New Saiga-12 SWAT

A message & a picture from another thread by one of our great friends!!!

There will be next generation of LEO Saiga12k (called Saiga 12SWAT) soon

it's known features

- reciever cover fixed at front and opens up

- muzzle on gas tube

- weaver base on top of reciever cover and next to foreend directly under the muzzle (foreend is AK-10x type)

- push button safety

- magazine well (not shown - picture below is mkI)

- automatic and manual bolt catch

- new IZHMASH designed pistolgrip

- flash suppressor on cylinder bore barrel (although it makes overall length a bit long)

- butt stock with rubber pad

- swivel rings positioned more reasonable

cons:

- I heard the rumor that due to new bolt catch system mags for new Saiga will be incompatible with old ones. They made mag spring a bit longer and upper plate a bit higher if you looking at empty magazine.

All I wanna ask: "Where do I send the :dollar::dollar::dollar: to get one of these!?!?! :super:

S_12SWAT.jpg

It is confirmed with my fellow IZHMASH gun's expert that 8rd magazine will have the same shape (?) and same spring, but higher follower to allow bolt autocatcher functioning properly. It's unclear will magazine become 7rd this way or it will be expanded in length a bit to accept 8th shell.

I'll keep you guys posted if I'll have an opportunity to do so.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

iT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME!

:rolleyes: About 12 years ago I called around to all the major gunsmiths in our country that would attempt anything with the Ak back then and asked one question only. " will you convert my MAK-90 to fire 12ga. ammo?" I had a old 870 12ga. 3" bbl. and a dream. I also had a guy who would make a 7-10 shot mag for me cheap-$10-$25 and a 25-30 shot drum for me for about $40-$50. :wub:

Not one of those gunsmiths would budge on it. My dream stayed a dream, untill........Saiga made it come true.

Now I have seen my dreams fullfilled and shot it too! :haha:

:dollar::dollar::dollar::zorro:

THATS WITH FOUR 8RD. MAGS OF COURSE.

PS. I remember When the Saiga-12 was first importated and it went for $600. Now they go for about $350. But I don't care on this Saiga-12swat though. It will be banned about a year after import and I will have one by then. :angel:

Wicked96ss don't you even know what we are talking about? We are talking about owning a Saiga-12 SWAT after the Brady Bill sunsets September 2004, it's only a ten year Law.

Get with it an read most of the threads before you reply with a lame statement.

Do you even think it would make it into the US?  I thought the pistol grip and the detachable magazine was a no-no together...it...

wicked96ss lame statement.

Hmmm... now it becomes clear why this forum is dead... because of A-Holes like you...

Why don't you re-read the thread, dumbass...

Wicked96ss, did your mother teach you that langauge while she was changing your dippers? :wub:

Don't be so polite, it makes you sound like you might actauly come up from air once-in-awile from that pound you live in. :donatello:

Good night and sweet dreams! Oh' yeah enjoy your day tommorw sweetie!! :haha:

• 4 months later...
Its so over priced though.  You can go to CDNN and get a 19" Saiga for $270, pick up the right parts for about $100, and convert it yourself with a little elbow grease and effort and end up saving so much money, thats what I did.

i already have the gun....where can i find these parts you speak of??

• 2 months later...

Update on long lasting Saiga 12-30 LEO Only (a.k.a. Saiga SWAT or Saiga-30) project

expected mass production - around end of 2004

auto bolt locking confirmed, polyamide (not reinforced) magwell confirmed, still old safety (?), new style of mag (never seen it - before they just use slightly modified ordidary 8-rounders), no gas port regulator

Local IPSC staff have tried some experimental issue of this gun on several competitions and now it's still on pre-production overpatching

As I mentioned before some guys tries to sell it at $1200 now considering themselves as "proud benefactors". IMO They can go f#$k yourselves and go back into the anus gave birth to them. Expected price is about $450-550 here. How much will be real price nobody knows.

best regards to US and other country's LE guys here - it seems like stuff for them only - hope they will be able to get this gun if they want before (please choose appropriate):

- someone will invent plasma/gauss rifles

- THEY take over the Earth (something tells me that it's already happened - be aware of it)

- doomsday

- whatever

post-2-1092705303.jpg

Edited by ZakherBakher
  • 1 month later...

im new to the forum and saigas as well. ive been looking around in the forums and on other sites and there seems to be a debate to whether importing the saiga-12 swat will be legal even now that the awb has expired. can the swat model be imported as is without modification? i'd really like this to be my first saiga. thanks in advance guys.

Daddy Bush's 1989 imported mil-type weapon ban won't allow that. Conversion with no more than 10 imported parts is the only route. . .unless someone imports it with no more than 10 foreign parts and puts on US parts here. But, thn you are almost back to where you started, except that I would like the AK-style forend, hinged picatinny receiver cover, standard AK sights and equipment rail under thee gas block.

so is it possible to buy a new front gas block that goes on a regular ak and put it on a saiga 12 so that you could put regular ak handguards on it? also, does anyone sell reciever covers with a rail on them? if this gun cant be imported then im definetly going to try and replicate it.

can the swat model be imported as is without modification? 

Since the sunset of the AWB I have seen several dealers offering Saiga-12Cs for sale....

If the 1989 ban makes the importation of those shotguns illegal how did those get imported......?

They CAN be imported for MIL/LEO.... just not for specific sales to civilians like ourselves...

• 2 months later...

the top cover that pivots from the front is the same used on the Krinkov. What would the benefit be? A more secure mount so the scope stays zeroed?

aside from the picitanny rail on the bottom of the gas tube, i don't see much difference than what we're building now.

I do like the mag well thing from an asthetic viewpoint. if someone could set up a run on a CNC and have it bolt/rivet on, they'd sell nicely. unfortunatly, i don't think the demand would be there for such an expensive project. :(

caspian

The mags not being compatible concerns me my question would be will my current issue mags work in the Saiga Swat? I underdsand that they will not actuate the bolt hold open divice. But will old mags still feed ammo correctly. Also will older mags still be made. And of coures can we retrofit our weapons with the new parts? I tell you what if they put those features on sporting guns all the other gun companies better take notice because here comes a tough competitor.

The SWAT model was recently tested by the French police. It is exactly the same as the original SWAT, but I noticed that the butt (plain grey plastic) folds against the left side and (seems likely to interact somewhat with the shooter's left arm).

No info about the conclusions of the test.

I wonder if by working out a mold, one could'nt produce a carbon mesh reinforced mag well ?