$1,900 Saiga 12???

:lol: :lol: What a dick! My Tromix blows that thing away! I don't like the finish.

Hey! spend $1900.00 and get a free $40 mag!.....how can you lose?!

I can' wait to see if some tool buys it

actually, they are first rate. dunno if I agree with thier pricing, but they were shot down before this forum could get in contact with them about thier work. it was unfortunate, really, and an accident, is the best way to explain it.

Who is? Rising Sun? I would like the white and red paint fill in on mine. No disrespect meant to them,if they are reputable. I just don't think people would respond well to that kind of pricing around here.

Have you handled one personally?

actually, they are first rate. dunno if I agree with thier pricing, but they were shot down before this forum could get in contact with them about thier work. it was unfortunate, really, and an accident, is the best way to explain it.

I don't understand. What does that mean? They're selling a $400 gun with no more than $200 worth of parts and about 6 hours of work for $1900.

I started getting into guns around 2002, but as far as I can remember, it wasn't really that bad. Shit, I got a norinco MAK90 sporter back then for $400, now it seems like you've got to drop atleast $450 on a yugo these days. The only thing that really affected me with the 1994 AWB was buying magazine for my pistol, $120 for a factory glock 23 13 round mag was ridiculous. But other than that, it was just symbolic, as far as I could tell. I could be wrong and or naive, I don't know.

those guys do some nice work.

I may have. Im kind of focusing on my own partnerships and such, to answer your questions closer, any more. I found a couple of guys that I can shake hands with and not have to pray at the end of the day, so whatever.

You get SOMETHING when you pay that much......instead of bitching why dont you OOGLE and ask WHAT IS IT? IT CANT BE JUST LETTERING JOBS!?!?!!??

bitch all you want. you pay for workmanship. the saiga-12 is skyrocketing in price, too. O WELL.

I edited some out, but you all hold me to it, so I will back what I originally said.

you people are like little girls sometimes, ya know that?

Edited by Bvamp

I may have. Im kind of focusing on my own partnerships and such, to answer your questions closer, any more. I found a couple of guys that I can shake hands with and not have to pray at the end of the day, so whatever.

You get SOMETHING when you pay that much......instead of bitching why dont you OOGLE and ask WHAT IS IT? IT CANT BE JUST LETTERING JOBS!?!?!!??

bitch all you want. you pay for workmanship. the saiga-12 is skyrocketing in price, too. O WELL.

I edited some out, but you all hold me to it, so I will back what I originally said.

The MAK90 never failed me, it always shot and functioned great. Hell, I'm shooting through a century underfolder right now, I've got no complaints, but then again, I really don't have that much experience with guns in general, in a grand scheme. I do know that I can hit a 12" plate a 100 yards pretty consistently with my shitty century ak iron sights, so I must me doing something right.

If you are responding to me, I didn't say it was for a lettering job. I said I wish mine had it. Sorry if I offended you man, it just seems like a lot of money.

If anything,it makes me feel good about what I have in the safe. To tell you the truth, I thought it was just some guy selling it.

You are probably right about the bitching,it doesn't make people want to advertise if we jump everybodys shit all the time.

It looks a lot to me like a Tromix knock off. Wonder if they have the warranty and experience Tony does to warrant a price hundreds higher.

Tonys gun

Limbsaver2-800L.jpg

Rising Sun gun

pix1632078875.jpg

Right down to the slotted handguards.

ummmmm....are you drunk?

I started getting into guns around 2002, but as far as I can remember, it wasn't really that bad. Shit, I got a norinco MAK90 sporter back then for $400, now it seems like you've got to drop atleast $450 on a yugo these days. The only thing that really affected me with the 1994 AWB was buying magazine for my pistol, $120 for a factory glock 23 13 round mag was ridiculous. But other than that, it was just symbolic, as far as I could tell. I could be wrong and or naive, I don't know.

MAK 90's use to be $160 for MILLED in '93. $450 for a Yugo isn't bad when you compare them to a MAK90 or especially that ROMAK crap. Yugo's will jump soon too. Last show I went to had one for $650 and $750 for fixed stock. Another guy had one for $449 at the same show. Yugo's are at the top of the heap and shoot great. I got in late on Saiga's because of the ROMAK crap scared me and though something "better" might come along in 12ga so I waited. I'm really wish I would have bought an s12 when they were $199 !!!!!!!! I couldn't find hi cap mags then so I balked.

It's then same thought process I had for the $60 new SKS's "at that price it MUST be junk". "Oh, they're $300 now!?!?!? :cryss:

if thats what hes got to charge, then thats what he has to charge.

I did NOT notice the front sight! NICE. well, it was nice work until I saw that.

statement retracted.

to add - the last trip to AZ I made, I checked out one of their customized guns in a local gun shop. I have seen their workmanship first-hand. almost 2 grand is a lot for any gun, and people have to make what they have to make. Others will pay that.

either way, putting my foot in my mouth, now. cannot believe that sight.

has anyone noticed yet that the "Rising sun" gun has its front sight welded on backwards ????

1.9K for sure ^_^

LOL, have you see a HK front sight on close, as for what I have seen if you cut the

sight to be install on a gas block, and you get the right angle to install it

no matters at all if you put it like they did, On a rifle you may need to find the angle

to make it in line with the height of the rear sight to give elevation, but on a shotgun

how far you think you going to shoot with it, the best is use the HK sight as a ghost sight

on the shotgun. I see a lot of people have a lots of opinions but they don't built

stuff. They dont know how hard is to fill the holes on the receiver with a Tig welder

and not fubar it or just do a new finish on a gun and I dont mean can

of crap paint that will come off the first time you clean the gun with hoppes number 9.

If a guy want to put that price on his work, well if the price he chooses for what he did

and if any one want to buy it well is no ones business but the seller and the buyer, make fun

of prices when one can even do a simple conversion is ironic, forget of a full finish gun.

Just my opinion from a guy that cant even type right, LOL.

Hey B I may get a new jig to port the barrel in 12G soon, just let you know Bro

but man is pricey. Damn there goes another small fortune in tooling.

Edited by vjor

The real test is being conducted now! If it sells that says his price was not to high, once.

If he can sell a lot at that price, well he may figured out something before everyone else.

I say his price is way to high and he is delusional about the desirability of his work.

The real test is being conducted now! If it sells that says his price was not to high, once.

If he can sell a lot at that price, well he may figured out something before everyone else.

I say his price is way to high and he is delusional about the desirability of his work.

Yea brother he may delusional abut prices, but I have seen saiga12G with out

conversion just the Russian pistol grip folder go for 1200.00 a got sold LOL that

is crazy but is always some one out there that want something really bad

and don't care to pay for the stuff.

Yea brother he may delusional abut prices, but I have seen saiga12G with out conversion just the Russian pistol grip folder go for 1200.00 a got sold LOL....

Well you may be right! If he sells for this, I think I will go post my unconverted S12 with a full conversion kit for say, $1400. If it sells I will then call Tromix about buying one of his pre-converted guns. :D

Edited by Azrial
:lol: :lol: What a dick! My Tromix blows that thing away! I don't like the finish.

Hey! spend $1900.00 and get a free $40 mag!.....how can you lose?!

I can' wait to see if some fool buys it

I agree this dick's price is way too high. Will some fool buy it or will he lower his price? The free magazine makes it a bargain? I understand that converted Saigas cost more but this is dick went too far.

Edited by uzitiger

These prices are insane and I can't beleive how much converted saiga's are going for, even the "non ripoffs". But you know what, I don't really care. I'm glad I got on the Saiga boat back in 2004, because these guns weren't selling for crap back then. So it makes me feel pretty darn good that I paid a little over the cost of a WASR for my saiga :dollar:

I think long and hard before I spend more than $1,500 for a long gun. As you all know, when you get into the price range over $1,500.00, there are thousands of really good choices. If I were to spend that much on a Saiga conversion, there are very few people I would buy from, and that select group would not include someone who puts the sight on backwards!

If the market will carry what he is asking, more power to him. Remember what P.T. Barnum said.

WJ

You guys are right on prices, stuff goes out hand all the time, prices go up and well people pay

for it, man times had change a lot, some times I go to gun shows and see Saigas going for 500

and over unconverted.

And yes like PT barnum says, and yes is one born every minute. But hey just think

that you have the enough knowledge not to pay that much for a gun and that this

country is free and if some one pay for that gun what the man is asking well good for him

and good for the buyer. Each its own.