Without fresh blood to ask questions about how to convert this or convert that or jack with this or jack with that I wonder what will happen to this site?

I certainly hope someone else picks up the ball and restarts importing saigas at reasonable cost. These things are nice little gems!

I'm sure the US compliance part selling people aren't so happy about this situation either.

:ded:

Edited by brian33x51

The way I see it ....

WHY WORRY ABOUT IT????

This site is the CLOSEST I have come to a "saiga chat" type place where I can go and "socialize" with those of similar interests, and ideas... It is someplace where I can speak my mind, and others can speak theirs.... The only thing that would make it better is an ONLINE real time type CHATroom, where the saiga lovers can get together, hang out, shoot the shit... and talk shop!

if no new saigas get imported... so be it... we got ours.. and we will continue to BE HERE!

we will make conversation... lord knows *I* will!!!

:)

( See??? I just made a whole shitload of conversation!)

i guess it could turn ito...what can you do to and with your saiga... i know when i first signed on this board was super active...but now almost all the questions ahve been asked and answered if no newcomers get saigas i will still come to ask questions and stuff about mine...and dont forget what 99% of us come here to ask...about laws so the convo will stay active i'm sure....everyone needs to stick around i know i will

It just means for right now if you find one, buy it. They prolly just want to jack the price up because someone figured out these things are an awesome gun for the money, and how much is say a Remington or benelli? So far since I caught the bug, I'm up to three: 12gauge, 20 gauge, and my most recent 7.62x39. :haha:

Have seen a few at the local gun shop so Im sure you can still find them around.

you better believe it! thats the norm of whats going to happen. im half tempted to sell some of my weapons and try to pick up as many saigas as I can at the upcoming gun show here. I dont expect to pick any up for the old price however.

now is a good time for the atf to move in to DD it, by the way. keep your eyes open guys.

HOWEVER! if they DONT DD it, and it isnt picked up by another importer, it will continue (at least SHOULD continue) to go up in price, with how the gun market works....

I just don't think they can go too much higher in price before they start losing to Century Arms and the like. Maybe 50-100 $. We know they are built better, but the guy looking at them side by side at a gun store wont, and when you look at mags and furniture options, they will probably break towards a standard AK if the prices are comparable.

I checked on an firearms import licence, $250 a year and some paperwork. If anyone is looking to start a buisness this may be a good time. Better take a few Russian language courses, too.

This is my take, the 7.62 will be just another AK-47 clone in the ocean of the same. The S-12, S20 and S.410 don't have any competitors and their prices will climb. The S.308 is in competition with Veepers and should aproach their prices (but not QUITE reach it). The .223 will do the same with gallil's, but Israeli weapons always sell at a premium, therefore the .223 will be popular as a basis for clones.

I just hope that Makc keeps funding our forum (THANKS MAKC!). Also I hope that an importer of -shall we say a 'higher calliber' steps up keep the SAIGA's flowing to support our addiction! Maybe they could even manage to provide "flavors" that EAA promised but could never seem to deliver! While we are conjuring up this new importer let's get one with a good line of 'paraphnalia' like high caps and raised sights-maybe even muzzle brakes!

Just my 2 cents worth!

G O B

I agree with you about the shottys, there is nothing like it anywhere. Even the description raises an eyebrow- "Its an AK47 chambered for shotgun shells." The Saiga shotguns are like gold among enthusiasts and novices. But the 7.62 will most likely fall in with the Norinco hunter. Pricey as a rarity in its stock configuration. But pretty much just forgotton. The .308 on the other hand, will be like trying to buy a Draganov or Krinkov. Rare like a public school virgin and as salty as they come. It will be the anti-vepr! Unfortunately I wasent able to get a 12 or .308 I love my 7.62 and more than anything, I hope we get a GOOD company to keep bringing them in because I love to see the modifications on these babies, and without Saigas on the shelf at under $300 everybody is going to be leary of hot rodding them. I will never sell mine, but would love to have available parts.

pistonring: you hit that right on the head. people ask me "what the hell is that" and i have to tell them ten times what it is, as noone believes me the first nine times when i tell them what it is.

What is going on with the Saiga situation? Did I miss something? Is everyone going to stop selling them or what? I want to pick up another S12, got one already as well as a 7.62x39, but money is tight right now. Something always happens at a bad time. What is the reason they are getting hard to find?

I emailed EAA when I first heard about this and they just now emailed me back.

you will need to see who shows up with the items, we have no contact

with the company any longer

>>>>>>01/10/05 7:12 PM >>>

>

>>  Due to a business decision on EAA's part, we will no longer carry

>> parts and accessories for Izhmash "Saiga".

Why? That hurts many of us Saiga owners. Where are we to get parts and

Saiga firearms from in the future then?

Thankyou

This is bull!! What the hell is going on, they won't even tell why! Maybe it is the Remington thing that is affecting them importing, but they said before that the Remington deal did not affect the Saiga line just the Baikal line. What a bunch of suck***es. So who is going to step up to the plate and continue Saiga imports, or did Remington steal that too?