NEW SAIGA-12 PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT

I've had a lot of interest on the conversion, and plan on getting some pics this weekend after work slows down (I can't even get to the range today, as planned!).

On the topic of Knoxx Industries products, I use to speak fairly regularly with the owner, and one thing that we have to look forward to is the fact that they plan on moving production of the components of their drums to the US (currently the parts are built in China/Taiwan). So what that means if this happens is that it should count as 3 US parts (follower, floorplate, and mag body)! That will help us all with being assured we have the proper parts count (if we are exclusively using their mags).

Knoxx makes some nice products, just stay away from the folding Copstock, under recoil they are too short and will literally cut the sh_t out of your face (I've seen it happen).

Also, the more we support a good US company like Knoxx (I know, they do buy from China), the more "products" they will continue to produce. I did ask on quantity discount for the drums, but no go on that, only dealer cost, which is $69.00. You can find them for $79.00. Not bad considering 8rd prices, and the big-time cool factor (plus lower profile in relation to an 8rd mag).

Yes, PLEASE post pics and info on the Knoxx conversion!! My problems would be solved! Compared to Saiga mags, Knoxx's are "cheap and plentiful"!

Still, Stony Creek's announcement has me curious. Might not even be a mag, though! Maybe a rail forend or something! :D

Gummerfan

edit to add: If you're leery of posting the "non-linear" mag conversion, you could always post the conversion using a box mag as an example, right? ;)

Edited by Gummerfan
Also, the more we support a good US company like Knoxx (I know, they do buy from China), the more "products" they will continue to produce.  I did ask on quantity discount for the drums, but no go on that, only dealer cost, which is $69.00.  You can find them for $79.00.  Not bad considering 8rd prices, and the big-time cool factor (plus lower profile in relation to an 8rd mag).

any links to a vendor who has them in stock for $79?

thanks

Caspian

I've got a 'Copstock' & like it but will take your advice to heart & not lean into it..It does recoils some 3 inches to the rear so I can definately see the potential for that sort of thing...........Knoxx is coming out with a recoil pad for it, maybe that will help solve the problem......

• 1 year later...
I'd leave that Glock mag alone if I were you guys, Glock itself is about to produce a high cap in 45 (just like the 9mm and 40cal mags they've done in the past).

I have a dozen of the 33round Glock mags for my G-17 and Sub 2000. Not sure why you would ever want a longer heavier mag than that. Becomes a juggling act for both frames with that long of a mag. Makes for fun range time though. Always buy the Glock factory version, not the Scherer - they are crap. I think the most I paid for a 33round was 60.00 when they first started making them. Now they are 30.00

Note the last post was two years ago. This project got to the stage of the molds being produced but then the deal fell short. The molds were up for sale on GunBroker for a while.

damn I hate that. I jsut spent 15 minutes looking for that message on the stoney creek site. ALWAYS check the date on a thread in the general forum! :evil:

Note the last post was two years ago. This project got to the stage of the molds being produced but then the deal fell short. The molds were up for sale on GunBroker for a while.

damn I hate that. I jsut spent 15 minutes looking for that message on the stoney creek site. ALWAYS check the date on a thread in the general forum! :evil:

LOL I just went on the same goose chase.

I thought today's date was the 23rd, and the original post was feb 23rd 2005. I swear whoever raised this post from the dead did that on purpose. I think the Knoxx drum thing was put to bed a while ago, following a nasty email from knoxx. Followed by the general concensus that making a drum would dd this gun. With the AWB possibly coming back, what have you got to lose!

Seriously, who cares, a drum would be heavier and 4x as wide as a 10rd stick mag. What the hell would the use be?