• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Words cannot express my indifference.

To me it appears that the all steel, steel reinforced and all polymer crowds are the AK magazine equivalent of Dodge, Chevy and Ford owners.  Obviously, we are all an opinionated bunch on this website

Posted Images

I wish they would have reinforced them with a steel insert. Curious how long the locking lug will hold up with serious use. I love my Pmags but I did read Larry Vickers recommends plastic mags for range use, steel or aluminum for long term SHTF use as plastic by nature will break down eventually and fail. I'm definitely keeping my Milsurps for both the AK and AR platform.

• Like 2

Wait, there's no steel in these whatsoever? I can see an all-poly AR mag as they're well supported, but at a bare minimum AK mags should have steel locking tabs and reinforcements in that area.

No steel.

Speaking of Tanker mags, anyone have any for sale on any online?

I'll prob pick up a few. Magpul stated somewhere that they plan on making a version that is steel reinforced. So I'm gonna hold off on any big orders till then. I've been wanting to pick up a few of the tanker mags if I can find some pretty reasonable.

I wish they would have reinforced them with a steel insert. Curious how long the locking lug will hold up with serious use. I love my Pmags but I did read Larry Vickers recommends plastic mags for range use, steel or aluminum for long term SHTF use as plastic by nature will break down eventually and fail. I'm definitely keeping my Milsurps for both the AK and AR platform.

I agree.

Id like to see them with the window in them too, just because. But that does suck that they are not reinforced. I hope to see some in 5.45 as well as .223/5.56.

not really interested unless they make some 5.56 AK mags.

why they skipped the window, I'm not sure. seems like it would be the only real selling point.

I'm sure they'll sell plenty just because of the name, and will become the preferred AK mag of the gear queer.

I'll buy one, but it wont replace my surplus mags as my first choice.

not really interested unless they make some 5.56 AK mags.

why they skipped the window, I'm not sure. seems like it would be the only real selling point.

I'm sure they'll sell plenty just because of the name, and will become the preferred AK mag of the gear queer.

Sadly this will be the case. People will be forking out there money for these just cuz it has Magpuls name on it. I just hope they unload their surplus mags to me for a decent price.

• Like 3

Bought four three packs including the leather pouches for $30 per a couple years back. Not gonna find THAT deal anytime soon!

I snagged those from CFS when they were like $21 or $24 a set, on a sale. If I remember right, I picked up 5 or 6 sets.

Guys, don't knock the latest tapcos, they are tough as hell. As for magpul, consider the amount of abuse their pmags can take. Those are skinny thin walls and tough as nails. Imagine that plastic in a thicker format being used in the locking lugs. I would trust it.