Gun Violence Prevention model legislation

I was doing some surfing trying to find more info on current gun laws in my state and came across this. SPOOKY!

Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.cfpa.org/publications/agenda/20...ePrevention.pdf :unsure:

yeh well, thats not THAT bad of a paper. handgun laws make sense, as do some transfer laws. the AWB did NO good, and didnt prevent ANYTHING, so i dont know where they get thier information from on why they are such a big deal.

NOT EVERYONE THAT OWNS GUNS LIKES TO SIT STILL AT A DESK AND POKE HOLES IN PAPER EVERY FIVE SECONDS!

With Bush as the president, we should be okay!

Good thing Kerry wasn't elected, he wanted to get together with the United Nations and have the US private citizens automatic weapons taken away!

FYI: The 2nd amendment was the only reason why Japan never invaded the US in WWII - They knew that Grandma and Grandpa had weapons to defend themselves!

The first paragraph turned me off right there...:angry:

Most of the 20,000+ (or whatever figure was quoted?) people who are killed by firearms every year probably brought it on themselves.

Gang members shooting each other in drive-by's and drug turf hits are most of the statistics the Brady Bunch employ in their firearm mortality counts.

yeh well, thats not THAT bad of a paper. handgun laws make sense,

Bvamp, handgun restrictions only hurt honest gunowners. They are an "infringment", which is mentioned in one of those amendments to the Constitution. Give an inch they take a mile. Adolf Hitler got started by protecting people with handgun restrictions. No infringment on any our constitutional rights makes sense, allow it once and you can kiss your rights goodbye.

Criminals don't follow laws, thats why their criminals. I can own a frigging imported jet aircraft without a license but cannot own an imported semi-auto rifle because of where parts are made?

The Brady Law did NOTHING. The instant check program did more in one day than Brady did it its short life, without infringing on our rights. This is a bunch of lies and nothing more. Criminals will get guns no matter what laws...they steal them!

Think about this;

Is it really a "right" when you have to seek government approval and license to exercise it?

I think the 2nd amendment is a RIGHT, as the framers intended. Those that would deny it are the ENEMIES of freedom -period.

All other dialog on the matter that gives ammunition to the "controllers" is lies, sophistry and mental masturbation.

I EXERCISE MY RIGHT -BEWARE BEYOND.

Lollygagger :devil: (it's just that simple in the end)

Edited by lollygagger
IMHO: an instant check to see if you are legally able to own a firearm is no more a "burden" or "infringement" than requiring one to register to vote.

That being said, such inquiries should NOT be logged/kept/etc.

Ah ha!

Registration? "No more burden or infringement than..." -SHALL NOT be infringed means a little is O.K?

Gosh! You know you can cook that live frog A DEGREE AT A TIME!

The "devil is in the details" is it not?

Lollygagger :rolleyes:

NO where in that whole paper I read did it once mention anything about it being REAL...

Just the potential....

was that a text from a law school book? or???

looked like a bunch of malarky to me!

:smoke:

Consider this as well...

The stats REALLY DON'T MATTER anyway when it comes to RIGHTS.

That's why we have a REPUBLIC with specified rights for all citizens.

Those rights are NOT intended to be subject to polls & even the passing whims of voters (figures don't lie -but liars figure). Otherwise, they would have long been lost.

The REAL RISK to liberty is the cheesey understanding our youth has of our valued freedoms. You can lay this largely at the door of our supposed education system that turns independent inquiring minds into mindless sheep to serve as cogs in the social/economic machine of our increasingly bold self-appointed masters.

There is plenty of NOISE darting about in our nation -few patriots.

Lollygagger :chris:

P.S Somewhere along the line, a fella has to decide if he is a gunner, a FREE man, a patriot and defender of freedom...

Or, just a scared little guy taking care of a firearm untill the government decides different.

Just a wake up call, that's all. Never take your rights for granted. Do everything including writing your congessman to make sure those gungrabbing fuckers never get the power to do what they will never stop trying to do. Pray that the only new laws that get passed are ones that will somehow rid us of these street scum crackhead gangsta wannabes who ARE directly resonsible for driving the numbers up and scaring a million moms. We didn't have these kind of lowlife thugs running around when our forfathers wrote up the Constitution or it would have been different. Now they're the ones we need the second amendment to protect us from. It's past time to start cracking that whip again. Maybe a return to public hangings would put the fear back in them! :killer:

This stuff always makes me remember that when they say "children killed by handguns" they count 21 year old gang members  as children.

And then the mother.... of the 15 yr old shot to death....

"He was such a GOOD little BOY... he never did anything wrong, he would NEVER hurt anyone.... why has it happened to him????"

Well, if he was 15.... WHY was he on the street corner, in the WORST section of town, at 3 am on a wedensday night, associating with drug users/dealers, theives and murderers, getting killed in a BAD DRUG DEAL???

That was the scenario in Syracuse, only a couple months ago.....

These people don't research the numbers - THEY MAKE THEM UP !!!!

You can't debate with people that make it up as they go along. The only effective strategy is to point out their lies, and then whenever they try to argue with their bogus numbers say "since you have been proven as a liar before, please explain where you get your "facts" from , and who can verify their accuracy".( God that pisses them off!)

G O B