Are 12 guage Saigas in danger of being D.D.

I saw another topic on this.Where is this info coming from?Is there a bill before congress or is it just a possible thought.

Can anyone shead some light on this.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Street Sweepers and others were made DD's through an executive order.

Current threats are the new AWB and possible future executive orders that could come at any time.

I think it will be one item on a laundry list of things. Where it falls in the priority list...I dunno. Be certain that .50 BMG's are on the list, high cap mags, "assault weapons"- to include the Saiga.....May include some kind of ammo tax, owner licensing nationwide-think FOID etc.....who knows but know this much....they're coming and they will take whatever they can!

You freaking guys are costing me money. I'm trying my darnest to get a saiga 12 and in the next 2 months will hopefully be 2 20 round drums and then a couple of 10 round mags.

I hate you guys.

All because I'm getting scared of not being able to ever get tthem in the future.

Read the book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker. It has important lessons for people who think tactically. Basically, the book says "Go with your gut feelings".....If it looks like a raghead with an Ak about to enter a school, he isn't there for career day or show and tell! Act accordingly.

That lesson applies here as well.

I hate you guys.

All because I'm getting scared of not being able to ever get tthem in the future.

Don't hate the player my friend.........

Just be sure your registered to vote.

Take the power back bro!

square-med-fredimao.jpg

I hate you guys.

Don't hate the player my friend.........

Just be sure your registered to vote.

Take the power back bro!

square-med-fredimao.jpg

Yup, thats whom I'm going to vote for. I hope he makes a huge splash and is the next Reagen style president. We need a strong conservative president who can speak well and communicate well with his people.

Read the book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker. It has important lessons for people who think tactically. Basically, the book says "Go with your gut feelings".....If it looks like a raghead with an Ak about to enter a school, he isn't there for career day or show and tell! Act accordingly.

Very true. I remember kicking myself in the butt for not buying beautiful AK47s for 125-150 dollars in the early early 90's just after the Bush sr ban. Then once the Clinton ban hit, all was lost.

For the first time in my life, I have some extra money to have a bit of fun with so I'm doing it. I think I bought about 19 AK47 kits in the least year since I started buying guns for the first time. I have built 5 of them so far and will be buying a bunch of receivers for them as well soon.

I don't want to be "wishing I did that" in the future. I also have been buying as much ammo as i can possible afford and have been getting into reloading as well.

I'll have to check it out. I hope the first lesson is: Don't think tactically -- think strategically and act tactically.

Jim

wow, bobo, getting ready to outfit a coupla rifle squads?

LOL. Nahhh. I Have a OCD problem. Once I get into a hobby, I end up with this weird "collector" mentality and need to get as many of whatever hobby I'm in to make myself feel complete.

For example, I got into gas powered R/C cars once. So after 6 months, I ended up with 5 of the same model gas powered car each one slightly different with different mods. Same with electric trains, I collect them over many years. Computers, I have more computers and laptops than you can shake a stick at.

So when it came to AK47s, I discovered all the different types and just went nuts on buying kits. :) I want to have one of each style except I like my Yugos so I have 4 of them.

Ya'll gotta understand about AKs and AK kits. You see a pristine Polish kit, never fired and stored in a warehouse since 1981 with wood that would be at home on a nice piano so you get it. Next a cool Hungarian AMD pops up for ONLY $59.00! Cool little sidefolder and it's barely over 50 bucks.

Prices start rising but hey, those Romanian 'G' models are super cheap, handled a bit but never fired and your buddies want an AK too so you buy four of those.

Oh my!, A NEVER ASSEMBLED Yugo Krinkov? Oh this is way too cool! Got the hinged top cover, one piece gas block and that one of a kind muzzle brake with integral gas chamber. Ya, it's a bit pricey but it WILL make a nice pistol or SBR.

Christmas is coming up and the wife wants you to have a new toy so on His Birthday a shiny new Romanian WASR is under the tree!

Better half says, "It will make a nice companion to that Chinese AK you bought before Clinton banned them". Gotta love her.

Now the local deer population is out of control and it's Shotguns only in this county and hey, that Turkey Shoot for the local Kiwanis is this Fall so a Saiga goes right into the shopping cart.

Yo DO understand don't you? :)

WOW! where do you find deals like those?

As to hunting- I've done it but I don't particularly like taking the life of an animal. now in survival- like Survivorman, yeah I'll kill to eat.

Sadly those days ar e long gone of the cheap kits. Kits are now around 110 dollars (generic Romanian g kits) and go up to 500-800 dollars for the rare high end kits (krinks/ak74s/etc).

WOW! where do you find deals like those?

As to hunting- I've done it but I don't particularly like taking the life of an animal. now in survival- like Survivorman, yeah I'll kill to eat.

I PM'd 'dayan inikhaton' with vendors. For others that might be interested, Romanian AK kits are still available for a bit over $100.00 and are stocked by Scott G. at www.DPHarms.com and Bocefus over at the AK files forum www.akfiles.com.

Polish Tantal kits are still out there if you like 5.45x39.

I don't hunt either but have no problem shooting varmints that depredate property like Groundhogs that dig holes that horses step in and throw the rider thus breaking his/her spine. Or deer running out in front of cars.

I happen to like most animals myself but sadly, some must die.

Edited by Etek
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, if God hadn't intended us to eat the other animals why did he practically fill them full of meat?

Back to topic...

I figure that if the fed goes and declares the Saiga a Destructive Device they will have to follow precedent (for all the reasons they did last time) and give us time to register them without paying the $200 tax.

So the way I see it - should this happen - I will get the benefits of an SBS registration for free. I would fill out the paperwork and put down 10" for barrel length (DD's don't have a minimum barrel length). When the paperwork comes back it will be cuttin' time.

I wouldn't be especially happy about it but I would take advantage of it and do something that definitely was not on the hoplophobes' list of desired outcomes.

Edited by MadMax

Unless they start showing up in crime scenes, I'd guess that you have more to fear on an overarching ban then picking on an individual shotgun.

I certainly don't know anything more than the rest of us, but imagine the decision ... spend a good bit of effort and only shutdown a fairly obscure shotgun vs. spending a ton of effort, but shutting down a lot more firearms.

YMMV.

for the saiga 12 to be declared a destuctive device it would have to loose its "sporting purpose" status and that is done by having a capacity of more than 10 rds. All the ATF has to do is find out about the drums and declare any shotguns that uses that drum a DD by name like thay did with the SPAs 15 and street sweepers. Those drums are very cool but in the long run they are gonna cost us dearly and I really hope to be wrong about it.

Edited by hoplo74
for the saiga 12 to be declared a destuctive device it would have to loose its "sporting purpose" status and that is done by having a capacity of more than 10 rds. All the ATF has to do is find out about the drums and declare any shotguns that uses that drum a DD by name like thay did with the SPAs 15 and street sweepers. Those drums are very cool but in the long run they are gonna cost us dearly and I really hope to be wrong about it.

If it was 10rds like a lot of people have taken for fact, then RAA would be importing 8rd mags. They don't because they would lose their sporting classification. The 8rd mag is not sporting so the 10rds is definitely not. Do you think that in a foreign 10rd mag was made that it would be importable by RAA without losing the sporting classification. Why not if the ATF said 10rds was ok. It is because they never said that. And if they did it was because some lazy ass wanted to get off the phone with AGP. It is silly as well to think that the atf hasn't heard of the drums yet. Many people have called them on the subject, including some members here. They are well aware of the 10rd sticks and 20rd drums. They don't care. Do you think they want to make more work for themselves even if they did oppose the idea. If anything they will reclassify the saiga just to stop all the calls from people asking about the drums just to get some piece and quiet. I used to think the same thing. I knew it was bullshit the first time I heard AGP say that the BATF told them 10 was the limit. Yeah right. AGP probably just said that to shut everyone up on the subject and a lot of people ate the shit sandwich and thought it was good and still swear by it today. The 10rders came with no reclassification. WM drums are already in peoples hands and there was no reclassification. And my drum will come and there will be no reclassification. Not trying to bash anybody because I used to believe the same stuff, until I did some research and found it to be a totally different story than what is common belief. Think about it, the ATF allowed the USAS-12 to be cloned and didn't make it a DD. If they aren't going to reclassify a DD clone to a DD then I really don't think we need to worry about the saiga-12.

Also the SPAS-15 is not a DD. Just the USAS-12, Striker-12, and the Streetsweeper(striker clone). There is a bigger threat than on the saiga-12 alone. There are people working very hard to get the ALL saigas banned along with a long list of other guns, including Remington 1100 and Ruger 10/22. That is what we really need to concern ourselves with.

BATFE just ruins all the fun things in life..

It isn't the BATF. The BATF have never been more for the gun owners than they are right now. It is the legislative branch that is the real threat of gun control. Since that branch determines funding for government agencies, they can put the squeeze on agencies to see things their way. The elected officials are the ones that will ruin it. We need to worry about those people the most. Call your congressman and express your dis-like of gun control and assure them that anybody that even suggests such a thing will NEVER get your vote. The Ohio Highway Patrol is anti-gun. Needless to say they never get a donation from me when they call. Anybody that opposes my guns can flat out kiss my ass, even if we agree on everything else.