Too many choices on my Draco!

Found a cool website application that lets you design your firearm with different stocks, sights, etc. It's called Pimp My Gun. Thought you might like it.

Here's one I did for my Draco. I'll eventually SBR it, but for now, I'm trying to decide on furniture color and muzzle attachments. Please feel free to give suggestions on furniture type and color, muzzle attachments, etc.

DracoConcepts2.jpg

I already have the Ultimak and micro red dot. It currently has the AMD HG, a black SAW grip (which the site doesn't have yet) and no muzzle attachment beyond a nut. I will take an actual pic later today.

Corbin

*EDIT* To add muzzle flash and pics......

The site didn't have the option for a SAW grip, I don't think. I'll have to see what I can do.

Dracoright.jpg

Dracoleftb.jpg

Closeup of 50 cent rubber stopper I drilled out and put on handle:

plug.jpg

Closeup of Ultimak and micro dot:

AimpointonUltimak.jpg

Yes, it co-witnesses:

Co-Witness.jpg

Edited by Corbin

Here is a link for another butt stock option that would look great on a Draco. From what I understand, one hole for the mounting screw ( or you can use a bolt through the trunnion) and a slot in the trunnion for the aligning tab on the back of the butt stock mount.

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/spare-parts-and-accessories/vz-58-parts-and-accessories/folding-stock-complete/

I currently have ATI black synthetic hand guards with plastic rails on my Draco but my son is pressuring me to return it to a more traditional look with the wood furniture (stained Russian Red) and the red bakelite pistol grip.

Edited by oliverb

best be gettin that amd front grip hole welded up.....this draco nonsence has made people forget all that has been hashed out about regular ak pistols.....that handguard with that hole makes a aow.....weld up the grip nut hole and your good.....

i'm just watching out for you buddy.....

best be gettin that amd front grip hole welded up.....this draco nonsence has made people forget all that has been hashed out about regular ak pistols.....that handguard with that hole makes a aow.....weld up the grip nut hole and your good.....

i'm just watching out for you buddy.....

I'd check on that however, I have seen plenty with railed forearms which could be construed as intent as well. One was a CA legal Draco I posted in another thread regarding sling mounts. Looks great BTW, nice and streamlined.

Edited by MT Predator

I don't plan on needing the PG hole, so welding it up is fine with me. Even if I SBR the thing down the road, I won't be adding a PG there I don't think. A rail maybe, but not an AK grip.

Too bad the Magpul AFG is probably considered an AOW on a pistol.

Corbin,

Has MI started to allow SBR's....or are you moving in the future?

No, they haven't yet, though I keep hearing NFA guys saying "it's coming". Of course, none can point me to any legislation or anything. One guy I know is a class II manufacturer and he told me at a recent ATF inspection, the Agent mentioned it might be coming soon. I don't know if an Agent they send to inspect for violations would know about that or not, but the guy doesn't seem like the kind to make up stuff. To me, it's a no-brainer..... allow more NFA stuff, collect more money.

I'm always open to getting a place in another State, but no plans on moving right now. My Fiance and I have talked about CO, MT or Northern NM. Her folks have a place in MT, but haven't sold the MI place yet, so they're back and forth.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin

Right on. I try to keep and ear to the happenings in MI as that is where the Mrs. is from. I hadn't heard of anything, so I had to ask. The potential for us to move there is slim as I wouldn't have much to do...and then there's the whole 'where the hell am I going to store the NFA toys?' thing too. Of course, the housing prices look good. But the rest of the MI economy is in the shitter.

Of your move options, choose MT.

I like function and that one seems like it would be the most functional.

I agree. Function is more important than looks (to me). I'd probably have the flashlight on a QD setup in case I wanted to remove it. But so long as the AFG was comfortable, I'd probably give it a shot. I'm lovin the Aimpoint on the Ultimak.

OP,

Are either of your sights canted? If they are straight, where did you get it? Did you have to specify that you wanted straight sights?

Hi Evlblkwpnz

I bought it at a local gun shop. It cost me 30 bucks more, but I was able to inspect it before purchase. Everything lines up fine. I figured that was worth the extra money to avoid any hassles or extra FFL fees if I had to swap it out later.

I've yet to see what kind of group it keeps, but now that I've got the Aimpoint on there, it really helps speed things up. I'm debating about cutting off the top of the front sight hood to allow for a cleaner red dot sight picture, but we'll see.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin

I take it from the pictures you already have the 20 rd tanker mags. I just got mine today and like them a lot on the Draco. Much better balance, looks, and a little weight reduction doesn't hurt.:super:

That's a left over piece from a Tapco Interfuse HG for my Saiga 12. I've already got a sling mounted on it, so I didn't need to install the thing. So I just drilled and tapped the back of the Draco and screwed it in.

STK07320GREEN.jpg

corbin, i've been looking for the thread where you sawed down the ultimak rail and can't find it. What ultimak did you end up getting? I want to do the exact same thing on my draco. I put my MWI rail on my maadi. I can't wait to see the red wood.

corbin, i've been looking for the thread where you sawed down the ultimak rail and can't find it. What ultimak did you end up getting? I want to do the exact same thing on my draco. I put my MWI rail on my maadi. I can't wait to see the red wood.

It was an M1 model.

Ultimak post

Dinzag,

Very cool, although in the fine print I noticed this:

*SBR & SBS are restricted by the Michigan Compiled laws 750.224b(3) which limits these items to C&R, Collectors items not likely to be used as a weapon but only if the person selling, offering, or possessing the firearm also complies with the Michigan Compiled laws 28.422 (will be amended Jan 2009) and 28.429 ( will be repealed Jan 2009).

Does that mean we can only have certain C&R eligible SBRs and SBSs?

Edited by Corbin

A friend of mine just bought the Primary Arms microdot with the Ultimac M1B for his Draco. He had to cut down the Ultimac but it works great. This is the package. He paid about $150 for the sight and the bracket. I think this is the one.

http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=402&categoryId=5

I'm considering the PA microdot for my 223 actually. Or I could put it on the Draco and use the Aimpoint on the 223. Either way. Maybe I'll just go with a Kobra for the 223. We'll see.

*Update*

Just put the Bulgarian HG from Black Betty onto the Draco, since Dinzag got me some K-var furniture. The heatshield didn't need to be modified at all to allow the Ultimak to be mounted. In fact, the screws on the Ultimak act as a stop for the lower HG so it can't move upward at all.

Dracobulgy.jpg

Here's what it'll look like if I ever SBR it:

SBR-Concept.jpg

Edited by Corbin
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Found a cool website application that lets you design your firearm with different stocks, sights, etc. It's called Pimp My Gun. Thought you might like it.

Here's one I did for my Draco. I'll eventually SBR it, but for now, I'm trying to decide on furniture color and muzzle attachments. Please feel free to give suggestions on furniture type and color, muzzle attachments, etc.

DracoConcepts2.jpg

I already have the Ultimak and micro red dot. It currently has the AMD HG, a black SAW grip (which the site doesn't have yet) and no muzzle attachment beyond a nut. I will take an actual pic later today.

Corbin

*EDIT* To add muzzle flash and pics......

The site didn't have the option for a SAW grip, I don't think. I'll have to see what I can do.

Dracoright.jpg

Dracoleftb.jpg

Closeup of 50 cent rubber stopper I drilled out and put on handle:

plug.jpg

Closeup of Ultimak and micro dot:

AimpointonUltimak.jpg

Yes, it co-witnesses:

Co-Witness.jpg

Did you modify the AMD handguard to fit and where did you aquire it?

Edited by Chirpinsquirrel

No modification at all. I think I got it from a forum member. I've since changed it out for a K-Var AK 100 style HG with stainless heat shield.

Dracobulgy.jpg

If you want the AMD hand guard, I'd sell it for $10.00 delivered. PM me

No modification at all. I think I got it from a forum member. I've since changed it out for a K-Var AK 100 style HG with stainless heat shield.

Dracobulgy.jpg

If you want the AMD hand guard, I'd sell it for $10.00 delivered. PM me

Looks Great Corbin...

I like your sling attachment, nice and simple. Does it rotate or is it fixed?