Saiga Stopping Imports to US

Well, just stopped of at FBMG in Utah and was told that Saiga is/has stopped importing to the US, due to a Law suite between Arsenal and Russian/American Armory. Guess one was supposed to be the sole distributor for the US, and now the other is mad.

Just FYI.

Well, just stopped of at FBMG in Utah and was told that Saiga is/has stopped importing to the US, due to a Law suite between Arsenal and Russian/American Armory. Guess one was supposed to be the sole distributor for the US, and now the other is mad.

Just FYI.

Quick, hurry up and buy as many Saigas as you can, and make sure you buy up all the ammo of every caliber there is too!

BS. The RAAC distributor is a regular member on these boards, if they stopped imports we'd have heard it from the horse's mouth.

I guess the last 8 months of hysteria weren't enough, the money grubbing gun dealers need to create more panic.

:Johnboy: Me waits for the buying panic.

As previously stated, I'm pretty sure that we would have been told by now by our forum vendors. I think that they were really giving you a fish story on that one.

I may not be a lawyer, but something is off. kmcintosh78 stated that there is a lawsuit between Arsenal and RAA because one was supposed to be the sole importer?

That's got to be a load of bullshit. If RAA had an exclusive contract with Izhmash then wouldn't RAA be suing Izhmash for breach of contract? What case would they have against Arsenal? Unless RAA had got Arsenal to agree to NOT import the Saiga series of rifles, which is doubtful.

I think we've been fed a load of bunk here guys.

Edited by Paladin_Hammer

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I was just stating what I though to be credible.

As for the suite, I don't remember if the guy said it was between the 2 US companies, or between Distributor and manufacture.

I think this whole gun scare is ridiculous. Ammo is scarce and gun prices are way to high.

• 2 weeks later...

This is funny, because the guy at the gun store where I just bought my Saiga told me a completely different

story about why they won't be importing them. He claimed that the factory is in Georgia, and when Russia invaded

they seized control and shut it down!

This is funny, because the guy at the gun store where I just bought my Saiga told me a completely different

story about why they won't be importing them. He claimed that the factory is in Georgia, and when Russia invaded

Dang, the Ruskies invaded Georgia? I'd best grab my shooting iron. Heck, I haven't heard a single shot all day or seen a single tank. Must be down state.

Dang, the Ruskies invaded Georgia? I'd best grab my shooting iron. Heck, I haven't heard a single shot all day or seen a single tank. Must be down state.

You missed your opportunity.

It happened August 2008

That guy is a complete idiot.

That guy is a complete idiot.

hahahah

This is even funnier since the factory is in Izhevsk Russia, which is about 1500 miles from Georgia as the crow flies. Not to mention that fact that the factory also makes military weapons for the Russian military. I'm sure they wouldn't invade and close down their own weapons factory, if it was in Georgia, which it ain't! :lol:

Edited by whodat1