I have always enjoyed us being able to talk about anything...

Yes, and I want to clarify my position by saying that I'm not in favor of censoring anyone.

By all means, everybody keep talking about whatever you want. I just liked it better when the majority of topics were about the guns themselves.

You mean.... Talking about guns..... on a gun board?????? hmmmmmm.... :blink:

Thats crazy talk!!! Im glad i stumbled onto this site... Id be lost without it... But im not and got a TON of things comn in for my S12... mmmm, she's gonna be perdy! When i get my stuff and get her all fixed up, ill post pics... Has anybody named their guns? is that REAL crazy talk?

Thats crazy talk!!! Im glad i stumbled onto this site... Id be lost without it... But im not and got a TON of things comn in for my S12... mmmm, she's gonna be perdy! When i get my stuff and get her all fixed up, ill post pics... Has anybody named their guns? is that REAL crazy talk?

The only gun i have names so far is the 7.62x39 saiga that i havn't even shot yet. I'll do that after i've ripped it apart and "fixed" it.

Its name is barry after the president.

I'm open to suggestions on the others though.

The only gun i have names so far is the 7.62x39 saiga that i havn't even shot yet. I'll do that after i've ripped it apart and "fixed" it.

Its name is barry after the president.

I'm open to suggestions on the others though.

hahaha... barry? good one... I named my S12 Betty Boom Boom... I think i heard that some where.....??? sorry if i stole sum1's name, hahaha

Gotta find a nice sidearm now... I use a hk usp .45 for duty pistol and love it... might stick with it and add it to my collection... Im currently using a s&w 686... mmmm i love her... shes been engraved but nothn too special...

Edited by mcpny
...that somehow, this forum could go back to talking about guns and leave all the political/moral/religion/conspiracy/pissing-contest/dissing competition to some other forum.

But sadly it will probably never happen.

Oh well, there's always SubGuns.

Bob, I could not possibly agree with you more. I have found myself coming here less and less because of it. I just try to stay up on parts availability. While that's probably music to some people's ears, the religion and politics and various other bullshit is just way out of proportion lately.

I'm a hard ass, opinionated, and grew up on dark streets-you can't shock me or run me off. But I didn't come to Saiga12 to argue about religion, politics, or to see dead fish sticking out of a guys ass.

There are people on here that have a wealth of knowledge I'd like to learn from and new people to pass that information along to. Too bad the people who just have their agenda to spew clog up the board so much.

I have never shirked from a debate, but this IS A GUN BOARD.

I would challenge people to look at their own posts and see how many out of the last 50 were actually about guns. If most (and I know several people who would fail the test) are not gun related then I would humbly suggest you go to the multitude of appropriate boards available to post your views.

And thanks again for the SBS sticky, that and my .308 DMR project is what I'm working on now.

Bob- I agree with you. It was fun for a while, and now it seems to be a way many people get our their frustrations. I guess Ill have to find another place to contribute my knowledge and the effort I have put forth with the articles I have written about my work on Saigas. As some other posters have said, some just dont understand the amount of time it take to put those together, and to get your ass chewed out for trying to do something good or have a conversation with others, it just makes it no fun.

I have always enjoyed us being able to talk about anything...

Yes, and I want to clarify my position by saying that I'm not in favor of censoring anyone.

By all means, everybody keep talking about whatever you want. I just liked it better when the majority of topics were about the guns themselves.

You mean.... Talking about guns..... on a gun board?????? hmmmmmm.... :blink:

I like the idea of using the political forum for what its there for. Problem is that almost any thread that is "news" related even if not political, gets hijacked. I suggest for Mods just move any political stuff automatically to that forum

Now, on guns......... I recently got a 2001 SAR1. Its a nice gun. I also got a MP5 clone I'm putting a tac rail on tonight. Its a gsg 5 and shoots .22 so the ammo is cheap, even if you can''t find it anywhere.

I bought 2 more cases of 7.62x39 and got one in the mail today. I promised my wife I quit buying the AK ammo when I got 10,000 rounds. The .22 stuff I can just buy and buy.

Anyone else got a SAR1? How do you like 'em? thoughts?

Has anybody named their guns? is that REAL crazy talk?

Me and my cous never go without naming a gun, but its got to mean something or it is just crazy talk, and will probably be forgotten by the next time you pull it out to go shooting.

I'm sure there are a couple people that speak Russian that could supply some good names with pronunciation. I'm one that needs pronunciation, I called my 12 a sega for the first 2 weeks before someone finally corrected me.

how do you like the mp5 clone?

ITs a lot of fun, and the ammo is cheap....... the gsg5 is almost an exact replica of the HK model, made in germany. Its a good gun, surprisingly heavy for a .22. I added the retractable stock and now front RIS. Most of the parts are interchangable with HK MP5 parts, the HK parts are just real expensive.

Bob,

I am sorry you have come to feel this way. In my opinion, the forces at work are twofold. One, gun owners in general have entered into a period of fear and uncertianity, these emoitions are really strong for the lovers of saigas and other "black rifles.". The party who is in power were elected stating that they will enact legislation to change some of the things we hold dear. This forum seems to be made up of a bunch of "self-reliant" people. As such, a lot of these same people feel the need to "do something," while I personaly am waiting for the right moment to light the congressional switch board up like a christmas tree, others are engaing in discussions on this board. The second contributor to this situation is the absolutely wonderfull job the business members are doing here. I mean, if some one wants almost anything, it is in here. Tromix and Dinzag have made converting my 2 saigas a lot easier than it might have been. Tromix has partnered with several first class people to sell their products. Mike D has his drums. Cobra has a little bit of everything. Heck, vankiller has a thread saying that he'll do almost anything if the money is green enough. Couple that with a relative lack of "new" stuff compared to last year, and the fact that on more than one occasion a post has been started with "I wish I could get a " and is soon followed by "I can make it, price to follow shortly" has really changed the dynamic of this forum. Ah, true capitalism at work. I guess all I'm trying to say is "idle hands are the devil's playground.". Ok, I have tried to give my opinion, I hope I have made some sense. I really respect you and your contributions to this forum, as such I respecfully ask you if I am part of the "prombem" that you have observed. If so, I will cease.

Zone1935

...I respectfully ask you if I am part of the "problem" that you have observed. If so, I will cease.

Zone1935

Zone my friend, we don't have a problem.

In fact, I'm not trying to complain about anyone's behavior. I would just like to see a bit more respect between members here, as men-at-arms should have.

That, and a better ratio of Topic to Off-topic.

And let me say this; I've been guilty of the same thing and I'm not trying to point fingers. Hell I've gotten into beefs with several guys here, but there isn't a single one of them that I think was "in the wrong" and they all have my respect.

I'm going to try to improve this place by improving myself, and my own attitude. I'm going to continue to try and answer questions and provide whatever little insights that I can, and I hope that the rest of you will do so as well.

...I respectfully ask you if I am part of the "problem" that you have observed. If so, I will cease.

Zone1935

Zone my friend, we don't have a problem.

In fact, I'm not trying to complain about anyone's behavior. I would just like to see a bit more respect between members here, as men-at-arms should have.

That, and a better ratio of Topic to Off-topic.

And let me say this; I've been guilty of the same thing and I'm not trying to point fingers. Hell I've gotten into beefs with several guys here, but there isn't a single one of them that I think was "in the wrong" and they all have my respect.

I'm going to try to improve this place by improving myself, and my own attitude. I'm going to continue to try and answer questions and provide whatever little insights that I can, and I hope that the rest of you will do so as well.

(.............or I keel you.........)

Well said, Bob !!! (.......just had to add the other....... :haha: )

...that somehow, this forum could go back to talking about guns and leave all the political/moral/religion/conspiracy/pissing-contest/dissing competition to some other forum.

+1 :up:

Bob I hope your wish comes true its hardly worth the BS lately.

I picked up 2 more IZ109's today and put a deposit on a Charles Daly Defense .223 has anybody had the opportunity to shoot one what did you think?

I named my sweetie Col.Ninotchka. Because she's beautiful AND kicks some serious butt! If anyone doesn't recognize that name, it's from G.L.O.W. She was the Russian wrestler, and I had a serious crush on her. There are old episodes of the show on Youtube. I haven't even been able to shoot my s12 yet because of rotator cuff surgery, but I was in a gun store yesterday and they happened to have another 19" for what I thought was a good price. I called them up this morning to tell them I was coming to buy it (the store is 45-50 miles away or so), and the owner said he had just sold it about ten minutes earlier. I'm pretty bummed out.

bob - you arent alone in your thoughts, by a long shot. heck, I even tried to push for ALL THREE off topic sections to go passworded. As the board grows, I still say its going to be nessecary, in order to keep the non-saiga and gun crap over where people can just log into the sections they want to read, and then they will come up in searches for new posts.

Its not that I dont want to hear about people's thoughts on the various subjects and issues out there, but I would like to be able to find whats an issue and whats new and whatever else saiga related without having to sift through 5 pages of new posts to (hopefully) find that same info.

I know you are seeing how hard it is to keep up on things for Tony, much like it is getting hard for me to keep up on things for Tom and some other associates I have. Its nuts I tell ya. The staff here also have come to the same realization as well, actually. I was all for it a couple of years ago already, as per when I still was working here in any official regard, and had made the political section, and put that in with the funnies and fight club into its own separate area. I would have passworded them then, but that was a bit much of a call for me to make, and when discussing it came time to happen, there were other problems that had to be addressed.

This kid is six years old now. It needs to get its adult teeth checked that are coming in, and needs new clothes and all that fine stuff. Its just part of how it is, really. Its already being bullied by the other kids since the getgo, and there are molesters out there watching it and lurking, as it were. Fortunately, this kid's got a great family and lots of good friends to help it grow up and also guide it along its wild and winding road.

I think thats a good way to put it, or at least what Im trying to say.

good post Bob.

I tend to stay out of the political debates, and only peek my head into Fight Club to take a stab at Shirley every now and then :lol: .

Here's my recent gun story.........................

I'm in South Carolina right now, and me and my girl are staying with friends. Our friend;s husband is a LEO, and we all went to the range. He brought his duty guns; a Glock (40 cal.) and his M4. So there I am, molesting an actual M4, not an "M4gery", it's got the "happy switch" and all, 12"ish barrel...........turns out the range (an indoor range) doesn't allow burst/FA fire!!!!! Talk about a dick-tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I clicked the selector past "semi" and was MORE then tempted to just let it fly........but I was a good boy, and flicked it back to semi. :cryss::cryss::cryss:

Edited by 22_Shooter
. So there I am, molesting an actual M4, not an "M4gery", it's got the "happy switch" and all, 12"ish barrel...........turns out the range (an indoor range) doesn't allow burst/FA fire!!!!! Talk about a dick-tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I clicked the selector past "semi" and was MORE then tempted to just let it fly........but I was a good boy, and flicked it back to semi. :cryss::cryss::cryss:

You're a stronger man than I...a mag would of been dumped and a huge shit eating grin. I would of made sure I got it on camera so when I got kicked out I could listen to my giggle