http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tnuWf0xP20

Removable 'cylinder' type revolving magazine.

I love when he says "Shotgun of the 21st Century" and "You know box mags, they just don't work!" . . . What a tool.

Ha. yeah, I thought that line was pretty corny. Just keep in mind these guys are in a booth at a show pushing a product with a camera in their face; You have to expect them to talk up their product.

You ever watch future weapons? Good products, innovative ideas and solutions are presented by a former Navy Seal (presumedly knowledgable about what he's talking about). Though, from how they are presented on the television, you'd think they were pushing used cars. If you've no idea what I'm talking about enter 'AA 12 future weapon', and you'll be hearing so much BS, that you could fit half the people interviewed in a matchbox if you gave them an enima. I like what they present in the show, I'm just not a huge fan of how they present it.

Gotta get past the fetish of presentation and examine the product itself as best you can.

I liked the idea of the removable revolving tube cylinder. Similar to one of the many ideas I had ages ago that I now see someone else had also and was able to market.

I liked this shotgun 'as a tool' for breaching doors, ect. I thought it was a wee bit pidgeonholed as an entry/breaching device though. only 4 shots before you have to 'think with your hands' and manually rotate the cylinder, which would be a liability that might get me killed as a home defense/combat tool.

Impossible to see from the video how much it weighs, the balance of the item, ect.

Still, I thought it was a good watch. Fresh ideas on the market.

Any idea if they will sell it to us mere mortals?

I don't know how that would work, if it was classified as each tube being a separate magazine then it could even be NY legal and could possibly be plugged to two shells per tube for waterfowl..... That would be cool.

I could see hunting with something like this, change from one load to another by rotating the drum. I can see this as a useful feature in the field.

Edited by csspecs

Seems like you'd have to keep track of every round fired and then either work the bolt after each tube was emptied, or there's a LRBHO that would be workable without too much effort. Better yet why not just fire from open bolt design.

The guy on Future Weapons is an idiot.

If I have to hear him say "accurate AND reliable" One more time when referring to the m16 line of rifles, I'm going to slit my wrists.

Click the link to the Barrett M468 (6.8 cal M4 basically) . . . at least they give the AK props and say that it's more powerful than the M4/M16.... and here I thought those were the HOLY TRINITY of firearms, Accurate, Reliable, Powerful....

Then he goes on to bullshit about how we need a round that will "KNOCK THE ENEMY RIGHT TO THE GROUND" . . . . HELLO!? NO fucking bullet given to normal troops will KNOCK an enemy to the ground. The bullet doesn't magically gain force as it flies through the air....

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The same force the bullet pushes on you when you fire, is the force that will push on anything at the Muzzle... it only decreases after that...

The 6.8 will knock 'em down.... fuck that... moron.

• Like 1

I think future weapons would be much more fun to watch if the guy just had fun with the stuff instead of trying to impress us with it. Instead of "this is the most powerful assault rifle in the world" crap, just something like "Man and this thing is a hoot to shoot!" get the idea? I hate shows that are straight faced the entire time, go for the mythbusters approach and have fun.

I might add that open bolt has a number of draw backs, like crap getting in the barrel. Only thing open bolt is really good for is barrel cooling, and in the case of MGs it keeps you from having rounds cook off after a long burst.

Edited by csspecs
  • Like 2

Getting back to the shotty :lol: lets face it. The guy was a salesmen. You cant go by what salesmen say, hopfully some time soon sombody will be able to post some REAL facts and figures on that thing!!!

Edited by Bean.223
The guy on Future Weapons is an idiot.

If I have to hear him say "accurate AND reliable" One more time when referring to the m16 line of rifles, I'm going to slit my wrists.

Click the link to the Barrett M468 (6.8 cal M4 basically) . . . at least they give the AK props and say that it's more powerful than the M4/M16.... and here I thought those were the HOLY TRINITY of firearms, Accurate, Reliable, Powerful....

Then he goes on to bullshit about how we need a round that will "KNOCK THE ENEMY RIGHT TO THE GROUND" . . . . HELLO!? NO fucking bullet given to normal troops will KNOCK an enemy to the ground. The bullet doesn't magically gain force as it flies through the air....

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The same force the bullet pushes on you when you fire, is the force that will push on anything at the Muzzle... it only decreases after that...

The 6.8 will knock 'em down.... fuck that... moron.

Mine knocks the hell out of coyotes...I'm pretty happy with the 6.8

It may "Knock the hell out of coyotes" but it doesn't have the force to KNOCK A PERSON OVER. Unless it knocks the person firing it over, it won't knock an equally sized person on the other end over.

Simple Physics...

The point is, the guy is full of hot air and bullshit "facts" that all the Mallninjas will turn around and spew out as truth on Arfcom.

lol, the guy on future weapons just reads a script, i for one, am envious of his job, he gets paid to play with weapons and read some lines. Anyways, the shotgun is alright, except why the fuck would i want to revolve the cylinder myself? get a S12 with MD's drum :)

• 2 years later...

I looked up the SRM earlier today and, according to the '08 press releases, retails for $1800... Sounds like you would get more for your dollar getting 1 or 2 S12's and spending the $$$ to debug them, if at all (I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my S12 cycled El Cheapo Wally-World fodder from the get go--of course, it helps if you have it on the right setting :rolleyes: ). On top of that, I haven't seen any info regarding the real world reliability of the piece. I guess we shall see...

Interesting concept, but it has weaknesses in being that removable and having

that many degrees of freedom.

I can knock someone over with any gun; just shoot them in the head, and they fall

over, boom. It probably has something more to do with the fact that they can't stand

up anymore than kinetic energy transfer though.

Wow, that guys an ass, and so is the future weapons guy..

But I'll give props for the idea.. maybe if it was more then 4 shots a tube and self rotating I'd be more into it.. Still would prefer my s-12 but it's cool to see different designs

• 4 weeks later...

It may "Knock the hell out of coyotes" but it doesn't have the force to KNOCK A PERSON OVER. Unless it knocks the person firing it over, it won't knock an equally sized person on the other end over.

Simple Physics...

The point is, the guy is full of hot air and bullshit "facts" that all the Mallninjas will turn around and spew out as truth on Arfcom.

Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf AR round

Now tell me this won't knock a man to the ground instantly :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrUARlmqso

Although he does speak pretty corny, you gotta admit, this if fuckin ridiculously awsome! Alexander Arms found a way to fit an .50 round into a lightweight AR... :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKbJms422M

And I DO mean the man on the receiving end.........

Edited by JJ the GUN MAN
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting idea but I think there are better ways to do it. I think Keltecs pump action bull pup is more viable then this design. Maybe I'm spoiled but 4 4round tubes you have to manually rotate?! LAME!!!!! for $1800 that tube ought to rotate it's self and make me coffee. I get leery any time any one starts talking about swapping ammo. What about the round in the chamber? how do I know what's in the tube? I didn't see and way to look at what is there, I could see some one loosing track real quick and start firing off the wrong ammo. Cool but not practical. I take my gun with a long tube "you need a crane to lift" or my S-12 over that thing

Interesting idea but I think there are better ways to do it. I think Keltecs pump action bull pup is more viable then this design. Maybe I'm spoiled but 4 4round tubes you have to manually rotate?! LAME!!!!! for $1800 that tube ought to rotate it's self and make me coffee. I get leery any time any one starts talking about swapping ammo. What about the round in the chamber? how do I know what's in the tube? I didn't see and way to look at what is there, I could see some one loosing track real quick and start firing off the wrong ammo. Cool but not practical. I take my gun with a long tube "you need a crane to lift" or my S-12 over that thing

I am confused...why would you want an 8-round pump action shotgun where you have to manually select the magazine tube that is feeding the weapon (KelTec KSG) vs. a 16-round semi-automatic shotgun that provides you 4 new rounds faster than you can manually rack the Keltec one time (SRM 1216). I have shot the 1216 and I pulled off all 16 rounds in the gun in less than 10 seconds. The manual rotation of the magazine is instinctual, smooth, and automatically loads the shell from the next tube when the magazine is rotated. Back to the KelTec, has anyone seen the recoil on that weapon...it is ridiculous with standard shells, much less the magnum shells. The 1216 has recoil reducing components that reduce the felt recoil through the bolt action instead of transferring it into your shoulder.

I think the long-tube crowd will be significantly taken back and pleased with the performance of the 1216. I also heard from my contact that hooked me up with the 1216 test fire, that SRM Arms is in production and will start taking reservations for the 1216, by the end of March 2011. He said anyone interested should look to the www.srmarms.com site in the next few weeks for more details.

I am confused...why would you want an 8-round pump action shotgun where you have to manually select the magazine tube that is feeding the weapon (KelTec KSG) vs. a 16-round semi-automatic shotgun that provides you 4 new rounds faster than you can manually rack the Keltec one time (SRM 1216). I have shot the 1216 and I pulled off all 16 rounds in the gun in less than 10 seconds. The manual rotation of the magazine is instinctual, smooth, and automatically loads the shell from the next tube when the magazine is rotated. Back to the KelTec, has anyone seen the recoil on that weapon...it is ridiculous with standard shells, much less the magnum shells. The 1216 has recoil reducing components that reduce the felt recoil through the bolt action instead of transferring it into your shoulder.

I think the long-tube crowd will be significantly taken back and pleased with the performance of the 1216. I also heard from my contact that hooked me up with the 1216 test fire, that SRM Arms is in production and will start taking reservations for the 1216, by the end of March 2011. He said anyone interested should look to the www.srmarms.com site in the next few weeks for more details.

Whats the price difference?

Whats that 1216 weigh with a full load?

How are you able to tell what round you have in the chamber, or what tube you are feeding from?

Can it be rotated mid mag?

Do you have a video of what you claimed?

• 2 weeks later...

How are you able to tell what round you have in the chamber, or what tube you are feeding from?

I appreciate your request for more information. I do not have a video of myself shooting the 1216, but I did find one that was shot during the final step of weapons development. I have attached it below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxPxBr2QrtE&feature=related

Also here is the spec chart off some documentation that I have seen.

http://www.srmarms.com/documents/SRM_1216.pdf

As per your other questions:

Price has not been formally announced

Yes, you can tell what tube you are feeding from very easily and can mark the tubes specifically, if necessary

To rotate it mid-mag you would have to eject the shell that was automatically loaded into the chamber after the last round was fired. When the magazine is rotated it automatically loads the next tube of shells.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can continue to get additional details from my buddy who works closely with the manufacturer.

Thanks!

Simple Physics...

Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf AR round

Now tell me this won't knock a man to the ground instantly :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrUARlmqso

Although he does speak pretty corny, you gotta admit, this if fuckin ridiculously awsome! Alexander Arms found a way to fit an .50 round into a lightweight AR... :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKbJms422M

And I DO mean the man on the receiving end.........

I have two Beowulf .50s and they are the only reason I own an AR. It's like being able to put a shotgun slug 150 to 200 yards downrange accurately.

• 5 weeks later...

I appreciate your request for more information. I do not have a video of myself shooting the 1216, but I did find one that was shot during the final step of weapons development. I have attached it below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxPxBr2QrtE&feature=related

Also here is the spec chart off some documentation that I have seen.

http://www.srmarms.com/documents/SRM_1216.pdf

As per your other questions:

Price has not been formally announced

Yes, you can tell what tube you are feeding from very easily and can mark the tubes specifically, if necessary

To rotate it mid-mag you would have to eject the shell that was automatically loaded into the chamber after the last round was fired. When the magazine is rotated it automatically loads the next tube of shells.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can continue to get additional details from my buddy who works closely with the manufacturer.

Thanks!

Video looks good to me. When, where, and how much can I get this for?

I went to the site curious of the price before I saw where 1800 was posted, and it is not anywhere near 1800 anymore. Upwards of 2400 bucks for it. As a novelty from an unestablished company makes me apprehensive about even considering a pre-order. Good luck to anyone who does and I look forward to some reviews from unbiased parties to say how their performance is.

• 2 months later...

We will be getting one to test & review at AtlanticFirearms.com , I will say we think it is a very interesting design but are skeptical of the price point to say the least, But rest assured we will be putting it through the paces while reserving our final say on the gun till we are done with her ... :killer: