Interesting Saigas

Lovin that S-12, the cutie's not bad either :D

Hopefully, when I build my S-12, it will look something like that. The wood looks like BattleRifleG3's kind of work, very interesting. While I like black rifles, I try to keep all the wood in case I want to switch back. But back on this subject, are there any available stocks like this here?

Wow that's a sweet 12!

Yeah, the holy grail of the auto BHO, mag guide EXP-1-30. (sighhhhh). . .BUT the seemingly sporter wood furniture version (what is she shooting. . .skeet?). I tell you that we are getting the dreggs (not that I don't love my Saiga), of what's left in the warehouses here in the good old USA. Apparently the EXP-1=30s are now even available for sporting models and use. We just aren't getting them, as long as they have thousands of the older S-12s and 12Cs. They can put the BS linkages on the triggers and do the "sporter" stocks on those just as easily as the older models, but why should they when we are so hungry for ANY Saiga shotty?

Edited by inparidel

Check it out:

No hearing protection in either of them pics.

The gal clearly fired the S-12. Spent shell flying out.

I have watched some guys at the range (outdoor) choose to not wear protection

and then change their mind after a few rounds with a gun that has a muzzle break or

flash hider.

Check it out:

No hearing protection in either of them pics.

The gal clearly fired the S-12. Spent shell flying out.

Hell ya wanna be exacting... She still has the hickey on her neck from the night before when I gave her MY saiga 12! :lol::wub::up:

:smoke:

I wore cotton balls one time for hearing protection when shooting the Saiga-12.

After 3 rounds, I had it and went back to plugs and muffs.

Sorry, but that is just crazy. And I thought Russians were a slick bunch.

WOW!!! not cheap... but certainly FAIR...

17,800.00 RUB

Russia Rubles = 657.725 USD

United States Dollars

1 RUB = 0.0369508 USD 1 USD = 27.0630 RUB

I'd pay that for one of those babies!!!!! :up: :up:

:smoke:

If you examine the close-up of the receiver in the lower pics on the Russian ad page above, you willl notice that there two extra rivets in the receiver that we should be very familiar with. That gun, even though it's an exp-1-30 (auto BHO, mag well, blah, blah. . .) is was mfg'd with the capability of being marketed to countries (like the USA) where the PGs cannot come in. Those rives holes are for the "sporter" trigger linkage for the "sporter" stock and grip. Those rivets are pure Izhmash (I can tell).

They are apparently stamping and drilling them all the same so the receivers can go either way, PG in Europe, or sporter stock and grip in the US and similar markets. So, again, my question, why are American importers (now that we actually have a couple) not negotiating the exp-1-30s instead of the older stock???

The guy in the 2nd pic has that nice rail up front... but he opts to use that sky-high dustcover mount for his EOTech instead... WTF, over? :ded:

Is that shotgun a Saiga-12 Exp01 or a Vepr-12?

That's the TDI Israeli polymer aftermarket AK furniture (combat tested). I use it on my AK-101 clone. It's good stuff and about $59 for the lower, and less for the upper. Available all over the 'net.

Edited by inparidel

I don't remember which website it was, but I saw somebody selling quad rail HGs that looked just like TDI's, but they had a "Made In Russia" sticker on the inside, could have been a dupe though.

EDIT: Found it, Cope's Distributing has them, about a quarter of the way down the page on the left side.

russianaK47ForwardHanguard.jpg

Edited by ozone_00

I love russian instruction papers. read that last part on that doc in the pic. too funny.

one of the papers that came with my s12 said to "make sure to wash hands and face before eating and after work". with NO reference to the inhibitor paper or gun cleaning agents. too funny.

lets see, hearing protection. skeet loads? hearing protection? you guys are funny. now that stubby rifle, thats a candidate for earmuffs or plugs, for sure, but a full length 12 gauge with wolf or peters skeet loads, I dunno about that one.

now the point about a break on a rifle, well, thats another story. Ive taken the habit of earmuffing myself when I shoot my m15, but that is the only gun right now I need to wear it. nothing I own makes my ears ring except that one. that is how you know if its too loud, for the most part, if your hearing drops out for a second after the first shot, or rings. ive seen guys use hearing protection and have a ruger 10/22 in thier hands. I was very tempted to stop the truck and go over to the fence and laugh at the guy. yes he was the only one there. musta been one of those "southern NYers" or something.

now the no eye protection issue is another story. even cheap shades or something. bear eyeballed though? no thanks. Ive been hit twice this year alone in the glasses by debris and bullet fragments. hearing protection, eh, but eye protection is a MUST....

but what do I know. I would be shooting those red bricks in the second picture first of all. paper punching is not fun to me unless there is money involved, not that I illegally gamble. I dont go to public ranges, so I wouldnt know what safe shooting actually is. its not uncommon for everyone to run like hell from a falling 50 foot tree all with loaded guns in the woods when I go out shooting. I will have to film some of my crazier tendancies like point blank rock shooting or bump firing at skeet just to make the saftey nazis cringe and the rest of you laugh. I am probably going to go deer hunting this year and plug up my mags, and see if I can shoot my limit in one try. I should be able to drop several of those damned things with the way that I shoot. then of course, they will get choppped up and cooked up and eaten. I have a fold up bench that I shoot off of once a year about, but well, thats not shooting. thats putting your gun in a vice or supporting it in such a manner that is unnatural, and pulling the trigger once the gun is settled into place on target. I call that test firing, not shooting and definately not sporting.

but like I said, what do I know anyway? I shoot about 10-20,000 rounds a year (not counting .22) these days, so I wouldnt know anything about that type of stuff, right? :)

I DO know that the more guns out there, and the more people shooting them and posting pictures of it all, the BETTER!

So, again. . .RAA, why are we not getting the EXP-1-30 guns (which it is clear are being mfg for either direction, PG or "sporter" configs), instead of the much older Saiga 12s we are getting?????

RE: the furniture: Maybe the Israelis are stealing the Russian design (who knows). BUt that's irrelevant to the fact that Europe is getting sporter versions of the EXP-1-30s. See the VEPR rip-off design. Why ain't we????

Edited by inparidel

:rolleyes: Hey-was that $627.50 for the Saiga AND the wild redhead?! That is a mail order combo I could go for :eek::wub::lolol: Something about a Red headed woman(goodlooking of course) With a big grin shooting a 'big bore' weapon-kinda looks a little devilish to me :lolol::lolol::super::wub::angel:

On a serious note,WHY won't the so called conservatives-republicans-since they control congress- rescind the ^^$*@&URH*$$^%#^!! POS law on importing the 'big bad guns' such lame shit. take away their 'power' to give themselves raises and you WILL hear them screaming FOUL!!!!! Sorry guys....Whenever I think people cannot get dumber,they do and it infuiates me....

Now back to the Saiga.....Is there now way to import all the parts for the models we want and have a SOT or class 2 make them with US made receivers? Just a thought-RAAC are you listening...?

:rolleyes: Hey-was that $627.50 for the Saiga AND the wild redhead?! That is a mail order combo I could go for :eek::wub::lolol: Something about a Red headed woman(goodlooking of course) With a big grin shooting a 'big bore' weapon-kinda looks a little devilish to me :lolol::lolol::super::wub::angel:

On a serious note,WHY won't the so called conservatives-republicans-since they control congress- rescind the ^^$*@&URH*$$^%#^!! POS law on importing the 'big bad guns' such lame shit. take away their 'power' to give themselves raises and you WILL hear them screaming FOUL!!!!! Sorry guys....Whenever I think people cannot get dumber,they do and it infuiates me....

Now back to the Saiga.....Is there now way to import all the parts for the models we want and have a SOT or class 2 make them with US made receivers? Just a thought-RAAC are you listening...?

That's just the point. That receiver is drilled for the same trigger linkage as our ancient Saigas. RAA need to talk turkey with the head Rusky at Izzy. We need the EXP-1-30s to come in with the BS sporter config as do the prehistoric Saigas we are paying too much for now. The whole gun is import legal with the sporter config, as are the ones we are now getting.

That's just the point. That receiver is drilled for the same trigger linkage as our ancient Saigas. RAA need to talk turkey with the head Rusky at Izzy. We need the EXP-1-30s to come in with the BS sporter config as do the prehistoric Saigas we are paying too much for now. The whole gun is import legal with the sporter config, as are the ones we are now getting.

[/quot

OR, RAAC can mimic ARSENAL Inc. and import in stripped "legal" barrelled actions w/ recievers and build them up to EXP-1-30 level with Russian/American parts and possibly even Russian technicians. Arsenal Inc. sells their AK-47/74 clones for $600+ and people buy them. Thinking about it, they too are having problems figuring out what to sell to the American market as they have yet to produce a stamped .223 AK-74 clone rumored for two years now. Yet the demand is there.

OR, RAAC can mimic ARSENAL Inc. and import in stripped "legal" barrelled actions w/ recievers and build them up to EXP-1-30 level with Russian/American parts and possibly even Russian technicians. Arsenal Inc. sells their AK-47/74 clones for $600+ and people buy them. Thinking about it, they too are having problems figuring out what to sell to the American market as they have yet to produce a stamped .223 AK-74 clone rumored for two years now. Yet the demand is there.

My point exactly. I hate that we have to BUILD a F***ing gun that we could import but for the POS daddy Bush '89 mil-type ban that needs to GO! (thanks "gun friendly" Republicans! yeah, right.) The "parts kit"route isn't even necessary for us to get EXP-1-30s. Arsenal does it one way (gives us a WHOLE gun, I mean). I agree +10 re: their apparent numbnuttedness about stamped .223 '74 Ms. If I could buy one of those I probably wouldn't have had to buy a Saiga .223 and do all sorts of mods myself and also pay a 'smith a couple of hundred bucks to do some stuff I don't have the facilities to do, just so I can have an AK-101 clone (which I am madly in love with, and my fellow AR club members that get beaten all the time by it hate). But buying a whole gun is just easier, and how it should be.

The Saiga EXPs ARE OUT THERE with the sport linkage holes already in them. We just saw one. We know that it's not the VEPR, because the VEPR does not do the sport trigger linkage and sport stock, and does not have those rivets in those holes. That and the ad said Saiga (in cyrillic). VEPR appently isn't even interested in the US market, Europe only. But back to the Saigas. . .RAA: If you read this. Ask your salesperson at Izzy for the EXPs with the sporter setup that is US legal. We can PG mod them here just as we do now with the older models.

RAA HELP!! :cryss:

Edited by inparidel

No way to know this, but one possible reason we aren't seeing these models ... Russia is determined to sell out their old stockpiles before marketing the new? If they were to offer the new sales of the old stuff would dry up? Maybe they haven't built any 5 round mags for the new?

Or, maybe RAA isn't aware of the demand. Or is worried requiring old mags won't fit new guns?

Either way, I'm guessing we'll have domestically produced add on magwells before we see these new specimens imported. But a man can dream ....