So lots of people are worried about the 10rd mags.....

I preordered from AGP. I have kept quiet and been patient, but there are so many anticipated ship dates followed by unexpected delays I'm starting to wonder...

That being said;

There is no way I am going to pay over $60.00 for a magazine; I'll just go with a pile of five rounders, even if it severely limits my tactical capability, there are so many advantages to the S-12, it still surpasses the my tube fed pumps and autos.

The first guy to bring a high capacity mag at a reasonable price to market gets my business; I prefer 8 rounds to 10, polymer to steel, but will use any / either.

Then I need a quality pouch for them... And a magwell... Please, Santa... I've been extra good this year!

I was one of the first to get on the pre order list at AGP for the 10 rounders. I believe that AGP will come through on the 10 round magazines. Having said that I would also be interested in purchasing 8rd. mags for my Saiga 12 as well. I have wanted them for a while but I just can't bring myself to spend over $100 for a single magazine. Like the movie says "If you build it they will come" :smoke:

If say someone were to get line drawings for those from the Russians and put them into a cad drawing to make here in the US, would anyone have a hissy fit about those?

Dont waste your time and ours with an "I'll take XX number!" post, just a simple comment on the market will do.

CAD Drawing? That's not the hard part....don't waste your time and ours with that:)

The issue is the milling of a pair of male and female molds. Even with CAD drawings, it's extremely expensive. You'd be better off getting the code for the CNC to mill them out stateside, and even that's not as good as getting a tested dupe set of molds direct from Russia. The metal is the pricey part...Cad/gCode/whatever isn't as tough. Once you have the metal in hand it's child's play for just about any injection house.

If you're really interested, it might be worth calling CavArms and asking them....they'll likley echo my statements though.

take care,

Tec

If say someone were to get line drawings for those from the Russians and put them into a cad drawing to make here in the US, would anyone have a hissy fit about those?

Dont waste your time and ours with an "I'll take XX number!" post, just a simple comment on the market will do.

CAD Drawing? That's not the hard part....don't waste your time and ours with that:)

The issue is the milling of a pair of male and female molds. Even with CAD drawings, it's extremely expensive. You'd be better off getting the code for the CNC to mill them out stateside, and even that's not as good as getting a tested dupe set of molds direct from Russia. The metal is the pricey part...Cad/gCode/whatever isn't as tough. Once you have the metal in hand it's child's play for just about any injection house.

If you're really interested, it might be worth calling CavArms and asking them....they'll likley echo my statements though.

take care,

Tec

Dude, FBMG/Pvt Pyle knows what he's talking about, as the company about to put the 20rnd S308 mags on the market, I have faith that they probably have a bit more knownledge than assumed. All that aside Cav arms may be skilled at this too, but where the hell have they been during this whole process, arm chair quarterbacking this project is just an irritation to those of use that have been glued to the computer screen waiting patiently. Never ass u me anything

take care,

Tec

Yeah, we went thuru this already and it all began with a simple CAD drawing. I think we have the rest of it figured out now so we wont make the same mistakes again. And the Cav Arms quote in their thread came in a bit higher than what we got here locally from the same guys doing our 308 mags.

Thanks for the advice.

The 8 rounders barely clear the front handgrip during insertion, I have a tactical rail on the bottom, the molded in type, and need the grip fairly far back for comfort, I got a feeling the tens are going to hit the grip during mag insertion, but I wont know until I OWN a few.

I am also limited in how far forward I can mount the streamlight, the grip, and still have room to rock the mag into postion.

That said, I dont give poo if they are 8 or 10 for the same amount of money, I would pay 100 bucks each if I knew I could get them in a week, and not wait a year, and then, maybe.....

Edited by frick
7 or 8 rounds is preferable to 10 rounds for those of us in states where we can't legally pistol-grip our Saigas

Umm...you are aware that the mag capacity that the BATFE "worries" about is more than FIVE, right?

And that a US made magazine counts as three "parts"?

:haha:

Alex

The 8 rounders barely clear the front handgrip during insertion, I have a tactical rail on the bottom, the molded in type, and need the grip fairly far back for comfort, I got a feeling the tens are going to hit the grip during mag insertion, but I wont know until I OWN a few.

I am also limited in how far forward I can mount the streamlight, the grip, and still have room to rock the mag into postion.

That said, I dont give poo if they are 8 or 10 for the same amount of money, I would pay 100 bucks each if I knew I could get them in a week, and not wait a year, and then, maybe.....

Try a shorter VFG.

PvtPyle,

that price in the other thread was a rough estimate on the high side including first production run of 1,000 pieces

If you ever want an official quote on molds for magazines, buttstocks, handguards, pistol grips, receivers, or anything else polymer based contact us.

...All that aside Cav arms may be skilled at this too, but where the hell have they been during this whole process,..

We pay attention to the forums too...as I posted before we never pursued anything with Saiga magazines because several people were on the cusp of releasing them for so long. Ironically when we finally thought oh well no one is going to deliver...AGP releases samples the same week.

There are better things for us to spend our time on than fight over a limited market. I'll be happy to Endorse/Use/Sell whatever reliable magazines are available on the market.

If 8 rounders become available I will probably get some of them too. I am already planning on using the various capacities of magazines to denote different ammo types.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

This should answer your question...

Mine is the Russian tactical forearm with Russian folding grip. It's set all the way to the rear and the mag clears no prob. Actually it's kinda cool. The grip serves as a guide in the dark.

post-1293-1161804093_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1161804113_thumb.jpg

Oops sorry Pyle, wrong thread...

I'm sure your mags will be shaped pretty much the same though if you guys are still going ahead with them.

Topmaul I wish I could say yes bro but truth is, I'm just too damned broke to get in and buy all that ammo. I'm going thru all mine just testing these mags.

Now maybe if I got sponsored somehow...? :angel:

I've got plenty of mags I could share.

hey, dont feel bad, I found some 308 8 rounders when they were scarce for the factory rate, sold them, because noone posted and wanted them, and the guy sold them on ebay for almost double what I sold them to him for, so far as I know.

so dont feel bad. but deals are out there, no worries! dont give up!

but then again, this is a 12 gauge topic, not a 308 topic.....which are two totally diffferent stories.....

7 or 8 rounds is preferable to 10 rounds for those of us in states where we can't legally pistol-grip our Saigas

Umm...you are aware that the mag capacity that the BATFE "worries" about is more than FIVE, right?

And that a US made magazine counts as three "parts"?

:haha:

Alex

I'm just saying that 10-round mag on a non-pistol gripped Saiga would:

1. Be excessively long and unwieldy

2. Look stupid