Gunman kill 3 Pittsburgh cops with AK47

Didn't have a job, but somehow could afford that supreme douche bag tattoo on his chest. The more these "lost his job and snapped" episodes happen, the more apparent I think this whole economic crisis is being done on purpose. Between these types of things, and phony outrage at every banker under the sun, the "journalists" will be busy all year if not longer.

Just wait, there is another shooting here tonight.

Scoutjoe, seriously....

Are you near Pittsburg? I've heard mixed things about the city, but mostly negative. I've never heard it referred to like Chicago or the like, but I've never heard it called Mayberry either. Since I have never been there and no one I know has, is it that bad? Or is it like most big Cities...gets a lot of publicity, mostly bad publicity?

Just for personal knowledge, thanks

Darin

Just wait, there is another shooting here tonight.

Scoutjoe, seriously....

Are you near Pittsburg? I've heard mixed things about the city, but mostly negative. I've never heard it referred to like Chicago or the like, but I've never heard it called Mayberry either. Since I have never been there and no one I know has, is it that bad? Or is it like most big Cities...gets a lot of publicity, mostly bad publicity?

Just for personal knowledge, thanks

Darin

I don't live in the city, I'm east by bout 100 miles or so. I really can't comment on how bad it is since well, its still kinda rural round here and I really don't have too many reasons to head over to Pittsburgh. I got some cousins north of the city and things are ok there but you'll have that anywhere.

I don't know if the local shooting here will make national news, depends on the gun more than anything.

Local news was doing a stint about how people around here are affected by the violence in bigger cities, then we go and have this happen tonight.

http://wearecentralpa.com/

Do the recent shootings in Pittsburgh and Binghamton have you any more concerned about safety in your area?

Yes (526, 58.4%)

No (375, 41.6%)

Edited by scoutjoe

Thanks for the info. In another post, I made a derogatory remark about Pittsburg, even though I have never been there. Made me feel like shit, and I finally saw through the eyes of these ignorant F@%KS that make comments about CA even though they have never been there and in fact live in a state that by comparison is more restrictive/violent/liberal/etc.

Guess walking around with your head in your ass and making blind ass comments is great for some people, just not me.

Thanks again,

Darin

Thanks for the info. In another post, I made a derogatory remark about Pittsburg, even though I have never been there. Made me feel like shit, and I finally saw through the eyes of these ignorant F@%KS that make comments about CA even though they have never been there and in fact live in a state that by comparison is more restrictive/violent/liberal/etc.

Guess walking around with your head in your ass and making blind ass comments is great for some people, just not me.

Thanks again,

Darin

Its a big college town and there are many transients. There are also many people from a wide variety of countries and cultures that attend the various schools. I grew up about 50 miles west of the city, but I did live there breifly. Pittsburg was a steel town and had a reputation of being very rough, obviously there is no steel being made in Pittsburg today, but it still has that rough stigma. It is also known as a "Drug Hub".

My .02

Thanks again,

Darin

Its a big college town and there are many transients. There are also many people from a wide variety of countries and cultures that attend the various schools. I grew up about 50 miles west of the city, but I did live there breifly. Pittsburg was a steel town and had a reputation of being very rough, obviously there is no steel being made in Pittsburg today, but it still has that rough stigma. It is also known as a "Drug Hub".

My .02

All major cities would be a " drug hub " for surronding small towns.

Pittsburgh is not a bad city at all, those where the first cops to die in the line of duty in over 20 years in the city and the last cops died in a car crash. The crime rate here is no where near the battel grounds of Philly. I feel safer on the street of Pittsburgh then I have in every major city I've been in. Maybe because I lived close to the city and spent lots of time here.

It says in the article that he was dishonorably discharged from the Marines. It also states that he lied on his application/paperwork.

I hate to say it, but if someone acquires firearms illegally, the are most likely going to do something illegal with them. I know it is a dead horse, but why don't we try harder to enforce existing laws instead of instating new laws?

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Thanks again,

Darin

My .02

All major cities would be a " drug hub " for surronding small towns.

Pittsburgh is not a bad city at all, those where the first cops to die in the line of duty in over 20 years in the city and the last cops died in a car crash. The crime rate here is no where near the battel grounds of Philly. I feel safer on the street of Pittsburgh then I have in every major city I've been in. Maybe because I lived close to the city and spent lots of time here.

+10.....I couldn't agree more. As cities go, Pittsburg is pretty good, better than where I currently live in the context of this thread, many more cops killed in the line of duty here.

Edited by AA re-cvrd

The local news says he slept with body armour on and a gun under the bed .the mothers 911 call she was asked if any weapons were in the house she said no. That happened in a decent neighborhood. All radio and media are bashing the sale and possesion of assualt rifle/ weapons.I feel sorry for the officers and their families this should never had happened the sleeping with body armor should have gotten him a 302 mental evaluation .Are there laws against people having mental disorders from purchasing firearms?

yes there are, and that is part of what isnt being enforced, apparantly.....

maybe its time the legitimate stood up, and put the rest out of it? for lack of a better idea than MIGHT WORK?

i dunno. something needs to be done.

if we dont write the law for them, they are going to do something bad to us, guys. its gotta be done, but what is "it", exactly.

So hang me. Thats my thought on all of this.

i dunno. something needs to be done.

if we dont write the law for them, they are going to do something bad to us, guys. its gotta be done, but what is "it", exactly.

Something does need to be done and I was thinking along those same lines.

It would be great if the NRA could work with legislators and craft some new enforceable legislation that fully supports 2A but has a method of weeding out the nutbags and criminals. We have FOID cards in Illinois that are required to buy guns and ammo. It might work to have a standard way for the states to all issue their own cards, but share data nationally. The data should all be kept out of the hands of the feds though. Make complete background checks mandatory to get the card.

I kind of have a problem with foreign nationals getting guns legally too, even if they become citizens. I'd like to see a 10 year waiting period for them or something. The Virgina Tech shooter and now this Jiverly Wong guy never should have been able to buy firearms.

The common sense way to help improve the situation immediately, is to enforce the laws already on the books. There also needs to be a focus on doing complete background checks prior to all gun purchases.

• 1 month later...

Well, I hate to bump a thread so old, however, there is some clearly wrong information posted in this thread, and in the time since this was posted, I have had time to confirm a number of details from the individuals involved, and some from backdoor, LE info.

First, the shooter was never "dishonorably" discharged, he received an "Administrative" discharge, which, does not disqualify you from a gun purchase.

Second, he had a PFA in 2006, which had long expired, and that did not prevent him from getting his guns.

Third, his mother told the 911 operator that he DID have weapons in the house, she screwed up, and NEVER passed the info along to the police responding.

Fourth, he did not kill the first officers with the AK, he used a shotgun, and with the first shot, killed officer one, and hit, and disabled, officer two, the presumption I understood was that it was a slug, that passed through the head of office one, and hit number two. He then execution style shot the wounded second cop to death.

The third officer was killed during a rescue attempt of officer one, or two.

Fifth, I spoke with the salesman of the non AK weapons that he purchased, not long before the incident, and he stated that there was nothing illegal about the sale, and that he faces no charges, and that all procedures done were correct, and the guy legally passed the check.

The people in charge though, will not state to the media, that nothing wrong was done, leaving the media to hang the business in the public eye.

Sixth, the shooter was hidden, wearing a vest, and ready for a shoot out, when the officers arrived.

This, fact alone, along with statements from friends and the media, stating that he was "afraid that Obama was going to take his guns", and that he would "die before giving them up", all support my conclusions, that we have, and are still creating shooters, who, are ready to take on the SWAT teams, before going out in a blaze of glory.

The real shame in this case, is that it was three "peace officers" who came to the house, ready to help with a domestic dispute.

These are true heroes, who selfishly, went into the situation, armed as police officers, and not psuedo soldiers, and died because our society, has seen fit to marginalize, and disenfranchise certain segments of society.

In this case, a whack job, white supremacist, who was certain that the "Man" was coming to get his guns.

Completely opposite the scenario of the "persecuted black man" in Oakland, who did the same thing, to the police who were doing their duty as peace officers, when he was initially pulled over.

But both with the same results, good, honest, dead cops.

I put the blame for all their deaths on the politicians on one side, who constantly create a war on something outside our country, and on the other politicians, who constantly create a war on individuals in our country.

If we are at war, at this with the Republicans, and with that with the Democrats, and our police, are stuck in the middle, and are again, and again, going to be killed for no legitimate reason.

And the fact that we as voters allow it, is the real tragedy....

Thanks for the follow up, nice to read the truth behind the bullshit news story. Definitely no "apology" needed in bumping this thread! Besides it is only a month old, it isn't like you're bumping a 3+ year old poll, heh.

The article says -

"Reinstating the ban would mean the sale of fully-automatic assault-type weapons would no longer be legal."

Where can I get one of those legally? Obviously propaganda.

Actually, even during the "assualt weapos ban" it was perfectly legal to buy fully automatic weapons, laws governing those differing depending upon your state. Further, reinsating said ban would only affet semi-auto rifles with certain features, and NOT full auto weapons. So the entire premise is BS.

Full auto weapons are VERY expensive and VERY tightly controlled already.

I live 45 minutes from Picksburgh and lived there for 2 years. There are bad spots. but nothing different from other major cities. I felt safe and at home when living there. Sh@t I even played basketball with "Bloods" near my apartment building, they weren't the gangbangers you see on tv. Most of the guys I went to school with from Ohio cities said Pittsburgh was alot safer.

Pittsburgh is a city but pretty well balanced for a city. The Democrats that always end up in local government get a little power hungry, as does the school system. They're now suspending students for being late to class in response to some gang violence.

But the state has local gun law preemption and shall-issue CCW. Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) issues more CCW permits than any other county in the country (though I'm sure Texas splits its major metro areas into multiple counties.) We probably have a relatively high number of urban hicks and conservative academics.

Sorry, had. As not-bad as it may have been, I got myself out of there and never looked back. Now I breathe clean air and get sick every time I re-enter the city.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

G3, I don't know how long you have been gone from the burgh, however, the days of dirty city air, are pretty much gone.

The last time we had a major inversion, it was in part due, to the effects of a big forest fire that was burning in West Virginia.

Crime is, for the most part, limited to black on black, youth crime, random shootings in the bad neighborhoods and projects, but, its a rarity to see someone killed outright, that wasn't putting themself in a situation of risk.

Chances are today, that the average City dweller is going to be in Birkenstocks, instead of steel toed boots.

This is a sad story, but it part of the price that we pay to live in a free society. The truth there are a lot of things that could be done to make police work safer and easier, like warranties searches for any reason and "shoot first ask questions later, but that is not America.

I guess the police need to lay of the hardball shit when the economy is bad and the lowlifes have got nothing to lose,eh? This kind of shit isn't over by a damned sight and by the time it is we'll have a full on Gun Prohibition and Military Patrols taking over our civil police duties because Uncle Sugar's "gotta do it their way" and with 6 bigtime shoot'em ups in the last month this bit of bumpy road is just getting started because even the mad as hell,unemployed,out of money,time,luck people out there who don't have guns are stabbing people to death and beating people's brains out with baseball bats.Out of work dealership mechanics beating the piss out of each other before they even leave the lot and tenants who can't make their rent for the first time in their lives sicking pitbulls on their landlords,broke real estate investors donning ski masks and sticking up banks isn't the real problem.These people are out of options and ready to fight and when you lean on someone like that you're looking for trouble.

Welcome to the Zombie Apocalypse ladies and gentlemen ;)

Edited by SOPMOD
I guess the police need to lay of the hardball shit when the economy is bad and the lowlifes have got nothing to lose,eh? ...

I'm not sure how you get that moral from this particular story. If there was anything hardball going on in this case, I missed it. I read it as two officers show up for domestic, get shot before they contact the perp, third LEO gets it trying to save fallen officers.

The point you raise is an interesting one though, no matter if it applies here or not. I'm not sure that the Police's behavior is really going to be the difference in these cases. In both this case and the one in Oakland you have a walking time bomb who is contacted and goes off before how the LEO behaves is really a factor. Generally speaking, I've heard more officers get hurt by not using the correct amount of force early enough. So if anything, if would seem that the officers need to react more strongly than they are now. In both cases it would require the officers to be a lot more aggressive from the beginning of the contact.

I guess the police need to lay of the hardball shit when the economy is bad and the lowlifes have got nothing to lose,eh? ...

I'm not sure how you get that moral from this particular story. If there was anything hardball going on in this case, I missed it. I read it as two officers show up for domestic, get shot before they contact the perp, third LEO gets it trying to save fallen officers.

The point you raise is an interesting one though, no matter if it applies here or not. I'm not sure that the Police's behavior is really going to be the difference in these cases. In both this case and the one in Oakland you have a walking time bomb who is contacted and goes off before how the LEO behaves is really a factor. Generally speaking, I've heard more officers get hurt by not using the correct amount of force early enough. So if anything, if would seem that the officers need to react more strongly than they are now. In both cases it would require the officers to be a lot more aggressive from the beginning of the contact.

Appropriate Level of force in this instance is either ask him to step out and talk with them or show up with an APC and a SWAT Team.There is no in between when dealing with desperate people but often you can diffuse this kind of this by putting the ball in their court.Taking away choices and threatening force from the getgo applies pressure where it isn't going to do any good and you will see more cops die from this practice.

Back in 1992 I listened to a rural Oklahoma deputy recount a domestic violence call where a woman called the police because she was pissed at her husband who was yelling but hadn't laid a finger on anyone and the cops instead of storming in talked to the woman on the front step and then the older officer said "alright boss,let's hear your side of the story" to the husband.The guy came out and placed a long object against the wall as he came out the screen door and proceeded to tell the cops about his wife spending them in the hole.When the younger officer shined the light in the doorway while this conversation was going on he saw the 12ga shotgun the man had previously been holding and propped against the wall on his way out to tell "his side of the story" the older officer when asked if he knew if there was a shotgun replied "out hear in McClain County there's always a shotgun" and when asked why he asked the man to come outside and talk instead of going inside and throwing his weight around responded "I gave him a choice between fighting and getting to speak his piece,a man without choices is a lot more dangerous than a man who thinks you want to hear what he has to say"

I have have referred back to that story probably a hundred times since then using it's example with my kids,with employees and even with people who needed to be "sorted out" and never regretted it once.

That is the missing link in force continuum Glocker and that is why 2009 is going to be the bloodiest year in US Law Enforcment History by the time it's over is because the Nanny State and it's method of enforcement encroach on sanctity of other people's lives over very minor bullshit and then take away choices from desperate people but I guarantee the answer from LE and Gov will be MORE force just like you advocate and it will only result in dead cops and dead citizens and ZERO resolution or improvement.

Natural Selection Anyone?

Edited by SOPMOD