So you are sitting in your kitchen when suddenly....

I know we don't own airspace, but if something is flying around your house low enough to look into your windows, is it fair game to deploy the saiga-12?

it is at my house, I live in the sticks and have a clay thrower in my yard.

I may need to get a flag and learn some dance moves, too.

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 4

I know we don't own airspace, but if something is flying around your house low enough to look into your windows, is it fair game to deploy the saiga-12?

"fair game" definitely

"legal to shoot" probably not

• Like 2

illegal is just a sick bird if your playing peeping tom

I wouldn't shoot the operator

but a drone stopping and peeking is toast

chances are you can get the law after the operator maybe even sue them

looking in my kitchen window just what do they expect to see

post-26137-0-33486700-1422976199_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor

I would think using my garden hose with one of those brass nozzles. I know I get some pretty good pressure in my hose. Or i doubt most of these quadracopters would win a fight against a couple cans of silly string. Or those Fourth of July champagne bottles full of tissue paper and streamers.

And no legal worries

Sit extremely still, play opossum. Make them think I have a mannequin sitting at my table, which will make them think that I thought to have something sitting at my table, so they'll fly away because they'll think I'm sneaking up on it with a shotgun, when I'm actually sitting at the table. 

BDOL8iP.gif

Try to wing it with a Saiga and keep it alive so the owner tries to recover it. When they do, they will be arrested for trespass on private property.

Anybody who does this with a quad copter needs some serious psychological help if they don't see it as dead wrong.

absolutely, they are a dangerous piece of equipment that can cause harm to you, your property or others. If you feel it is unsafe, you have a right to safely disable it.

• Like 2

Trigger the emp and erase the hard drives.

Hard drives are heavy as hell man - any drone that isn't streaming telemetry live is surely using solid state storage.
I wasn't talking about the drone. The emp takes care of that. I'd be erasing the hard drives on my secret computers that don't contain any incriminating evidence.

Then I'd smash them and burn the remains with a phosphorus grenade to make sure all of the non-incriminating evidence was gone.

I assumed that would be clear from the previous post...

• Like 1