Anybody use a recoil pad?

My Ace stock has a nice recoil pad on it! I was very impressed with it.

The truth is that YOU are the biggest limiting factor in how quickly you can recover and make the next accurate shot. A recoil pad helps most to do that quicker and that is why I have one.

Lots of folks argue whether you need one, almost no one takes them off once installed...

A recoil pad gives the gun some room to move which can sometimes be less comfortable. Try pulling the stock into your shoulder more firmly and see if the recoil is bothering you as much. Needless to say, I do a lot of shotgun shooting every year and if I don't have that stock cinched in really good I get sore really quick. I've found that those soft recoil pads tend to let things move around and it ends up making your shoulder more sore but less bruised.

Thanks gents :rolleyes:

My 5 yr old daughter has a pink floaty I can always use.........

I believe in NY the compensator/flash hider is illegal.........

In the future I'll prolly go with the ace stock....

But for now, I'll prolly just cinch that stock into my shoulder a bit tighter, so she don't move around as much :smoke:

Man up and embrace the energy being transferred to your body. If it gets to be too much, you can go out and shoot it more to build up a tolerance. Too many sissies using pussy pads to compensate for poor shooting practices these days. :devil:

I will wear that wussie label with pride then.

I an 8" shorty and I do not feel like more of a man with the bare stock.

I had a limbsaver pad put on the gun and I can shoot it all day and never feel it after.

I have a theory that those who feel the need to shoot a shotgun without a recoil pad are trying to compensate for something :devil:

Really though, I shoot this gun in competition and I can shoot hundreds of rounds without any pain or bruising, it makes it more fun to shoot for me and everybody who has tried it.

Just depends on what you are going to do with your gun but I don't think the Limbsaver people will be going out of business any time soon.

YMMV

There is no shame in using a buttpad on a gun, esp a shotgun. My AR is the only one I own without a pad. It has nothing to do with being a pussy, would you drive your car with a wooden seat? Sometimes it is about comfort.

I have the KVAR folding polymer stock with the compartment for the cleaning kit and the metal buttplate. And on top of that in my area i can only shoot slugs at the range so Winchester super x is pretty much all of my ammo. I had to shoot my gun after I me and my pops finished the folder trunion (that spring is a bit*h!) and folding stock installation since I was so happy it was closer to being finished. I didnt have a recoil pad at the time.

DVC00443Medium.jpg

I bought the grenade launcher pad and havent looked back since, but am now thinking that the Limbsaver might be worth trying, if I can somehow get it to work.

I got one of the slip on recoil pads for Ivan. I use it about half the time. It adds about an inch to you LOP but you can shoot all day long with out ANY discomfort. Its very comfortable. Put it on and take it off in seconds. Blackjack Buffers sells them for about $20.

post-4575-1229815607_thumb.jpg

Yeah, start using sandpaper to wipe your butt and remove the shocks and springs from your car as well!

That will prove what a "real man" that you are! :lol:

Edited by Azrial

Silicone implants in my body? LOL that'll be the day that hell freezes over and Satan and Jesus go out for a night on the town looking for loose woman and more Samuel Adams to get the taste of hooker spit outta their mouths.

Please forgive me Jesus.

But seriously, all jokes aside, the grenade launcher pad does a really great job of making even the most powerful shells much much more comfortable to shoot all day long.

If you need a maxi pad for recoil reduction, perhaps it's too much for you. Trade it off on a nice .22 or .410 if you must have a shotgun. :devil:

Go out and take the pain, it ain't gonna kill you.