MY CONVERTED SAIGA

post-3-1169861602_thumb.jpg

ITS NEARLY FINISHED!!!

I took it to the range and...well...yeah...

post-3-1169861612_thumb.jpg

I need a recoil pad...

Which one works better with my KVAR poly stock as far as the fit?

The Limbsaver Slip-on

OR

Grenade Launching Slip-on

any experience? Im leaning toward the grenade pad but if the limbsaver actually works better (and somebody has tried the slip on kind) I will probably get that instead. This NAVCOM material that its made of sounds incredible.

Hey that shoulder look OK, damn last time I saw something like that was when I got

to run like 60 3 inch slugs and like 100 buckshot true one of my shotguns, not bad

of a shoulder I will say, hey nice 12G .

LOL Tony. Come On man! its winchester super x 1600fps 1 oz slugs only here.

Kahrak its a laser sight that screws into the gas threading, it replaces the old selector.

Try aspercream . became a believer after a few bouts with my MG42 . And where did you find that nifty laser ? That looks just to cool , and I have the perfect toy to stick one on .

I'm hoping I'll need a Striker shoulder replacement someday from shootin' :killer:

You should be proud of the bruise!

"kinda like I'm proud of my old lady's rugburn!" :smoke:

Edited by Juggernaut

I like the limbsaver Grind-To-Fit. It looks like it was intended to be part of the gun. You don't get as much surface area, but the cusion in it is much better than the KVAR one, so it makes up for it IMO.

BTW, to the smartasses, I put it on for faster follow up shots. :haha:

Edited by shaneman153a

I use the LimbSaver slip-on, Large. Works great, easy to get on and off. Fits all non-converted Saigas.

Adds to LOP too and gives a great non-slip surface. I have long arms and the additional LOP (about an inch) makes a big difference to me. That's as important as the recoil reduction.

I have Limbsavers slip-ons in all sizes from small for Mosin Nagants and Swiss K31, medium small for SKS, to large for Saigas, Garands.

I prefer slip-ons because there's no need to do any work on attaching a permanent recoil pad. While more expensive than permanent recoil pads, the ability to take it on and off without changing the gun itself (and the time and labor involved in putting it on permanently) makes it a real deal for me.

You can find them at Brownells and Sportsman's Guide.

Also make sure you're really pulling the butt tight on your shoulder. A less than tight shouldering can really hit you hard.

Steve

Nice Saiga 12 man!

Yep that's an S-12 tattoo alright...lol!

Ya'll do a search for Korsak Laser within the for sale setion. It should bring up something.

I think it was acca 47 I got mine from.

If you plan to shoot mostly slugs and high brass shot, get the grenade launcher pad. I saved all me teeth after getting this. By far the best pad out there. Pain in the but to get to fit on most any stock, but I shoot 3" magnum slugs 5 in a row without even a flinch with that bad boy.

bid dog.

Your getting scuffed, you need to hold it tighter.

I wish I had a picture from when me and my brother got our two cases of 7.62x54r. I had trouble picking my arms up for a week, black and blue shoulders. Or the time I tryed firing his 20 gauge break action like a pistol for a few boxes, my wrist turned purple. Ahhh what fun, now I need to bump fire that S-12 I am getting.

One more vote here for the GL pad. You can also get one cheaper from FSE like micah suggested. They are US made and cheaper than the Bulargian ones from K Var. It slips on the AK stocks snug and quickly comes off if you want to remove it. Makes a huge didfference with that much surface area.

...........after running Tony Rumore's USAS-12 a couple of cycles at Alpena last summer while wearing a t-shirt, I also hafta say "pull it in a little tighter" and it'll solve that problem.......... (a little red, but no bruising.......and a helluva blast !!!) When I use a pad, its a little slip-on for a T6...........

One more vote here for the GL pad. You can also get one cheaper from FSE like micah suggested. They are US made and cheaper than the Bulargian ones from K Var. It slips on the AK stocks snug and quickly comes off if you want to remove it. Makes a huge didfference with that much surface area.

Hey Cobra/anybody, could you give links for the GL, and the FSE? Thnx. :smoke: