Howdy Folks!

Was wondering many Veterans (or currently serving) do we have?

What branch?

What unit(s)

Years served?

What did you do (MOS)?

What was your service rifle?

Rank/Pay Grade?

As far as myself

What branch?: USMC :super:

What unit(s): 2nd LSB LSE co., MCSSD-28, MWSS 172

Years served?: 1989-1993

What did you do (MOS)?: 1345 Heavy Equipment

What was your service rifle?: M-16A2

Rank/Pay Grade? Cpl. E-4

To take a friendly jab at all you Army guys,

you know what ARMY stands for right?

Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet! :lolol::lolol::haha:

(I know I got it coming for that one! :unsure: )

God Bless all of you who are serving or have served!

Edited by Juggernaut

What branch?: US Army

What unit(s): B Co, 105th MI Bn, 5 ID (Mech) (Ft. Polk, LA) and 5th MI Co, 18th MI Bn, 66th MI Gp, USAEUR (Munich, Ger)

Years served?: 1983 - 1991

What did you do (MOS)?: 97E Interrogator, Russian Linguist

What was your service rifle?: M-16A1

Rank/Pay Grade? : SGT E-5

Over at the VFW a Marine and US Army CSMs wind up in the bathroom together. The Marine finishes first and proceeds to the sink to wash his hands. The Army CSM turns and goes straight to the door. The Marine pipes up, "When I was in the Marines, they taught us to wash our hand after using the head." To which the Army CSM replies, "When I was in the Army, they taught us not to piss on ourselves."

Edited 2/3/07 to correct vernacular (latrine to head) and add rank.

Edited by Ax-Man

What branch?- U.S Army

What unit(s)- 1/10 SFG(A) Bad Tolz - FRG

-Aco/ 313th MI 82 ABN

- Aco 319 ABN MI 18ABC

- SOTB 3/3 MID 3rd SFG(A)

Years served? - 12 (to the day)

What did you do (MOS)? - 31C

98C

18E

What was your service rifle? 85-89 (M16A1)

90-93 (M16A2)

93-97 (M4 / 203)

Rank/Pay Grade? E-6

Loved every minute of it.

Keep your knees in the breeze!

Edited by macbeau

What branch: U.S. Army

What unit(s): Christ, where do I begin? Enlisted in the Army as a 11BC2 (Infantryman; dragon gunner), was accepted into OCS and then branched Engineers... first assignment was in the then, Federal Republic of Germany with a Medium Girder Bridge Company. Many years later I retired from the 412th Engineer Command (Forward) Korea.

Years served: 1983 - 2004

What did you do (MOS): 21A (Corps of Engineers)

What was your service rifle: M16A2... 92F Beretta Pistol.....but mostly I rode shotgun at a bloody-desk (i.e., I was a REMF).

Rank/Pay Grade: Major/O-4

Edited by Gary

Was wondering many Veterans (or currently serving) do we have?

What branch? U.S. Army

What unit(s) 7th Air Cavalry, 514 Medical Battalion

Years served? '84-88

What did you do (MOS)? 63 Bravo Light Wheel Vehicle Mechanic

What was your service rifle? M-16 A1, A2

Rank/Pay Grade? SP/4 (P)

1969-1972 US Army. Small Arms Repairman in a Depot shop with the 2nd Logistical Command, Okinawa. M14 and M16A1 rifles. 1979-1982 ILANG 126th Police Flight, O'Hare Airport. Security Police Supervisor for SAC. M16 rifle and 38 Special M15 revolver. This was a full time position.

What branch? USA

What unit(s) 22nd Sig BDE Darmstadt Germany & Dogwood, IQ / 4ID Ft. Hood, TX and Taji, IQ

Years served? 2001-now

What did you do (MOS)? Started as 31R (Commo guy) switched to 153d UH-60 Aviator

What was your service rifle? m-16a2 + m203 (Fun!), M249 (Actually got to USE that one!) currently m9 + m4

Rank/Pay Grade? made SGT then shipped to flight school now CW2

I love my job, but I hate the people I work for

What branch? USA

What unit(s) 22nd Sig BDE Darmstadt Germany & Dogwood, IQ / 4ID Ft. Hood, TX and Taji, IQ

Years served? 2001-now

What did you do (MOS)? Started as 31R (Commo guy) switched to 153d UH-60 Aviator

What was your service rifle? m-16a2 + m203 (Fun!), M249 (Actually got to USE that one!) currently m9 + m4

Hate as in unit or government?

I know I am going to get a ration for this but ...

Branch: Coast Guard (Department of Transportation)

Units: Umpua River Heavy Weather Station, CGC Acacia (Michigan), Academy New London

Years Served: 1994-1999, 2001 (Briefly)

MOS: Electrician's Mate

Service Rifle: 03-a3 modified to lauch a heaving line

Pay Grade: e5

I can totally empathize. And regarding Juggernaut's question, I'd hazard to guess shaneman153a was not referring to our government (though I personally find our Commander in Chief a thorough knuckle-head). While serving more than 21 years I often found myself reflecting on the fact of just how much I really didn't like many of the supervisors, leaders, and people I worked for and with.... but then I'd PCS (permanent change of duty station) and would find myself with fantastic people. It always seemed to be "one or the other" and I never experienced having both -- Either the duty station assignment (geographic location) was fantastic... but the people sucked. Or the people were fantastic but the location sucked. About eight years ago, I worked at the Pentagon Building for just over two years and was rather shocked to find that working with Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, etc. from all the branches of the U.S. Armed Services was terrific; everybody in the five-sided "puzzle palace" seemed to get along great and mutually supported each other (such were my experiences at the field grade officer level anyway), but the location sucked. It's like shortly after arriving to your new assignment at the Pentagon... in short order you found yourself quickly dreaming of the new duty location to follow.... because generally speaking the job and location sucks there (traffic congestion, limitations of access and when you can arrive and depart the building; working hours, etc.). Anyway, I digress.

What branch? USN

What unit(s) Various including, USS Nashville LPD-13, 3rd Marines (Okinawa), 1st Marines (Yuma), USS John F. Kennedy CV-67, soon to PCS to 2nd Marines (Camp LeJeune)

Years served? 1990 to present

What did you do (MOS)? Dental Officer- Not a high speed, low drag Warrior job, but I take care of the greatest people in the World.

What was your service rifle? Qualified with the M16A2. M9 pistol on deployments. I found that if I give armorer's their pick of old dental instruments, I've gotten to shoot just about every small arm in the inventory.

Rank/Pay Grade? O-5/ Commander. Waiting on the results of the O-6 board. Fingers crossed.

DocV

I can totally empathize. And regarding Juggernaut's question, I'd hazard to guess shaneman153a was not referring to our government (though I personally find our Commander in Chief a thorough knuckle-head). While serving more than 21 years I often found myself reflecting on the fact of just how much I really didn't like many of the supervisors, leaders, and people I worked for and with.... but then I'd PCS (permanent change of duty station) and would find myself with fantastic people. It always seemed to be "one or the other" and I never experienced having both -- Either the duty station assignment (geographic location) was fantastic... but the people sucked. Or the people were fantastic but the location sucked. About eight years ago, I worked at the Pentagon Building for just over two years and was rather shocked to find that working with Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, etc. from all the branches of the U.S. Armed Services was terrific; everybody in the five-sided "puzzle palace" seemed to get along great and mutually supported each other (such were my experiences at the field grade officer level anyway), but the location sucked. It's like shortly after arriving to your new assignment at the Pentagon... in short order you found yourself quickly dreaming of the new duty location to follow.... because generally speaking the job and location sucks there (traffic congestion, limitations of access and when you can arrive and depart the building; working hours, etc.). Anyway, I digress.

Please know that I was not attempting to question anyones patriotism.. :unsure:

I hated my unit that I was with the 18 months I spent on the rock as well.

Hey Commander DocV.

a funny dental story.

when I was in Okinawa, There was a hygienist that I thought was cute and I knew she would be cleaning my teeth.

So before my appointment, I ate a whole box of oreo cookies.

Man was she impressed!

Good luck with your board!

I know I am going to get a ration for this but ...

Branch: Coast Guard (Department of Transportation)

Units: Umpua River Heavy Weather Station, CGC Acacia (Michigan), Academy New London

Years Served: 1994-1999, 2001 (Briefly)

MOS: Electrician's Mate

Service Rifle: 03-a3 modified to lauch a heaving line

Pay Grade: e5

GO COASTIES!!!

Arguably the only branch that works for it's pay every day of the week in hostile territory whether or not we are at war!

What branch? USA

Years served? 2001-now

Hate as in unit or government?

Well I was referring to the unit. Priorities are way off! Ditto on the remarks about having good unit + good people, but for me, I always get a good location + bad unit. I never have had a great unit, but the people are always great, as far as peers. Come to think of it, where I am now sucks location and command wise, maybe that's what's prompted me to get out as soon as I can. But, I don't regret anything, got a great school and met a lot of great people, get to see the world (Every 18 months it seems) and got some life-changing experience that makes you rethink your priorities.

If senior leaders worried more about their -10 than their AR 670-1, we wouldn't need reenlistment NCO's

Edited by shaneman153a

What unit(s): B Co, 105th MI Bn, 5 ID (Mech) (Ft. Polk, LA) and 5th MI Co, 18th MI Bn, 66th MI Gp, USAEUR (Munich, Ger)

Hey Ax-Man

Your Job as an Interrogator, Russian Linguist 1983-91.

That totally sounds like some Cold War James Bond stuff.

I ask not in jest but in total seriousness as I love to read up on the cold war.

any stories?

Hey Ax-Man

Your Job as an Interrogator, Russian Linguist 1983-91.

That totally sounds like some Cold War James Bond stuff.

I ask not in jest but in total seriousness as I love to read up on the cold war.

any stories?

Unfortunately, no! The 3 years I spent @ Ft. Polk was a waste of taxpayers money. I spent most of my time proving I was as good a grunt as the next. In Munich, everything was overt. No covert stuff for me. If you were a good enough linguist (I wasn't) there were programs you could go into that were far more covert.

It was neat to be over there when the wall came down. It was a real change for Germany. Besides, if I told you any stories, I'd have to kill you! :rolleyes:

What branch?US Army

What unit(s) 772 Forward Surgical Team

Years served?2004-now

What did you do (MOS)? 91W Combat Medic

What was your service rifle? Colt M16A2, barretta 9mm

Rank/Pay Grade? E-4 SPC

one tour in Iraq just got back in September going back sometime this summer.....

I was on CNN's Combat Hospital i dont know if you saw it but life was crazy there....

SPC Jonathan Mallard