they do it all the time here in florida (sorry neighbors, but you know its true) and dont get fired or sent home. hell, cant tell you how many times new customers ask me "which monday" when i take a new contract.....at first i didnt understand when they were asking me that, that most contractors just show up a week or two late without calling down here, and make like that was the planned start date. the pill popping contractors and landscapers are pretty entertaining too.....

also, we apparantly have optional mondays and fridays down here, and the no call no show thing is also ok.

never seen anything like it. no wonder you cant get a steady job around here for more then 8 bucks an hour.....

again, sorry neighbors.....you guys KNOW its true though, so dont shoot the messenger :)

Ok, I tend not to watch the "youtube" stuff, namely cause I'm on dial up and don't have the time to wait for the entire vid. I do try to watch a select few. So I'm speaking from what I got from BVamp.

I worked general contracting(family business) in AZ 15yrs ago and this was a problem even then. I don't know how often we got calls from people complaining that their contractor didn't show(again) and could we come finish/do the job. My Dad, who ran the business, always made a point to call if we/materials were running late and that we would get there ASAP. That's where I get it in my Farrier work.

Sadly for us, the biggest problem was the help. Our best workers tended to be green carders(Mexicans here on work visas) they knew how to work. Most of our Caucasian and 2nd gen Mexican/Americans would show up when they 1. Needed money 2. Weren't in jail 3. Remembered they had a job. And as stated, Mondays and Fridays seemed optional to them. Even if payday was not until close of work Friday or Monday, didn't seem to matter.

We got alot of work simply because of reputation. We got the job done and right. However we still couldn't beat the local big boys in price. So even though we did a better job(often faster) we still got pushed out. Now every swinging dick with a hammer thinks he's a contractor, no wonder this country is sinking fast. That's what happens when reputation no longer matters.

Mikel

Ok, I tend not to watch the "youtube" stuff, namely cause I'm on dial up and don't have the time to wait for the entire vid. I do try to watch a select few. So I'm speaking from what I got from BVamp.

I worked general contracting(family business) in AZ 15yrs ago and this was a problem even then. I don't know how often we got calls from people complaining that their contractor didn't show(again) and could we come finish/do the job. My Dad, who ran the business, always made a point to call if we/materials were running late and that we would get there ASAP. That's where I get it in my Farrier work.

Sadly for us, the biggest problem was the help. Our best workers tended to be green carders(Mexicans here on work visas) they knew how to work. Most of our Caucasian and 2nd gen Mexican/Americans would show up when they 1. Needed money 2. Weren't in jail 3. Remembered they had a job. And as stated, Mondays and Fridays seemed optional to them. Even if payday was not until close of work Friday or Monday, didn't seem to matter.

We got alot of work simply because of reputation. We got the job done and right. However we still couldn't beat the local big boys in price. So even though we did a better job(often faster) we still got pushed out. Now every swinging dick with a hammer thinks he's a contractor, no wonder this country is sinking fast. That's what happens when reputation no longer matters.

Mikel

Watch the first 30 seconds. It's a US Senator, Max Baucus, on public time (Speaking on the Senate floor!), at work, on public property, fucked-up drunk.

Where are the people from Montana? WTF??? This is an outrage!

Edited by Bounce12

Apparently they are so sure about that bill that he started new years early? Imagine what its like behind closed doors, I knew those clear pitchers weren't filled with water.

But drunk at work isn't an option for me. I've had school teachers, who were drunk, on a regular basis "teaching" me at school. I've seen State Troopers getting shitfaced at the bar and leave in their State owned crown vic. My boss is an ex-cop (higher ranking, won't say exactly what position, don't want to get him pin pointed) and has told me many a story of drunk cops, cops using their lights and sirens going a buck twenty down 95 smoking a joint on the way to/from the Yankees game, stuff like that.

It doesn't really surprise me to see a public official drunk, but a Senator of the federal government debating on a bill that big, now that is just F'd up. I doubt anything will come of this except jokes and the likes but I hope his constituents don't vote this jerk back in.

I wonder if this will/did make it to the local news in Montana, anybody know?

Well, I work at a tattoo shop and folks are pretty laid back,so I know I wouldn't get fired but I definately won't tattoo while drunk!!! I do occasionally have a few beers at work when I am done tattooing,so I suppose I could GET shitfaced at work. I just don't actually WORK while drunk. My job RULES!!

I can't even have a sip of alcohol in the 8 hours before work, let alone show up in this senator's condition. If I did, I'd lose my license and my livelyhood and I would deserve it. This senator is a national embarrassment and he should have been hauled away from that podium by his fellow senators if they had any shame at all.

He seems to just get voted in time after time.... It is hard for me to believe that a tattoo artist (me) in Montana is better behaved at work than a Senator from Montana! Whoa how the times have changed! Even if I drink at the end of my shift, I don't think I could get plowed in the last hour of my worknight, I can get in 2 beers in that time, and then I WALK home.

Honestly, if you've ever watched Max speak before you'd realize that he's a bumbling idiot ALL the time. Seriously, I'm not sure if he's drunk there or not. It just sounds like Max being Max to me. Has he admitted to being drunk there?

• Like 1

Thanks Bounce, I did while I was painting the computer/guest room,lol. Honestly, he always sounds like that. Maybe he's always drunk. But then so do most of them on the Hill. I bet if you look closely, most of them have DUI's beyond what any other employer would allow. And it don't matter what side they're on. What else are they gonna do besides screw us.

I have been with my company over 10 years. I started when I was 21 and used to show up hungover, drunk, rolling on extacy, and tripping on acid. I once stayed out drinking until 4am and had to be at work at 6. Thankfully it was a Halloween party and was the weekend when the clocks roll back an hour. Wish I had known because I had not set mine back and was at work an hour early. The cold air and 2 cups of coffee sobered me up a bit. I left all that crap behind me and only drink a few times a year. I still wonder how I pulled off some of what I got away with over the years.

I can't even be on any sort of meds and go to work. I get to play with big, expensive machinery. No drinking and no medication of any kind.

People have come in on prescribed pain killers and got stuck doing bitch work in the office, because they (the company) won't allow them to operate any sort of machinery (for good reason, obviously) aside from the coffee-maker.

LOL at the video, though. He sounds like every random drunk dude at the bar.

See, I told you he wasn't drunk...

http://www.helenair.com/news/state-and-regional/article_c7bd876e-f3ce-11de-af98-001cc4c002e0.html

That's just the way he speaks. He doesn't do too bad on the nightly news because they can just take the sound bites that make him look good. Once you listen to him for any length of time be becomes hard to follow because of all the bumbling. He ends up sounding like a drunk idiot.

He's been a rep for the state of MT for a loooong time. He won because he literally walked around to every town in the state during his first campaign. He's been a MT senator since 1978. He was a house rep before that.