Saiga 12K-040-02 Legion

This is a civilian version of the Saiga 12S-EXP-01-30 "SWAT". It's made by Legion www.exclusivegun.ru : which is an affiliate of Izhmash.

I hope you will enjoy this image collection.

saigaexp9gl.gif

saiga12k04002legion057vd.jpg

saiga12k04002legion042qx.jpg

saiga12k04002legion015lf.jpg

saiga12k04002legion022ku.jpg

saiga12k04002legion060gv.jpg

saiga375vs.jpg

349871.jpg

saiga12isp4od.jpg

saiga12k04002legion050fz.jpg

Note the different HG in the last picture.

Edited by Tozman

First, thanks for the images. We know that Izmash HAS the exp-01-030 (otherwise known as the SWAT model available for private sporting consumption. We also know that VEPR has a comparable, if not better in terms of fit and finish) model also available for European civvy consumption. But, WE, here in the now unpopular USA are only getting Saiga shottys that are the older models until they are gone--apparently. RAA NEEDS to fight for the EXP-01-30 models for the US market!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the tease though. . . .

:osama::killer: Like photo's Tozman. :super: StarLynx, Son with USMC 3/3 liberated cases of older version (plastic) foreguards 2 years ago from arms depot. This is what got me interested in Saiga 12's. They did use some liberated Saigas until tour ended. When returning for second tour 7 months ago, none where to be found in his sector, except for a few Iraqi police raid units that work with our Special Operation teams. :cryss: Except for a few they used, they have not encountered the enemy using them. Figured either a non issue weapon before war, or ammo was in short supply. He did state many mags for Saigas where in depot, Only about 5/6 cases 00 buck. :smoke: Damn, got long winded, just that this is time of day/week I hear from him. Must be out chasing bad guys. :osama::killer::super:
  • 5 years later...

This thread needs to be resurrected. Great photos and ideas

Well I'll be damned! Looking close at the 5th picture I can see they drilled the FSB for the laser to shine thru.

Hmmmm looks mighty familiar!

If you'd like to keep it under wraps that's cool but what is this s12 gasblock laser deal you came up with? Looks bitch'n dude!

Well I'll be damned! Looking close at the 5th picture I can see they drilled the FSB for the laser to shine thru.

If you'd like to keep it under wraps that's cool but what is this s12 gasblock laser deal you came up with? Looks bitch'n dude!

That's a Russian "Corsak 22" laser designed to replace the factory gas plug in the S-12 & S-20

I bored a hole through my custom Bulgarian FSB for it to shine through, then looking at these pics a while later, noticed they had done the same thing. Only way to use it really if you have elevated AK sights.

http://www.rbs.ru/vt...mo/e-cor-22.htm

Some other pics....

post-1293-0-50892800-1320009719_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-86798600-1320009729_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That's a Russian "Corsak 22" laser designed to replace the factory gas plug in the S-12 & S-20

I bored a hole through my custom Bulgarian FSB for it to shine through, then looking at these pics a while later, noticed they had done the same thing. Only way to use it really if you have elevated AK sights.

http://www.rbs.ru/vt...mo/e-cor-22.htm

Some other pics....

post-1293-0-50892800-1320009719_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-86798600-1320009729_thumb.jpg

Righton Shannon! Thanks for the info and the extra pics too

Greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Man, I really like the look of the Russian red stained wood hg's on the S-12. Even the pistol grip (is that polymer or wood) either way it looks great. Then as you go down the photos you see the black polymer hg's & those look great too. And then the last photo shows the wooden long hg with the vents on the top sides, how sweet is that! To top all of them off is the folding SVD style stock. To me that is the only folding stock that should be on the S-12 & the rest of the Saiga line of rifles. That stock is the cats meow! But that's just my opinion. And yes Tozman thanks for the photo's & keep them coming.

• 7 months later...

As sought after as they are, I'm sure there's a very good reason for the design but after all the reading I couldn't find any info. So now I must shamefully ask...

So, the buttstocks shown in the pictures, with the cheek rest and the grey plunger looking thing...what's the deal with those?

As sought after as they are, I'm sure there's a very good reason for the design but after all the reading I couldn't find any info. So now I must shamefully ask...

So, the buttstocks shown in the pictures, with the cheek rest and the grey plunger looking thing...what's the deal with those?

Well, actually not much of a deal. They are usually $450 to $600 for just the stock, no rear block, no pin, no nothing just the stock. I like good gear, but that is even too rich for my blood.

Well, actually not much of a deal. They are usually $450 to $600 for just the stock, no rear block, no pin, no nothing just the stock. I like good gear, but that is even too rich for my blood.

Lol no no not like "lets make a deal", rather, what's the story, gimme the 411, just wondering what is so special about it

Lol no no not like "lets make a deal", rather, what's the story, gimme the 411, just wondering what is so special about it

Search for a member on here by the name of: RamLake He has alot of info and pics about the SVDS butt stocks you are asking about.

Edited by Mullet Man