I'm not looking forward to it driving the already fragile saiga market through the roof cost wise. It's like even now when it is relatively unknown the prices on the guns fluctuate wildly... If the demand goes up, the prices will as well. I wish I wasn't in love with my guns or I'd sell them for a profit lol

• Like 1

Here's what I got at the Discovery channel website:

Discovery Channel's All-New Series, SONS OF GUNS, Will Have Audiences Fired Up

-- Series to Premiere Monday, January 24 at 10PM --

December 1, 2010

(Silver Spring, Md.) "If you can dream it, we can build it" is the motto at Red Jacket, the nation's most unique weapons business. Owner Will Hayden and his eclectic crew of Baton Rouge, Louisiana gunsmiths and historians rise to the challenge daily on Discovery Channel's world premiere series SONS OF GUNS, creating one-of-a-kind custom weapons. The show fires off on Mondays at 10PM ET/PT, starting January 24.

As a straight shooter and an avid historian, Will is a trusted expert to handle the requests of Red Jacket's major clients - law enforcement, military and collectors. From guns to knives to swords to cannons, Will sells, trades, buys, builds and customizes them all. While weapons manufacturers are making attachable silencers for AK-47's, Will takes it a step further -- creating internal silencers that help police departments be even more stealth in threatening situations. If someone needs to restore a WWII flamethrower to make it operational, Will can do that too. And when the sheriff's department needs to turn two guns - a shotgun and a rifle - into one, they call Will.

SONS OF GUNS centers on Will's Red Jacket shop, located in the heart of the Louisiana bayou. When Will isn't rebuilding a "bring-back" rifle from the Vietnam War or using his wealth of weapon history knowledge to determine if a pistol found in the attic is an antique or not, he can be found in his shop with his daughter Stephanie and the rest of his team, swapping gossip with his customers. Whether it's having a lunch break shooting contest, going on a nighttime bayou bow fishing trip or field testing a fully automatic M2 .50 caliber machine gun, viewers will catch the Red Jacket team always finding time to have some fun on SONS OF GUNS.

I think it will be more Mad Max stuff, like bolting an AK to an RPG kind of stuff. It will be cool, though.

Will (Haden @ Red Jacket) said in one of his posts elsewhere that you should see LOTS of Saigas floating around in the shop during the shows. :smoke:

Yes, thats got a good & bad side to it.......

Prices and availability may suffer for us Saigaholics but it could help serve to normalize the AK platform and lessen the bad guy/gang culture label so many ignorant fools have for it, and also may even accelerate the already booming market for new Saiga/AK products and creations. :super:

Cheers,

Harv

• Like 1

Top what?

Sons of Guns is going to be HUGE...

Stay tuned.

I remember you hinting about something really interesting that you were doing around Louisiana a few months back..... :unsure:

Yep, I was there - hangin' with Will, and the Sons of Guns cast and crew. And it WAS a blast! Literally. I had soooo much fun!

Will is a great host, a tremendous craftsman, and a terrific friend.

This show is the first of its kind. No one has seen anything like it anywhere on any channel, and hang on to your Saigas ya'll. Everyone's going to want one!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is quickly going to become THE hottest show in the reality genre, and that it is literally going to smoke every other gun show you have ever seen.

• Like 1

This is going to be epic! Bad thing is the S-12 won't be so mysterious and you won't get "What the hell is that" as much anymore. Congrats on the show Will!

But at least we all have the pleasure of knowing that we were on this bandwagon before it became as well known as I'm sure it's going to become, lol. Potential price increases due to demand, and a potential shortened supply are overshadowed by the fact that a show like this should take away from some of the "evilness" or taboo of these guns we love. That's a good thing, IMO.

There was another thread on this a while ago and like alot of you all I said I wish Will all the best but this going to kill the low cost saigas a s-12 will be $850 or some shit and still need restored let alone the MAN will see how destructive the S-12 is and try to put in the DD catagory like the streetsweeper, striker or USAS. I have 2 S-12's and a shop here in WV does year long layaway and I but 1 more S-12 on layaway and the wife put his last S-20 on layaway money is tight till spring but aleast I got them spoken for before things change.

Potential price increases due to demand, and a potential shortened supply are overshadowed by the fact that a show like this should take away from some of the "evilness" or taboo of these guns we love. That's a good thing, IMO.

It wont take away the "evilness" it will show that we are restoring them from there "sporter" configuration and making the EVIL because of high cap. mags, pistol grips, folding stocks and SBS. the MAN will say there is no sporting reason for this and ban them. OR some gangbanger will see how cool they are and be to stupid to restore it and will use high cap. mag. in a sporter configuration for drivebys and violate 922 compliance and that will give them all the reason they need to stop the importation of them. Like all the super cool guns we can no longer import in to this country they we legal as long as they had a small following but once they went mainstream and the media demonized them they stopped importing them. If it wasnt for the media think of all the cool guns we could still get. God I hope I am wrong but I dont want to see the day a S-12 is $1800 and a $200 DD tax stamp for a stock gun.

Potential price increases due to demand, and a potential shortened supply are overshadowed by the fact that a show like this should take away from some of the "evilness" or taboo of these guns we love. That's a good thing, IMO.

It wont take away the "evilness" it will show that we are restoring them from there "sporter" configuration and making the EVIL because of high cap. mags, pistol grips, folding stocks and SBS. the MAN will say there is no sporting reason for this and ban them. OR some gangbanger will see how cool they are and be to stupid to restore it and will use high cap. mag. in a sporter configuration for drivebys and violate 922 compliance and that will give them all the reason they need to stop the importation of them. Like all the super cool guns we can no longer import in to this country they we legal as long as they had a small following but once they went mainstream and the media demonized them they stopped importing them. If it wasnt for the media think of all the cool guns we could still get. God I hope I am wrong but I dont want to see the day a S-12 is $1800 and a $200 DD tax stamp for a stock gun.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I personally think more exposure will help. To each his own.

"The man" already knows about these guns. A TV show isn't going to inform the government of what they already allow us to have. If you really think that, then I don't know what to tell you. A TV show like this is going to inform Joe Schmoe American who might not know a damn thing about these guns, but likes to watch shows on the Discovery Channel. It's not like someone from the ATF is going to see the show and go "Holy shit! We allow these things on the street to lowly civilians??? We must ban them now". They already know about these things.