My Weaponlight Project

Oh, hell no! I wasn't trying to be insulting...

I didn't take it that way bro. I just know Tony's business model, and stuff like this ain't it.

Here's some beamshots. 50 feet:

HB1.jpg

90 feet:

HB2.jpg

This thing is really gonna light up those varmints.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I made a little more progress on my shorty. I was going to wait until it's painted, but I'll post that later.   Anyway, I wanted a bright spotlight, but I wanted a more "built-in" look. Here's

That gas plug mod is pretty cool.

No problem, Bob, cool is cool.   When Mike D and I were discussing getting the plugs mass-produced, there was some talk of a lever to assist in rotation. It just complicated the manufacture and woul

Posted Images

That looks like a good light for the price.

Sweet mod!

I'm curious to see how it holds up.

Thanks, me too. It should hold up pretty well considering the whole lamp assembly is just one semiconductor. If it doesn't, I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve.

Oh, hell no! I wasn't trying to be insulting...

I didn't take it that way bro.

I didn't think so, I just wanted to be clear. Anyway, even though it was addressed before I got there, be sure and let us know how it holds up to the recoil!

Edited by Raoul_Duke

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

That dude has some cool glasses. I bet he picks up all kinds of 'tang! :wub:

That dude is a personal friend of mine. Chicks think he's DREAMY.

One hell of a beam too, 50 to 90 feet.

I've just gotten the info from my friends at the Candlepower Forum for an upgrade to this light. 200 Lumens!

I'm going to try it this way first, but I do love a really, really bright light.

Well, shit . . . Let's all line up . ! . ! :haha2: Reminds me of Airplane . . .

And alright Bob, since this sort of thing ain't "Tony's business model," I'll raise you one (for mass production purposes) and go redneck with it . . . I'm gonna throw a 1"X4" piece of pine on the bottom of my HG and hook that shit up with a 2 D-cell Mag-Light . . . ;)

Well, shit . . . Let's all line up . ! . ! :haha2: Reminds me of Airplane . . .

And alright Bob, since this sort of thing ain't "Tony's business model," I'll raise you one (for mass production purposes) and go redneck with it . . . I'm gonna throw a 1"X4" piece of pine on the bottom of my HG and hook that shit up with a 2 D-cell Mag-Light . . . ;)

Gonzo would approve!!

• 1 month later...

Held the finished product in my hot little hands on Saturday night...............

Bob has put together a kick-ass system here !!!! Mount was accomplished in a manner that has to really be inspected from 2 inches away to even see how it's done !!! Flawless appearance !!

More than bright enough, too............ !!!

Really well done !!! Looks great, works great........ :smoke:

Edited by Jeaux E

Excellent idea...

Flawless (as far as I can tell) execution....

Fantastic looking little firearm!

I agree with other posters above - the BEST looking Saiga conversion I have ever seen.

Thank you for sharing your talent!

cheers

tire iron

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

The VFG is something that I view as a necessity on an 8" gun, not just an accessory.

I agree totally, though I've never shot one. I imagine they would be quite a handfull. I've just recently found out that Mossberg used to put a strap on the forends on some of their tactical models and am looking to do that mod to my 590. I tried one of the VFGs on it and it just didn't feel or look right to me. I realize that we are talking about an entirely different platform and use here, though. You have managed to integrate a very ingenious useful function into the VFG, and executed the idea very well. It looks professional and well thought out, streamlined like it was designed to be on the gun in the first place. When I get my S-12 done (full size), I may just find out that I will have to mount a pistol grip to it as well. Sometimes you have to take the lemon with the merang.

I agree totally, though I've never shot one. I imagine they would be quite a handfull.

They're honestly not that hard to control, but the muzzle is in dangerous proximity to your forward hand.

• 1 month later...