• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOT hope your boy is safe. There is a reason for the death penalty. Some are not fixable and should be put down like the rabid dogs they are.   Just preaching to the choir here..........

I am sorry to hear this ^^^Fatty. MRSA is a bitch for anyone that contracts it. I am sorry for your loss my friend.

This is the first day I've gotten more than 4hrs of sleep. Don't believe what the media is reporting, they're reporting alot of bull$#!+. Still can't discuss what I know, not yet. I even heard Governo

Posted Images

The best execution method would be to screen/type them for organ donation, suck them dry for the blood bank, and take the organs.  If they wake on the table....tough shit!

Those that take life should have to give it.

This is the first day I've gotten more than 4hrs of sleep. Don't believe what the media is reporting, they're reporting alot of bull$#!+. Still can't discuss what I know, not yet. I even heard Governor Cuomo stating that we have 1400 officers working here regularly.... maybe that was before your fantastic budget cuts Mr scumbag, around 900 is what we run on now. Cut vital security jobs but make sure these pieces of trash get their HBO...

• Like 5

This is the first day I've gotten more than 4hrs of sleep. Don't believe what the media is reporting, they're reporting alot of bull$#!+. Still can't discuss what I know, not yet. I even heard Governor Cuomo stating that we have 1400 officers working here regularly.... maybe that was before your fantastic budget cuts Mr scumbag, around 900 is what we run on now. Cut vital security jobs but make sure these pieces of trash get their HBO...

Hang in there, we appreciate what you and the rest are doing. Body bags are preferred in this apprehension............

• Like 4

So some of the fallout is below:

Prison break casts spotlight on staff-inmate relationships (from @AP) http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:a94eee93b663485493b3f4b62de211c1

Such BS imho, shows that women should not be allowed to come in contact with male prisoners. And since the prisoners are so savy and manipulative, put them down and not have the problem

This is pure speculation, but, I think she had a panic attack (morning of the escape) because she knew the focus would be on her, when all was said and done. Knowing that their "work assignment" was with a woman supervisor she may have felt the authorities would blame/involve her. Two days after the escape most media outlets had already tried her and now she faces charges. I'd say she had the attack at the correct clinical time when a sensitive, caring person would, after realizing the prison officials aren't going to blame themselves. Yeah, now's the time to go running down the street yelling and waving your hands in the air. But then again, I could be completely wrong too. She just may be the witch that helped free them. Take her to Chazy Lake and dunk her 'til she confesses, she looks guilty as hell.

That's reasonable speculation. With this much scrutiny, there will be so much crap done to blame shift we may never know what happened or whether it was that lady's fault.

CNN reported this morning that they interviewed the DA yesterday and he said, she said, she backed out from helping because she loved her husband ( isn't that hearsay?). She has pleaded not guilty to the charges. I must have misunderstood something about the exchange. She confessed to the DA about her involvement, yet professes her innocence. I'm going grocery shopping, less thinking.

• Like 1

Shit Storm!!

Word is this is costing the taxpayers +- $4M per day..... with the Federal agencies and all others involved included. I know we're averaging about 40 shifts of overtime a day at our home prison, not considering the CERT team in the woods and swamps working double shifts EVERY DAY. That is only one prison and one CERT team. I'm fairly certain there are around 10-15 teams deployed out of around 54 prisons in the State, plus the Troopers are running everyone but two out of each barrack. FBI, Sheriffs, BCI, HS... They're all there.

It's been brought up that they should take her savings and retirement investments to help pay for the cost. I LOLed.

• Like 3

How about we require all prison workers to carry 10 million in insurance to compensate for the cost of catching any inmates they help to escape?

The Governments are doing very little to check out their employees, insurance underwriters might just do a better job of it!

• Like 1

How about we require all prison workers to carry 10 million in insurance to compensate for the cost of catching any inmates they help to escape?

The Governments are doing very little to check out their employees, insurance underwriters might just do a better job of it!

Well, that sure will deter just about EVERYONE for holding any job in the system. So who does the job then?

• Like 2

The details are still a mess but they will get sorted. There isn't any way to properly apologize for the failure here. There will be changes. We're still looking but I'm not so hopeful that they're here. The public up here has been unbelievably supportive and it means the world to all of us when moral is severely dipping. I'm working doubles inside the next few days and it's been tense. There's no way to really describe this job and have it make sense but I will say that we earn our pay. When your on the ground outnumbered 30 to 1 and your trying to do your job while tear gas is burning your eyes and throat or you see a coworker going out on a stretcher with stab wounds the pay doesn't seem that great. You don't have the option of backing down in this job.

• Like 3

Most security guards who guard money must be bonded, requiring Officers who guard prisoners to be bonded is just common sense. The bonding agency does the background check. When a blown background check costs some one money, the checks will be done a lot more carefully. 

Most security guards who guard money must be bonded, requiring Officers who guard prisoners to be bonded is just common sense. The bonding agency does the background check. When a blown background check costs some one money, the checks will be done a lot more carefully.

Security guards and corrections officers are not the same thing. NYSDOCCS is not privatized and as long as I'm following lawful orders I am indemnified by the state, so yeah, I am covered. The officers don't decide what jobs are eliminated, what posts don't need to be manned anymore...

Some clueless idiot decides.

I'll talk more Wednesday, I gotta fuckin sleep.

If we're all overpaid with such an easy job why doesn't everyone do it???

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Time to update....

My son got home on Friday, noticeably dinged up from thorn bushes and briers. On Sunday at work his left knee began to swell, but he didn't think too much off it. At 5.30 Monday morning he was in the ER and they were draining fluid off his knee. Tuesday morning he was back at the ER. They admitted him right there for a bacterial staff infection, most likely from the stagnant water of the swamps coming in contact with nick from the briars. Two days of I.V. antibiotics and they opened it up today to drain it and pack it with gauze. The Dr. told him he will be in the hospital at least two more days and be out of work for at least a month. They will take the gauze out in the AM and a couple more rounds in antibiotics. The red swollen area encompasses his knee and goes halfway up his thigh, still spreading as of this evening. Obviously, chasing escaped convicts isn't at all as glamorous as one would think.

Besides all of this, it's my daughter's graduation on Friday besides her usual softball games. They're keeping me a bit busier than usual.

I know it is of little comfort YOT, but the fact that your boy is in the hospital having fluid drained from his knee, means he is not

in the sights or crosshairs of someone that means him harm. That it a blessing any day of the week. As for the rest of the story, I really don't care much who is at fault or who screwed up. US Marshal Service will get them, it is only a matter of time.

ETA, Unforgiven's post made me realize that that I forgot to mention that your son has not left my prayers.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 4

I know it is of little comfort YOT, but the fact that your boy is in the hospital having fluid drained from his knee, means he is not

in the sights or crosshairs of someone that means him harm. 

I had considered this, and given thanks. Blessings are often disguised.

• Like 3

Yot

Glad to hear your son is out of the field but please continue to be careful. My mother was not in the best if health and would collect fluid on joints from time to time. During a session in which they drained fluid from her knee she contracted MRSA. It killed her slowly and painfully over the next 6 months. I'd rather not get into the details now, but if you're interested, pm me. Point being, be careful, your son is in my prayers now more than ever.

• Like 3

I hope he's doing alright. I know it's gotta be driving him nuts not being with his team right now. Probably should bribe him with some range time just to keep him grounded. How has his shoulder been? That wasn't too long ago.

I know the search area very well and it's rough terrain. 1/2 mph is moving very fast. The adirondack mountains were too rough even for the Indians to survive in.

I still gotta be careful about what I say about this mess. Explaining how some things may have happened would inadvertently give away security information we don't want public. I will say that DNA has linked inmate Sweat to this camp near Owls Head, that's not just media speculation. My hope is that when they fled this camp in a hurry they left important gear behind and have died of exposure.

• Like 2

Matt has been shot smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

The best news I've heard in a very long time!!

http://nypost.com/2015/06/26/escaped-killer-richard-matt-shot-in-woods/

"Escaped killer Richard Matt was shot and killed by the State Police deep in the woods of upstate New York on Friday afternoon, law enforcement sources told The Post.

The other fugitive, David Sweat, was being hunted by the cops in the wilderness area around Lake Titus — about 50 miles west of the Dannemora prison from which they escaped on June 6.

Earlier in the day, authorities confirmed Matt’s DNA was discovered in a cabin in Malone, NY, about 10 miles north of the shooting scene......"

Edited by YOT
  • Like 1