What to add next to the "collection"?

Hey Guys,

im new to the forum and i am obsessed with the Saiga 12 and am right on the ropes of getting one. But before I do i was wondering if there my be a better "next toy" for me? Currently i have a WASR AK47 to plink with, and a nice S&W 9mm pistol.

I am somewhat worried about what our gun rights future may look like so thats why im thinking about getting the mean and nasty Saiga 12. However, is there something else i should look at first to compliment my current line up? Like an AR15, MP5, or an other shotgun like a Mossy? All would be civilian versions, unfortunately.

How should i go about gathering a larger arsenal? what would be your next piece? Give me your been there done that advice!

You cant go wrong with AR striped lowers, it will cost anywhere from $95 - $150 depending on brand & build the rifle later. The Mossberg will be there so stick with assault weapons. if you can find S12 that would priority#1.

mossberg type guns will always be around, so scratch that, AR15's are ok if you like DI technology, and as far as an MP5 goes, get the real thing which will cost you more then a car, or get a QUALITY clone that actually uses the proper roller delayed blowback mech which is what the Mp5 is known for. SO, get whatever u can afford, but just think if your gun rights are really going to be infringed apon, what will be around and what won't be?

I have a semi-automatic Remington 1187 with an 18" barrel. Just wondering why I would need a Saiga 12?

Have you ever shot / held one?

The Saiga is one of the very few shotguns that is actually pupose-built for killing "non-winged critters". Most HD / "tactical" shotguns are nothing more than short bird guns with tacticool paint. It's the only shotgun out there that the company had to add a bunch of crap onto it to make it LESS appealing in order to sell it. The recoil on a Saiga is LIGHT, the sustained (multiple mags) rate of fire is rediculous, the ergonomics are awesome, reliability is better than any auto I've seen, and they are very unique (something I look for in a gun).

You don't have to baby it, protect the finish, use specific ammo, hell, you don't even have to clean the bitch. If a Benelli is a prom queen, the Saiga is a biker chick. (Totally stolen from Sonny)

You can customize them to your heart's content, your imagination and DIY abilities being the limit. Additionally, everyone I know who owns a Saiga built it up to be what it is, that is that Saiga users are not afraid to open her up and start messin' with her. That is not because of the target market being bubba gunsmiths, it's just because they are so simple and tough you really can't screw them up.

Go ahead and grab yourself a neutered (sporter) S-12 and a dremel and tear it up, you won't be disappointed.

And to answer your question about need, you don't. But it sure is fun to have. :super:

Had a 10/22 when I was 15..... and a mossberg pump when I was 18...

Then...years later, when the budged allowed...

my buddy turned me on to how easily I could get a PSL... that was the first of a long line of needs...

needed more coolness... got a bunch of saigas... needed all flavors...

I found I needed faster... got a .204 ruger... 4500 FPS... shoots groups the size of dimes...

needed something "tactical"/varminter... AR-15...

needed some military stuff... mosin nagants, Sks's, K-31's... .

needed bigger... bought .50 BMG...

needed more plinkers... more 10/22's

needed mid caliber to reach out there... bought savage .308...

( but not necessarily in that specific order, but ya get the idea...)

need another plinker, need cool factor, next on the list = GSG-5

:smoke:

40 watts?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!?

Dude... thats as DIM as a typical house lightbulb... 40 watts... not too much danger there... cpet ya MIGHT burn you widdle fingees when ya try to unscrew it... :angel:

40 MEGAWATTS maybe? :up:

Dude... thats as DIM as a typical house lightbulb... 40 watts... not too much danger there... cpet ya MIGHT burn you widdle fingees when ya try to unscrew it... :angel:

kitty_fail.jpg

Indy, see Terminator again please. :rolleyes:

Edited by shaneman153a

It's a movie quote from Terminator. BTW: You don't want to be near ANY plasma discharge....and as far as wattage, 40 watts of RF energy is easily lethal and at the very least will give you a NASTY through and through burn.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to get hit with a plasma discharge.

Don't forget the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?

I believe that is supposed to be the "phased plasma rifle in the 40 MW range" in the book, but have not looked lately. 40 watts is less then those dim light in the slum project houses. Personally unless it has several hundred megajoules of output I would not buy it, anything less will not penetrate bonded neutronium plate armour.

Edited by Saigaczech

I have a radio at work that I can set for 40 watts RF out. Care to grab the antenna? You'll lose the use of some of your fingers. BTW: I'm a EE specializing in high power military comms.

Edited by patriot

I'd get the Saiga-12 seeing as it is going to be one of the first to be banned, and is the best autoloading shotgun ever made. The mossys and the remmys suck ass in comparison. The adjustable gas system is a huge advantage, ignoring everything else the Saiga does better.

Get whatever you think is going to be banned first, and I say don't trust Century guns, even though it sounds like you already have one. I've bought 2, and I have 2 to sell.