SHOCKED my Tromix stock broke.

Bridis-

Please contact Tromix regarding any warranty replacement.

Tacticool-

E-mail me, I'll replace the stock for free. I just need the old one back for inspection.

Richard Lage

Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.

E-Mail- sales@max-11.com

602-430-1978

www.max-11.com

I bought the stock from CSS. Should I contact them?

Listen to Richard Bridis...Richard is to the M-11 world as Tony is to the S-12 world. Welcome Richard, I always wondered if you would ever make it over here, don't be a stranger I think you would like an S-17 from Tony Town if you don't already have one.

Edited by gmorgan
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridis-

Please contact Tromix regarding any warranty replacement.

Tacticool-

E-mail me, I'll replace the stock for free. I just need the old one back for inspection.

Richard Lage

E-Mail- sales@max-11.com

602-430-1978

www.max-11.com

THAT'S service right there folks!

First post too!

Thanks for the "Welcome" guys. I read the Saiga-12 message boards most days, but never had a need to post until now.

Bridis- I would contact whomever you bought the stock from, I imagine it will get back to Tony at Tromix. If you have any difficulty, let me know and I will see what I can do to help. I do not do any direct sales of the S-12 products. I sell wholesale to Tromix, then Tromix sells to distributors.

I have an S-12 already with a couple of Tromix items on it. I just haven't finished adding my own personal touch to it yet. Too many other products under development.

Richard Lage

www.max-11.com

Thanks for the "Welcome" guys. I read the Saiga-12 message boards most days, but never had a need to post until now.

Bridis- I would contact whomever you bought the stock from, I imagine it will get back to Tony at Tromix. If you have any difficulty, let me know and I will see what I can do to help. I do not do any direct sales of the S-12 products. I sell wholesale to Tromix, then Tromix sells to distributors.

I have an S-12 already with a couple of Tromix items on it. I just haven't finished adding my own personal touch to it yet. Too many other products under development.

Richard Lage

www.max-11.com

Glad to see you here! and Welcome!!!!

Wow, I can't help but admire Tromix and Richard Lage offering to help out in this thread. I didn't mean to put down the stock for being made of polymer. Hell I carry a polymer framed pistol and trust my life to it. Obviously, any part can break - especially if it's misused.

I've got Tromix parts on my S12 as well. Namely a Tromix-modded Tapco G2 fire control group and weld-on trigger guard. Good stuff.

So Richard: after admiring max-11.com I have to ask: will your Saiga's personal touch be to make it a select fire shorty? :)

So Richard: after admiring max-11.com I have to ask: will your Saiga's personal touch be to make it a select fire shorty? :)

No full auto conversion, just some modern accessories. If I like what I create, then I will forward them to Tromix. I'm about 6 months behind on the S-12 stuff I had planned to make.

Richard Lage

www.max-11.com

I spoke with CSS this morning about 11:15. They were really understanding, but just as confused as I was about how the stock broke. We spoke for a few minutes about my problem then they offered to call Tromix and then call me back. At 1:45 I got a return phone call from CSS telling me that Tromix would be shipping me a replacement directly. WOW!!! What can I say? Fast, freindly service from a group of true professionals. You couldn't ask for more.

Thank again, everyone. :D

Edited by Bridis

Bridis, what happened to your stock is the main reason that I went with an Ace stock instead.

Aluminum doesn't shatter. ;)

Regardless... it is impressive that CSS and Tromix acted so quickly to ship you a replacement. Our business members rock! :up:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

The guys that do business here truely are the best. That reminds me, I'm suppose to call Mr. Travers from JT Engineering about doing an SBS S-12 for me.

These guys take a personal approach to doing bussiness that is hard to match.

Bridis, what happened to your stock is the main reason that I went with an Ace stock instead.

Regardless... it is impressive that CSS and Tromix acted so quickly to ship you a replacement. Our business members rock! :up:

~ Lage looks better then ACE...personal opinion I know.

~ Aluminum (ACE) may not shatter but it will bend and eventually break just like plastic (Lage).

~ IMHO comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges...personally I prefer a specific big name brand that makes a specific product for a specific weapon such as Lage and Tromix rather then bolting on a generic piece.

>>The big clencher is that Richard Lage himself not only is a member here but responded to the situation personally. I have not been a member for many years but I dont recall ACE responding to anything.

Mr Lage your :smoke: in my book.

I have been a ffl/sot for 37 year's, and this is what i would call FAST SERVICE....and upfront "OUTSTANDING" you can't get any better then that....and i like the looks of the Lage stock.{ Tromix} i guess it was in the cards for the accident to happen. and the stock to break, and for this post. to see how great these companies can be.

you can't make-up stuff this good.so Bridis your problem is solved. good luck with more pic's.and enjoy the Saiga.best regards Ron K.

Shit happens, don't bust his balls because his Tromix broke and you think your Ace is better. I've seen lots of broken Ace's long before they became popular with the Saiga crowd. I've also seen lots of shit broken in 20+ years in the military I never thought would break like they did. Glad he got it sorted out, kudos to Tromix, Lage, and CSS for stepping to the plate!

Edited by MT Predator
I have been a ffl/sot for 37 year's, and this is what i would call FAST SERVICE....and upfront "OUTSTANDING" you can't get any better then that....and i like the looks of the Lage stock.{ Tromix} i guess it was in the cards for the accident to happen. and the stock to break, and for this post. to see how great these companies can be.

you can't make-up stuff this good.so Bridis your problem is solved. good luck with more pic's.and enjoy the Saiga.best regards Ron K.

Here's my S-12 right after the conversion.

Saiga12-2.jpg

Waiting on the Chaos extended quad.

Tacticool-

Wow! Thanks man! I never planned on returning it because it broke while in my possession. I really do appreciate that! :super:

Oh and if anyone has an M-11 get one of his uppers. I've had mine for about a year and it's the best thing I've ever bought for it. As a matter of fact, I have an M-10 that I was planning on selling but I'm keeping it for one of his Max-10 uppers (45 ACP baby!).

This is why I stick to wood. :lol:

That is an outstanding response from Richard Lage, Ive met him a few times at shows, but considering that is a product he only wholesales and custom made for tony, that is an exceptional and quick response.

From my experience that is an absolutely abnormal performance for that stock. For the record, its not "plastic" its a polymer composite, and ive beat the hell out of both of the stocks Ive owned, even have the scuffs and chips on the buttstock pad (which is a different material) to prove it, from clearing stuck shells on concrete, to (even) an accidental fall, various drills, as well as just banging around in the normal crawling through the muck and hills. I have no doubt that my stock would not have failed in such a fall, and would think that it must be a material defect. The ace stock is also very sturdy, though ive heard of similar oddball failures, though im not sure if their service response is as impressive.

Also, though it sounds like you wont have any problem getting this taken care of, at one level of the customer service food chain or another, if you did want to just repair it, superglue is not the way to go. I would get two short steel pins or dowels, maybe an inch or so long, about a .5 in diameter, line up the stock peices carefully, drill both halves from the break of the face in, so it makes one long hole for the pin to sit in, and fill both the hole and the break face with epoxy, with the pin in place, and clamp it together to cure.

It was about 3-4 years ago, I recall when the Ace stocks were coming apart.

Ace is a great product, but don't forget that it's 4 pieces are assembled with roll pins. It's certainly not immune to being damaged or wearing out.

Richard,

Good to see you on the forum, glad you made it! FWIW, I was first introduced to your products through this forum which in turn led to me purchasing an M11/9 just so I could have a MAX-11!

Great products, great service. You and Tony are some of the best folks in the biz.

BTW, I'm running these stocks on both my S17 and my MAX-11 and have never had any issues.

....Should the stock have broken from such a short fall? I know Tony makes great products, so quality shouldn't be the question here. Maybe there was a defect in the plastic, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm very disappointed with my stupid mistake and the end result. :(

Any mechanical product is subject to breakage, specially when used outside of its design parameters. Direct contact with the manufacturer would have been a lot more effective then a post here.

Well it does seem like posting about my problem here was the best thing to do when you look at the results.

1. It brought Mr. Lage to the forums.

2. We got to chat with Mr. Lage and veiw some of his other products.

3. My problem was quickly resolved.

Besides, it was a strange issue, not typical of the product and I think that has been made perfectly clear. As you said, any product is subject to being broken. I think we all know that as well. So there really shouldn't be any issues with discussing odd/uncommon problems with any product.

Just my opinion...

It was about 3-4 years ago, I recall when the Ace stocks were coming apart.

Ace is a great product, but don't forget that it's 4 pieces are assembled with roll pins. It's certainly not immune to being damaged or wearing out.

Yup, that was about the timeframe when the Ace stocks were the rage and everyone was shooting them apart.

Just an update...

I would have posted earlier, but the board was down. As I previously post, I contacted CSS last Tuesday about this problem. Well, by the following Friday I had a NEW Tromix stock in my hand. No questioned asked and no strings attached.

I tell you what. If anyone reading this thread is planning to convert their Saiga and do not use the vendors that support this site, they are F'n insane.

I am a 39 year old business professional who works with many vendors and distributors on a daily basis. So trust me when I say, "The service that I've received here is well above and beyond the typical (who gives a shit) service from the typical (you've got to jump through hoops before you get help) company out there".

I couldn't be more thankful for everyones help.

Edited by Bridis