Sorry if these have been posted before, but they were just sent to me.

Email stated that the shooter rested his shotgun barrel on his foot, which is common practice at many trap and skeet ranges, but then pulled the trigger. Apparently the shotgun was still loaded and one slug later, this is the result. Again, my apologies if this is old.

Yiiiiikes! :horror:

Ya think he'll ever do that again? :devil:

He was shooting skeet, sure that was a slug?

Edited by ChileRelleno

Although the email stated that he was using a slug, I noticed that the first picture appears to be taken at a sporting clays or five stand stage. I imagine that a standard shot cup would have done the same damage..Either way, I bet it hurt like hell.

Well, I guess if you absolutely must shoot yourself somewhere in the foot he picked a pretty good spot. The jokes he will have to endure (shooting yourself in the foot) will be no less painful I'm sure.

My local range does not let people do that, because that AD is not uncommon. Unfortunately, lots of sport shooters have horrible gun handling skills. I hate it when they carry their loaded guns on the shoulder with the barrel pointing forward.

always, always, check your weapon. no matter how my life has gone, and what i may have seen, I CHECK IT. any video you see of me on this site, shows this discipline, as well.....

CHECK IT. bad things can and will happen, if you dont, eventually, if not quickly....

My old man saw a dear through the window in this tiny cabin we were staying in on his land in WV. He snatched up the .30 .30, was half laying on his back, took aim, and blew half the damn window frame out, dear hopped away, and we :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Ahhh, the big 4 USMC style:

1) Treat Every Weapon as if it were loaded.

2) Never Point Your Weapon at ANYTHING you dont intend to shoot.

3) Keep Your Finger STRAIGHT and OFF the trigger until your ready to fire.

4) Keep Your weapon on SAFE until you intend to fire.

We have a NEW winner of the "ugliest toe award"!

They rest the muzzle on their boot to protect it. Much safer with cowboy boots, but is still just as stupid as hunting with Dick Cheney!

Ok maybe I'm just cynical about stuff on the net but it just doesn't look right to me and I've seen several gunshot wounds. First the picture of the shoe shoes no sign of blood or flesh which there would be plenty of inside there if a shotgun round took that hunk of flesh out. Then the pic of the toe just doesn't look quite right. It's a very common practice in clay sports to rest your broken open ou on your toe in preperation but very hard to shoot yourself in that configuration, auto shooters who try the same thing have done it though. Is there more info out there?

Ahhh, the big 4 USMC style:

1) Treat Every Weapon as if it were loaded.

2) Never Point Your Weapon at ANYTHING you dont intend to shoot.

3) Keep Your Finger STRAIGHT and OFF the trigger until your ready to fire.

4) Keep Your weapon on SAFE until you intend to fire.

I religiously obey all of those rules except for the last one. I despise toggle safeties and generally do not make use of them. To me, they are simply one more step in the way of eliminating a threat. If I am out shooting, I always have one weapon with a round in the chamber (generally a Glock, no worries about a toggle safety :D) ready to go; I like to know that if I have to pull that trigger to eliminate a threat, it WILL go bang.

That wound looks unpleasant and permanent. Real? Dunno. If it is, well, hopefully he's learned his lesson without permanently impairing his balance.