Some of the Adjustments being made

I wanted to show some of the adjustments that have been done and that are being done to the molds.

Remember, you can click the pic to make it bigger. After it enlarges click it again to make it bigger again.

First is the cover. There is a slight texture on the outer surface of the cover to reduce glare. The original texture was too rough for my liking. I had the texture polished out and redone much lighter. It lets you see through the cover much easier. The cover on the left is what all the testers received. The cover on the right is what the production drums will be like. Please note the USA has not been reversed yet so it still shows through as backwards. This will be done before production drums are run.

post-2662-1205805197_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1205805211_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1205805231_thumb.jpg

The surface of the top gear that is viewable through the cover has had a rougher texture added to reduce glare. This will hopefully make the brass of the shells stand out even better. The picture was taken with a flash. The part on the left is what is on the testers before the rougher texture was added, the part on the right is after. Notice the difference?

post-2662-1205805603_thumb.jpg

The next part is the bottom gear (Please note the 2 gear pieces are sonic welded together and are only one piece in the drum). I wasn't happy with the drop test performance of an area on the bottom gear. The part on the left is what is on the testers. The part on the right shows how the area has been greatly strengthened. The diameter of the ring is half again as think, plus the ribs have been added to support the ring even further.

post-2662-1205806299_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1206663186_thumb.jpg

On the drum body itself. The width of the ribs on the diameter is being increased. Originally they was too narrow vs. their height. By increasing the width it will make the ribs more durable and better to distribute impact. (in turn it will make the entire drum stronger) The 2 pics show the old rib on the left and the new rib in the middle (don't mind the rib on the right or that the teeth don't show in the drawing).

post-2662-1205807866_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1205807879_thumb.jpg

Also notice the space between the first circular rib on the front of the drum to the edge has been filled. This will add a solid band of material on the front edge similar to the band (with teeth) on the rear edge. Compare these two pics to the 2 pics above.

post-2662-1205809082_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1205809096_thumb.jpg

I also made an adjustment to the scoop that makes the drum easily loadable all the way full using the finger method that you probably use to load your stick mags. Only my drum testers will be able to vouch for the difference made with the adjustment on loading, but trust it is a CRAZY difference. Everyone I have shown in person the difference using a modded test drum compared to a control test drum can not believe the difference!!! It is an amazing difference!

These are just some of the things that have been done and that are being done. There are many other minor adjustments and improvments being done as we speak. It shouldn't be long before the rest of the adjustments are complete. When they are I will receive a few more testers to try out. I am 99.9% certain that they will be good to go then and that I will be able to start the production run.

I really hate to make another prediction when shipping will begin because I have so many times and it has never been accurate! I do feel that I could possibly start shipping in 4 weeks though. I hope, I hope, I hope!!!

Wow,

Mike I have to say I can't remember a product that was so well tested, and ..made better instead of cutting corners to make it faster cheaper better.. I CAN wait to get mine and will order another, I don't mind the wait or the price difference.

10 round mags will have to make do for now great pics, and it is pretty neat you have involved this forum to help test and improve!!!

KUDOS!!

-GG

are you going to blow up the snow man,.. or is he our friend?

Edited by Gas Giant

The snowman in my avatar was made just after Thanksgiving (I think). I was planning to shot him up after he got a little ugly but one morning he was just gone, just like that!!! :eek: We had a warm rain through the night. :lolol:

We had a a few good snow storms just after I got the test drums but I was too busy shooting to make another one. (It takes a while to make a good snowman). Hell we had freak 15 inches of snow 9 days ago but it was gone in just a couple days. I doubt we will have anymore this year. But next year I will not be under the gun so heavily and make sure to film an army of snowman being mowed down, tantinite and all!!! :super::super::super:

Abso-friggin-lutely unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There has NEVER been a product like this that has been tested and remedied like this one. This thing has been put through the ringer and put through the ringer again by everybody and their brother. When you get your drum you can go to war or competiton with it. It is ready, the only question that remains is ARE YOU. Great job Mike!!! :super::super::super::super::super::super:

The snowman in my avatar was made just after Thanksgiving (I think). I was planning to shot him up after he got a little ugly but one morning he was just gone, just like that!!! :eek: We had a warm rain through the night. :lolol:

We had a a few good snow storms just after I got the test drums but I was too busy shooting to make another one. (It takes a while to make a good snowman). Hell we had freak 15 inches of snow 9 days ago but it was gone in just a couple days. I doubt we will have anymore this year. But next year I will not be under the gun so heavily and make sure to film an army of snowman being mowed down, tantinite and all!!! :super::super::super:

I warned you guys about frosty! Hes a tricky bastard. Obviously he knew what Mike was up to, and frosty, knowing full well that the 12 gauge means problems for him, must have caught wind of the drum and vanished. Dont kid yourself, the rain was just a cover!

As somebody that's on a few gun accessory waiting lists and has purchased "new" items after a wait I must say I'm VERY impressed with the way Mike is doing things!!! Communication is the key to doing these things right and for Mike to "include" us in the process is fan-f-ing-tastic!!! I know it doesn't eliminate the 1000's of emails for him (because some people can't read posts to a board like this :rolleyes: ) BUT for the masses this let's us know that our money, faith and patience is well placed!!! Great update and improvements :smoke:

I only bought 2, Now I wish I bought 4. Guess I'll have to pony up the full price when the cash flow increases this summer. Congrats on an incredible job. Can't wait for the LRBHO, the mag well, the new mags, and whatever else your evil little mind can come up with. Maybe a new halo rail since I can't find one of those.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!

Gees Mike, are you looking to drive trucks over it? The original was very stout. As far as making it easier to load, that's the cats ass move....everything else is just a bonus :wub:

I haven't tested one yet but I would bet money you could drive a truck over one of the testers right now, I am hoping after the improvments that you can drive a semi over one. It may be a while but I will definately be putting it to both those tests! :super:

Ok, Ok I'll drive over from Columbus, and we can build a snowman and then blow the Cr@p out of it, or you can come over to my place! Thanks for the process it feels good to be a part of the process.

Gees Mike, are you looking to drive trucks over it? The original was very stout. As far as making it easier to load, that's the cats ass move....everything else is just a bonus :wub:

I haven't tested one yet but I would bet money you could drive a truck over one of the testers right now, I am hoping after the improvments that you can drive a semi over one. It may be a while but I will definately be putting it to both those tests! :super:

I also made an adjustment to the scoop that makes the drum easily loadable all the way full using the finger method that you probably use to load your stick mags. Only my drum testers will be able to vouch for the difference made with the adjustment on loading, but trust it is a CRAZY difference. Everyone I have shown in person the difference using a modded test drum compared to a control test drum can not believe the difference!!! It is an amazing difference!

These are just some of the things that have been done and that are being done. There are many other minor adjustments and improvments being done as we speak. It shouldn't be long before the rest of the adjustments are complete. When they are I will receive a few more testers to try out. I am 99.9% certain that they will be good to go then and that I will be able to start the production run.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was concerned about the tough loading, but not anymore.

I'd be more than willing to *ahem* test it. :smoke:

Is that a button in the middle of the for spring tension release? If not, how long would be too long to leave one of these things loaded up? I'm sure this is an issue that has been thought of and addressed, just curious.

From what I have read of springs it is not the fact of being compressed or not that wears them out. It is the action of compressing them repeatedly. I know of magazines found in an attic from WWII for a 1911 that were taken to the range and fired. Springs and ammo still good. This spring may be different but I don't see why it would be. My evidence is empirical but I am sure someone will come along with a scientific explanation.

Mike, thanks for the time and consideration you are taking into putting

out a great product. Especially the loading problem the testers were

having. That should help us handi-capped people out. Now think people,

if Mr. Rumore is giving positive test results, then the product should be more

than exemptual. Just my 2 Cents.

Mike, I don't post here very often but I have followed your progress closely and have purchased two drums. I can tell as I'm sure everyone else that has been following this is that quality is priority one with you. Thats something thats rare these days when most try and market products as fast and as cheap as possible. Even now with a good product your making changes to make it even better and for that we're all grateful. After reading this post and seeing even more improvements, I'm going to buy 2 more drums just because I have total faith that these drums are gonna be top notch with every single angle covered.

Thanks for such a great product and I'm patiently waiting. I know it'll be well worth every penny and the wait.

Nighthawk

Don't post much, but I have NO doubt that this will be a top notch ready to roll product when I receive it. It will be deserving of the Tromix 8 inch it'll be used with.

The only downside: I wish I had ordered a second one at the early price.

Keep up the great work!

We've 3-6" coming Friday your wecome to come up here and make the video. I'll buy the beer and have some of the evil sneaky bastards made.

Boy do I wish I had ordered 2.

ETA I've got a truck and a semi available for testing. :rolleyes:

Edited by Racer 27

Mike, my question is what is going to happen to the completely undesireable test drums? :lolol:

Since nobody would ever want such a horribly flawed (cough, cough) version, I would graciously volunteer to dispose of them! And since I am such a great guy, solely concerned with not cluttering our nation's landfills, I would even be willing to pay for all shipping and disposal fees!

Mike, my question is what is going to happen to the completely undesireable test drums? :lolol:

Since nobody would ever want such a horribly flawed (cough, cough) version, I would graciously volunteer to dispose of them! And since I am such a great guy, solely concerned with not cluttering our nation's landfills, I would even be willing to pay for all shipping and disposal fees!

How about you send one to Arizona so the 15-20 guys that bought drums out here can test it for ya in the dry desert climate :rolleyes:

I received some of the revised bottom gear parts.

I wasn't happy with the drop test performance of an area on the bottom gear. The part on the left is what is on the testers. The part on the right shows how the area has been greatly strengthened. The diameter of the ring is half again as think, plus the ribs have been added to support the ring even further.

post-2662-1206706648_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1206663373_thumb.jpg