TO PEE OR NOT TO PEE----

In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

• Like 3

Sounds good to start, but how do you justify only checking that the only law they break is doing drugs? Is your problem that you just don't agree with drugs, making it a moral choice or do you value upholding all of the other laws we have? What about other legal activities like gambling? Totally legal but not a good choice for someone on welfare.....as if good decisions get you on welfare. How do we CONTROL the behavior of these welfare recipients? Lots of other bad things they can do besides illegal drugs.....like Booze for example. How much violence and criminal behavior results from Booze? Should we test them for alcohol and Gambling?

I'm certainly not saying they should spend money on Weed or Crack or Meth, just wondering where the line would be. Booze and Gambling are totally legal but among the top of things a welfare or food stamp recipient should not be doing.

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 3

I'll see you're piss test and raise you this:

If you don't pay taxes you don't get to vote.

After all, the government does not make money it only spends it.

So why should someone that doesn't contribute to the government through taxes have any say in how that money is spent?

• Like 3

I'll see you're piss test and raise you this:

If you don't pay taxes you don't get to vote.

After all, the government does not make money it only spends it.

So why should someone that doesn't contribute to the government through taxes have any say in how that money is spent?

Agreed! Not so sure we really have any say where it all goes though.......

• Like 1

Hello

If you are on welfare you don't procreate.

You don't procreate on my nickle.

And yes, that goes for you crimigrants, too.

-guido

All are excellent ideas, but then the politicians would lose their support base. Therefore it won't ever happen.

Here is the thing that confuses me... The more kids you have, the more tax breaks you get. Yet kids require more resources (schooling for 13 years at $12,000/Year for K-12) and don't contribute to the tax base until they turn 16 (or get a job whichever happens last). I don't buy the investment argument because we are currently bankrupt and in debt in the $TRILLIONS$. Shouldn't you pay more taxes for more kids rather than the other way around?

Currently 47% of the population pays nothing in Federal income taxes.

Hello

-guido

All are excellent ideas, but then the politicians would lose their support base. Therefore it won't ever happen.

Here is the thing that confuses me... The more kids you have, the more tax breaks you get. Yet kids require more resources (schooling for 13 years at $12,000/Year for K-12) and don't contribute to the tax base until they turn 16 (or get a job whichever happens last). I don't buy the investment argument because we are currently bankrupt and in debt in the $TRILLIONS$. Shouldn't you pay more taxes for more kids rather than the other way around?

Currently 47% of the population pays nothing in Federal income taxes.

Just remember, once it reaches 51%, it begins..........

Just remember, once it reaches 51%, it begins..........

The snake that's eating its own tail.

All we would have to do is take over satellite countries to have capital free industry like the Soviets did to sustain ourselves. Unfortunately Mexico has already taken over the U.S., so that means that Canada's the only way to go, eh.

Hello

Either that, or come to grips with the fact that the whole system has been allowed to slip from our grasp.

Once we accept that drastic measures may have to be taken to restore our liberties, "thinking outside of the box", as our Forefathers did, will be allowed, and required, in fact.

We will also be more aware of what pitfalls to avoid, such as those described above.

JMHO....

-guido

Hello

Either that, or come to grips with the fact that the whole system has been allowed to slip from our grasp.

Once we accept that drastic measures may have to be taken to restore our liberties, "thinking outside of the box", as our Forefathers did, will be allowed, and required, in fact.

We will also be more aware of what pitfalls to avoid, such as those described above.

JMHO....

-guido

IE, begins.............

Sounds good to start, but how do you justify only checking that the only law they break is doing drugs? Is your problem that you just don't agree with drugs, making it a moral choice or do you value upholding all of the other laws we have? What about other legal activities like gambling? Totally legal but not a good choice for someone on welfare.....as if good decisions get you on welfare. How do we CONTROL the behavior of these welfare recipients? Lots of other bad things they can do besides illegal drugs.....like Booze for example. How much violence and criminal behavior results from Booze? Should we test them for alcohol and Gambling?

I'm certainly not saying they should spend money on Weed or Crack or Meth, just wondering where the line would be. Booze and Gambling are totally legal but among the top of things a welfare or food stamp recipient should not be doing.

Yep, test them for all that too. Good idea Rob! Also the females of childbearing age must take Depo Provera while receiving welfare. Also males on welfare for more than 2 years shall be incentivized to get a vasectomy by giving them $200 to do so.

Edited by 690gr

In theory it sounds like a good idea. The reality is that it adds a huge layer of bureaucracy, expense and legal problems. I don't think in general that society wants to take a chance on negatively affecting the children of welfare recipients for things that their scumbags parents do.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying but personally, right now, I'm really not looking to give the government any more power than it has. Rep. Stark, in a Town Hall meeting, said the gov could pretty much do what it wants. This is what these people actually think!

Yep, test them for all that too. Good idea Rob! Also the females of childbearing age must take Depo Provera while receiving welfare. Also males on welfare for more than 2 years shall be incentivized to get a vasectomy by giving them $200 to do so.

Whoa!!! You crossed the line a ways back there, man. I'm very conservative in most respects, but more libertarian than authoritarian, so I generally disagree with compulsory uninalysis, let alone sterilization.

If someone's on parole/probation, that's different; but only in those cases.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Hello

-guido

So do you what do you suggest?

Sewing the girl's coochie shut?

Forced abortions?

Forcing implants, even if it goes against their religious beliefs?

The whole idea of welfare is to make a better lives for the children, so kicking them off would victimize those who are already helpless, so how would you implement your idea?

Whoa!!! You crossed the line a ways back there, man. I'm very conservative in most respects, but more libertarian than authoritarian, so I generally disagree with compulsory uninalysis, let alone sterilization.

I DON'T have a problem with any of this. If you are receiving welfare, and you get pregnant, then your welfare should STOP IMMEDIATELY! Apparently you are not responsible enough to use my tax dollars to help your family out and to find a freak'n job. THERE ARE JOBS OUT THERE, just probably not the cushy type everyone wants or dreams of, but they are starting points. What happened to the American way of 'whatever it takes'???? And get caught selling your food stamps for cash...immediate stoppage of them as well. Our system is broke. Period. If we started holding these people accountable for their actions, this type of shit would greatly decrease and eventually stop. My God, I could just see all of the riots, law-suits (ACLU), etc., etc. Just imagine: No more handouts for irresponsible AMERICANS. Wow, what a concept. Also, how about giving those of us that are 'responsible' tax breaks, such as many countries do....the fewer kids, the more tax breaks. This type of irresponsible behavior is running this country into bankruptcy! Look at the states that have MASSIVE DEFICITS. They are welfare states. I have no problem with welfare, unemployment, or food stamps. I do have a problem with people who abuse the system...and God, we know that is just a small percentage, right? My ass.

Edited by sjgusmc21

Hello

Ditto that, sgjusmc21. We talking about welfare (a helping hand) or an "entitlement"?

I think perpetuating this "entitlement mentality" is a lot of our problem right now.

This "Gimme MY money" crap has to stop.

Show you appreciate and respect it or find a job.

JMHO....

-guido

OK, I see your point... I would not make the Depo shot compulsory to get welfare... just free to those on Medicaid. Notice I did offer $200 to get a vasectomy if your on welfare for over two years so it was not compulsory. I think the marketing on not having to use a condom anymore + $200 would work well. I agree with you post-A, I worded it a bit strongly as I was thinking about my deadbeat neighbor while I was typing.

Edited by 690gr

Hello

-guido

Forced abortions?

The whole idea of welfare is to make a better lives for the children, so kicking them off would victimize those who are already helpless, so how would you implement your idea?

I would say the whole idea of welfare is to make a permanent underclass that will always need the help of the very political party that is exploiting it.

Plus Pauly I'm talking about welfare in the very general sense i.e entitlements. Not aid for children in poverty.

Edited by 690gr

Hello

-guido

Forced abortions?

I would say the whole idea of welfare is to make a permanent underclass that will always need the help of the very political party that is exploiting it.

Plus Pauly I'm talking about welfare in the very general sense i.e entitlements. Not aid for children in poverty.

Unfortunately children of junkies will never get the benefits of the hand-outs because Mom or Dad's next fix is where all of that $$$ goes.

The kids don't get the money.

Hence why drug testing is a good thing IMO.

Child Protective Services rarely intercedes even when it is blatantly obvious that neglect and abuse are taking place. Yet if you spank your kids or try to teach them the concepts of authority and responsibility for your actions, CPS will be interrogating you for the next ten years. My Step-Father-In-Law's kid got arrested for stealing and as his dad's punishment, he had to hold a sign on the street with his dad standing beside him that read "I stole from my teacher". My Step-Father-In-Law was arrested for abuse by CPS.

Again to my statement of the government rewarding irresponsibility... these drugged out creeps get additional monetary benefits because they have more and more kids, despite their blatant disregard for their kids' well-being. This is why more and more kids are in special-ed... Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Drug Babies (and ADD & ADHD) are on the rise because responsible parents are procreating less and less and irresponsible junkies get paid to shit out babies.

My parents are both teachers and CPS doesn't do shit when tweaker parents of their students get arrested for possession and/or intent to sell, and yet their kids wear the same set of clothes every single day of the week and have serious hygiene problems. CPS states it would be harmful to remove the children from their parents in those cases.

If you are funding your drug habit (recreational or otherwise) without stealing or breaking other laws (besides possession and use of the narcotic) and without taxpayer assistance for you or your offspring, then get high all you want. When your habit starts costing me money is when I have a serious problem with it.