I am unemployed, as they moved to tulsa... I got a halfway decent severance package of 6 months pay... Which after taxes became more like 4 months pay... :(

Regardless... I needed a new truck... so after some shopping around online... this is what I found only 2 miles from my dads place in Pennsylvania...

2005 Ram 1500 SLT, 4X4, 4 door, full 8 foot bed. 4.7 liter ( 318 CI) and only 54 thousand miles... 11 grand was the price... well... I got 5 bucks back!! hahahaha

ANYWAYS.. Its a basic work truck... power NOTHING... but it DOES have A/C, and one of them " newfangled tape decks"... gotta work on putting my CD player in it, now... I just wish it got BETTER gas mileage... whattya gonna do...

newram1500.jpg

It also needs the little fog light insert on the passenger side... may look into fog lights , since the holes are already there... :)

:smoke:

Watch the transmission in that thing. I had a 2001 Ram 1500 Offroad that I had to have the transmission rebuilt and I never pulled anything big and it was pretty low mileage went it started going out. My coworker has the same truck as my old one and he had to rebuild his recently. Dodge notoriously put weak transmissions in 1500s. Coincidentally, I bought a brand new Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4 yesterday. Must be truck week.

• Like 1

Very nice. I had been looking into a used crew cab Dakota. Moving to TX in November so have to put that on the back burner. Nice looking truck, that job deal sucks but at least you got a severance package. My company would sent a memo saying tough luck.

I have an 06 f150 stx f150 4x4 ext. cab 6.5 ft. bed, It is the base like yours and it is awesome, no frills just basics so I know nothing will get broken or have to worry about wear and tear seeing as my job requires hauling materials and tools.

I did get lucky however and get the 36 gallon tank on mine since it is more a base commercial vehicle, Now my favorite shtf vehicle, What size gas tank is this your truck running, was just curious if dodge goes with larger tanks like fords.

Edited by dashowdy

I really wish that more newer trucks came with manual doors and windows. It seems like the only way to get them is to buy the fleet models.

As far as the transmission goes, a friend of mine has an 04 1500 that he treats like a diesel work truck - hauls and tows a ton of shit on a flatbed trailer. He had the transmission serviced, and the shop didn't fully seat the fluid filter, so the transmission fluid pump was sucking air and cavitating. He somehow made it through a whole day of limping in 2nd with a full bed load before he got home and asked me if I would come look at it.. Brought it back to the shop, got the filter properly installed, and so far as I know he has never had a problem with the transmission since - though that incident may have significantly shortened its ultimate lifespan.

Edited by mancat

Thanks for all the well wishes... and I got my CD player from my Nissan installed today!! It rocks!!! YAY!!!!

dash2.jpg

It was a birthday present from my sis few years back... probably one of THE BEST gifts I have EVER received!!!! I use it every day!!!! :D

:smoke:

Badass looking truck! 4x4 to boot. Don't need all that fancy electronic crap that WILL break down. The locks in my 20 year old burban will open and unlock some doors, sometimes, depending on how cold it is. The back door never works. Some of the windows only go down partway. You don't need that head ache. Sorry about the job loss. That sucks. But, you are a SUPER MODERATOR, you will overcome that!

• Like 1