Cobra Bullpup S-12

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed it (completely possible, because I'm 1/4 retarded) but do you have a price in mind yet?

At the beginning of the thread he said not too much different that the other bullpup out there. So... $275 or thereabouts..?

Edited by Tx1021

Sorry guys I've been extremely busy the past few days and haven't had much time for posting. I did work some more on the pup and got some things done. Here's some new pics....still workin on it but wanted to add a few items like a safety, a sling, a Polychoke Gold Deluxe I've been saving, and a Russian front sight. Also smoothed up the grip some. It really needs taller sights but my plan is to eventually get the top rail done and be able to mount flip up sights and a dot.

New pics for now...

post-1293-1247722005_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1247722025_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1247722057_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1247722079_thumb.jpg

My only concern; is this going to take attention away from the Last Shot Bolt Hold Open LSBO project? Which one has priority?

To the contrary. The pup could use a LRBHO even more than normal. You can't just count and bump the manual BHO as it is.

Also some info on the FTE's. Other than opening the gas ports the S-12, it has no reliability mods.

It could use a Cobra76two reliability job as well as possibly a reduced power recoil spring. Also the function test is using low brass ammo.

If you think it's a wild project now you just wait tell I put my personal touches on it.

I've been using my spare time in Iraq doing some "skunk works" projects on busted down old AK's. MP5 gastube/charging handle, left side ejection, blow back operated pistol caliber bolt assemblies, drop in 22 kit...

You tell em fox! hehehehe :ph34r:

I wasn't even gonna answer some of the really obvious stuff. To restate the above though....the only ammo that has yet been tried in it is Federal bulk pack from wallyworld, and the dreaded winchester universal...It's got zero mods to the original bolt, carrier, or gas system.

Having said that, it is an old school S-12 from 1999, back when they were made right...

I wanted to test everything out first in an unmodified, otherwise stock S-12. It will soon be getting a LRBHO as well. To answer the question about me taking time away from working on the LRBHO project...to work on other things, and to generally live my life....How many times do I have to say it? There is absolutely NOTHING I can do right now to make the LRBHO come out any sooner. I am currently waiting on the parts to be professionally MFGd in a real machine shop. The original prototypes were made with very crude tools, by trial and error. That means many many hours worth of me hacksawing, grinding, and filing hardened steel (lawn mower blades for one...ever tried to cut one of those by hand?) and fashioning the parts into a working LRBHO, which yes...to answer another person's questions in a different thread....I DO have videos from over 4 years ago of it working in my own AKS-12.

Now can we please not hijack this thread any more with speculation about the LRBHO? Please?

KrisFox, I was getting ready to go ahead and do the "reliabilty" upgrades to it to make it work as good as it possibly can with all ammo. Hopefully I'll get some time this week to work on that in the evenings. I may put a rail under the front this evening for a FVG.

I am glad to see the new things you are coming up with and all, but how bout starting to manufacture and sell some of the things already?

I want that damn magwell and the automatic bolt lock after last round feature for my S12. hehehhe

Gimme!!!

I have been dreaming of a quality bullpup conversion since I got my S12.

I'm a bit concerned about the recoil, but i bet you will get that and all the other gremlins sorted out in testing before you go to retail.

You can count me in as a buyer for one of the first batch!

• 1 month later...

This kit just moved to the top of my list.

I have a few questions

Can you post a good side shot of just the rifle without the shop clutter around it?

Is the trigger mechanism internal or external?

Is this for a modded Gun or an un-modded gun?

Is the butt stock finalized? It looks like it will work but it also looks like it was just tacked on and not designed for this application.

This kit just moved to the top of my list.

I have a few questions

Can you post a good side shot of just the rifle without the shop clutter around it?

Is the trigger mechanism internal or external?

Is this for a modded Gun or an un-modded gun?

Is the butt stock finalized? It looks like it will work but it also looks like it was just tacked on and not designed for this application.

1. 6yd1lf.jpg

2. Internal

3. No more modded than any standard conversion. Could be converted back to standard AK config with basically just a screwdriver, no filing or grinding needed, PG hol is already cut.

4. No, gun is mine, I plan to make some changes. Can make direct attach butts for tanged or de-tanged Saigas. However it works great as is, length of pul is less than 15" as seen in the pic. A direct attach plat would be as short as 13" LOP.

Edited by KrisFox
External trigger mech?

Is that even possible?

If we hung a rod on the stock trigger and welded a trigger to the far end of the rod that would be a crappy easy way to make a bullpup trigger linkage.

As is we are using something similar to piano wire attached directly to the sear, run through the receiver and handguard to the forward trigger.

The result is a trigger pull that is not quite as good as a polished up G2 but much better than the unconverted stock link trigger.