• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Video flattens images and distorts reality. You can§t say much unless you were there. I§m not going to judge anybody on muzzle discipline but, would like you all to ..   Please be safe with firearms

Oh bullshit!

Facts: 1- Weapon was on safe (this can be heard and seen in the video) 2- nothing was inside of the trigger guard except a trigger that was blocked by the safety 3- muzzle was angled away and the s

Posted Images

He should really rename his blog "My bias opinion on guns".

Because ultimately that's all it really is.

....oh back on subject......Evl Did you really do that? come on bro. lol

My thoughts too.

well, here is how I look at people who kill themselves with their own firearms doing stupid shit; I give it a thumbs up, they took themselves out of the gene pool so that idiot gene won't get passed along. the way he is handling a loaded firearm,it's only a matter of time before he becomes a Darwin awardee, just hope he video taped himself and it gets on YOUTUBE so we can all have a good laugh

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

At 12:20 of the linked video there is some questionable firearms handling. Bolt is closed on a live round and handling a muzzle attachment are not good ideas.

EVLBLK has made some really cool firearm alterations. And everyone does something stupid from time to time.

The way the testing was done was not the most careful.. I'd suggest removing the magazine and checking chamber before adjusting anything, mixing removing parts with a loaded magazine is bad practice.

• Like 2

At 12:20 of the linked video there is some questionable firearms handling.

"questionable firearms handling" in just that one part? I know that he is a member here, but come on now, lets call it what is really is, that entire video shows   stupid and unsafe firearms handling. title needs to be changed to reflect the video, HOW NOT TO HANDLE A LOADED FIREARM.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

At 12:20 of the linked video there is some questionable firearms handling.

"questionable firearms handling"? I know that he is a member here, but come on now, lets call it what is really is,  stupid and unsafe firearms handling. the title needs to be changed to, HOW NOT TO HANDLE A  LOADED FIREARM.

Come on now Mathew lets not get ahead of ourselves. First off it needs to be changed to "wear" not "ware" unless we are talking about saigaware!!!

Lets be honest. This thread is just full of win.

Please....oh please one of the(or both) parties named post.

/popcorn

Johnboy.gif

Edited by Chevyman097

How safe is anything, really? All a safety is, is a fail safe. Ive seen several ND's in the service. No gun is safe in the wrong hands. Ive been shot before and an honestly say that none of us are safe entirely. If he felt safe at the time, then why complain? Who's to say whats right and wrong? Whats safe for me in my life might not be for you. Just sayin.

• Like 2

I'm not going to grumble about someone else firearms handling, however I do have a peeve of people that swat at flies biting their legs rather then wearing pants.. Especially while handling firearms. It happens at least a couple times in the video.

I was taught to treat a firearm as loaded unless its bolt was removed. So if I'm putting a choke in I pull the bolt out or put a lock cable through the action. However others feel that if the bolt is locked back its ok to mess with the muzzle.

My question is....

Did the sbs cycle because of the booster working like a booster, or just because of the lengthened dwell time of the extended muzzle? I'd suggest trying it with other muzzle attachments for a true comparo.

• Like 1

Facts:

1- Weapon was on safe (this can be heard and seen in the video)

2- nothing was inside of the trigger guard except a trigger that was blocked by the safety

3- muzzle was angled away and the shot cup does not open at that distance, so shot spread is not a factor

In the interest of not getting banned here, I will not be posting in this thread again. It goes where it will and will have no consequence on my future. Carry on....

• Like 7

How safe is anything, really? All a safety is, is a fail safe. Ive seen several ND's in the service. No gun is safe in the wrong hands. Ive been shot before and an honestly say that none of us are safe entirely. If he felt safe at the time, then why complain? Who's to say whats right and wrong? Whats safe for me in my life might not be for you. Just sayin.

One day at the range I was trying out some reloads and one shot sounded different.  I dropped the mag, cleared the spent brass from the chamber, and with the slide locked back and my finger in the ejection port, I checked for a barrel obstruction.  How did I check? I looked in the end.  Was my action 100% safe? yes. Would my gun blow up if there had been a barrel obstruction? yes. Did the guy across the range almost shit his pants? yes.    Did I give a fuck? no.  

• Like 2

I was taught to treat a firearm as loaded unless its bolt was removed. So if I'm putting a choke in I pull the bolt out or put a lock cable through the action

I gotta call BS on this one.  So... Yer out shooting some clays and want to change yer choke...  Yer gonna tell me that you pull the bolt or carry a cable lock with you to do this???  If you can't ensure that your weapon is unloaded, maybe firearms are not for youhaha.gif

• Like 1

This^^   I can hold a loaded pistol/rifle/shotty, whatever to my head every day for the rest of my life and it will not shoot me unless the trigger is pulled.  I can look down the barrel, put it in my mouth, whatever.  I know I'm not going to pull the trigger and therefore is harmless to me.  Would it look completely fucked up?  Of course it would.  I have watched at least one of Evl's videos and it is obvious he knows how to handle firearms safely (for him) and that is all that matters.  It's a different ball game if the barrel starts getting waved around at other people.  That however was not the case here.

This little "gun safety" video showcasing one guy's gun handling reeks of jealousy by the way.  Evlblkwpnz you know you've achieved success when the pro's are upset by how a regular enthusiast has improved a product.  Props out to ya man!

Edited by Tundra1
  • Like 1

ah EVL, No one wants anyone to get banned today haha. Just a little hagling in good fun. Lets be honest. While you felt safe and in control, it probably wasnt the best way to demostrate safe handling...on camera anyhow. No one will even remember it next week.

• Like 1

This^^ I can hold a loaded pistol/rifle/shotty, whatever to my head every day for the rest of my life and it will not shoot me unless the trigger is pulled. I can look down the barrel, put it in my mouth, whatever. I know I'm not going to pull the trigger and therefore is harmless to me. Would it look completely fucked up? Of course it would. I have watched at least one of Evl's videos and it is obvious he knows how to handle firearms safely (for him) and that is all that matters. It's a different ball game if the barrel starts getting waved around at other people. That however was not the case here.

This little "gun safety" video showcasing one guy's gun handling reeks of jealousy by the way. Evlblkwpnz you know you've achieved success when the pro's are upset by how a regular enthusiast has improved a product. Props out to ya man!

Well said

• Like 2

Haters gonna hate. As long as you are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol you take chances of an accident way down. Feeling too comfortable with anything is dangerous though, thats why my damn horses have kicked me but no one else's have.

• Like 1

I can see how the camera angle may make it look like he was in front, even if it was angled away.

I gotta call BS on this one.  So... Yer out shooting some clays and want to change yer choke...  Yer gonna tell me that you pull the bolt or carry a cable lock with you to do this???  If you can't ensure that your weapon is unloaded, maybe firearms are not for you:haha2:

I always pull the bolt when im working in a way where I may cross the barrel. It takes, what, 30 seconds to pull a bolt? I then do what I need to do in a way where I can always see the action. I dont do the cable lock thing, but why not, just keep one in the range bag.

But, yeah, im super paranoid. If its on Safe and you arent working in the trigger area of action, probably negligible chance of discharge. Or is that 'negligent chance'? tongue.png

• Like 2

I was taught to treat a firearm as loaded unless its bolt was removed. So if I'm putting a choke in I pull the bolt out or put a lock cable through the action

I gotta call BS on this one.  So... Yer out shooting some clays and want to change yer choke...  Yer gonna tell me that you pull the bolt or carry a cable lock with you to do this???  If you can't ensure that your weapon is unloaded, maybe firearms are not for youhaha.gif

I keep a old cable lock in a padded bag of chokes with the ptfe anti-seize and the choke wrench.. The cable lock clips together and a pad lock goes through it, I don't use the pad lock, that would be a waste of time.

I'm required to put lock outs on tools prior to removing guarding, so I just carry the habit into other areas of life.

Your supposed to have overlapping layers of safety, not just trust one to take care of it.

If Evlblkwpns feels ok with doing muzzle device changes with just the safety, then fine.. I prefer my method and will continue using it.

I do find it funny that the "truth about guns" is saying anything about others firearms handling, his is just awful in a couple of the videos.

• Like 1

I think that the article was done as a personal favor to the person who sent him the link in an attempt to embarrass Evl. There are plenty other worse examples of gun handling on youtube, Evl was not picked randomly. I think all parties involved should leave disputes from the past in the past and move on, I believe Evl has done that and others should as well. I subscribe to Evl's channel and enjoy his videos very much, there is always room for more innovators and quality gunsmiths. If people in the industry want to feud then let the products of their work, and the consumer, declare the winner.

• Like 3

Video flattens images and distorts reality. You can§t say much unless you were there. I§m not going to judge anybody on muzzle discipline but, would like you all to ..

Please be safe with firearms. We need you to kill commies some day.

• Like 8