Anybody here own one of these in .223 or .308?  What do you you think of the rifle?  Has anyone seen one of the lefty models in the flesh?  I'm interested and thinking of buying one of the Elite models but really want to hear the opinion of others before I commit.  Thanks.

I dont own one, they have a good rep, but their 2-stage triggers have a known issue where it rounds off and become a single stage after awhile. I would consider upgrading the trigger and selling the original to recoup the cost.

If you wanna get rid of the stock PM me, i may be interested, its basically a heavier B5 Bravo stock.

Edited by mostholycerebus

I have both the .223 and .308. Mags for the .308 got a bit outrageous but the polymer ones were priced OK when they are available. I have been extremely pleased with both. We thought about getting the lefty specific for our daughter but after getting additional advice got the standard. Biggest thing would be parts availability if shtf. Righty would be plentiful, but left specific parts would be impossible to find.

I have both the .223 and .308. Mags for the .308 got a bit outrageous but the polymer ones were priced OK when they are available. I have been extremely pleased with both. We thought about getting the lefty specific for our daughter but after getting additional advice got the standard. Biggest thing would be parts availability if shtf. Righty would be plentiful, but left specific parts would be impossible to find.

I have plans to own a .308 version.  Like the others have already said, I hear good things.

As for the mags jwulf, they are Thermold made FAL mags.  I use them in my FAL and they're identical.  When you get a chance, go search for them, there are tons of them out there and I've not had any real issues.  In fact the more I use my Therms in my FAL the better they fit.

• Like 1

I got a RRA Coyote 20" upper.  Easily sub 1" MOA.  Nice upper.  A little tight when mounted on my Detroit Gun Works lower, but better tight than loose. 

Thinking about their 18" competition upper.  That or save my money for when MI allows SBRs.

Edited by mizombiekilla

mid length LAR-8/308. About 1,000rds, been pleased. Classic Arms is out now, yet Thermold mags for $13. Got a 50 count case of new Belgian Fal mags years ago ($8 each), plus some a few DSA 30rders. All function. Got a new 50rd drum on trade, never taken out of box. Might have to try. Reason I went with Rock River was the Fal mag use, since already have and built many Fals. 15 years ago sold my last 223, it was a Rock River basic carbine. Was well used, thousands and thousands of rounds. Upper and lower started to wobble, yet now more than many AR's in the past.

RRA is the #1 recommended brand by my gunsmith. Lots of LEO's, Bomb Squad, and SWAT guys here use 'em.

I believe DHS and boarder patrol have huge contracts with them.

The only guy I know that has first hand experience with them hates them passionately (he considers them the absolute bottom of ARs), but he didn't like his Colt either (no real reason in either case, just didn't like them). I think he's just an AR snob but I know for a fact he doesn't have like a $4000 AR either. He did have a $2000 Carbon-15 pistol that I never saw run a full mag right (loaded to 20 rounds) that he kept for 10 years...

...I'm thinking RAA is just fine.

Edited by Maxwelhse

I have seen and handled the lefty version. Its pointless. Im a lefty and I dont have any problems with brass. It never hits me. Im glad I never bought it because it would be hard to sell.

What he said^^^^

The other thing is if you have a problem some of the LH parts are harder to find, I just put an ambi selector on my stuff and call it good.

RRA was one of the best kept secrets for years in both their ARs and their 1911's.  They have been able to maintain their quality through the last few years when they just got completely hammer in sales!!

I have several of their lowers and order all my barrels from them (Wilson Stainless).

Jack

I just have one of their uppers... Check the other rifles section for my .458 SOCOM... a few pics of it there... :up:

I like it... never had any problems with it... never had any problems with ANY of my AR's though... so...

:smoke:

Yep, thanks to CNC Machining it is hard not to be able to manufacture/purchase a high quality AR upper or lower .  I am about to order 100 lowers manufactured under the JTE Logo, by one of the CNC Production Shops.

I will let some of you guys have a great deal on them when they get finalized!!

Jack

• Like 1

Yep, thanks to CNC Machining it is hard not to be able to manufacture/purchase a high quality AR upper or lower .  I am about to order 100 lowers manufactured under the JTE Logo, by one of the CNC Production Shops.

Jack

Heck yeah! Stripped or complete?

Jack

Are you receiving them anodized, or doing it yourself? If doing it yourself, any chance we could order engraving prior to anodizing?