2008 3 hole gun

Trigger guard= made by me

Forend= made by me

Extended mag release= made by me

Left side bolt handle= made by me from an AK piston

AR stock

Tapco SAW grip

MSA stock adapter

1st Gen JT AGP magwell (I should have a second generation at my door next week, maybe for this, or another build.)

gallery_20718_478_53310.jpg

But I have a fever... and the only cure... is not a cowbell.

What is she missing?

Easy, she is missing a sexy girl holding her ;)

2008 3 hole gun

Trigger guard= made by me

Forend= made by me

Extended mag release= made by me

Left side bolt handle= made by me from an AK piston

AR stock

Tapco SAW grip

MSA stock adapter

1st Gen JT AGP magwell (I should have a second generation at my door next week, maybe for this, or another build.)

gallery_20718_478_53310.jpg

What is she missing?

• Like 1

A well tuned short throw FCG since you didn't list it, and a good set of sights to your likes. You posted you just got rid of the Ex, so depending on which way you want to go with it, some unobstructed time to go shooting or a new poster girl for the pics. You have all the freedom in the world today, do what makes you happy:super:

Good point... I probably could upgrade the sights a bit. But, unless I hang that big Krebs front sight, I will have to get creative and make a new handguard with a top rail to mount it on.

I have H&K sights laying around actually, but if I don't go with a holosight like an eotech or such, I will want the longest sight radius I can get.

This is the end of summer term so I will have a few weeks off to play with the new girl, and with the weapons. I'll get some good picks for you guys with a hot naked chick and the gun.

I was thinking about trying to build either a big thread-on break, if I can keep it light enough, or maybe even a folder hinge for that stock.

I do need to cut off that side mount as well. Grrrrr... I don't look forward to dealing with those rivets.

If I build the forend out of another section of the same material, but TIGed on topand going over the dust cover, I could keep it pretty light.... Hmmm... and it would allow me to still use the factory sight or the Krebs front blade. I have another forend I made that was just too crazy looking... If I put a top piece on her going back over the receiver, I will have over half of the gun covered with smooth aluminum. Interesting... It might be just crazy enough to be cool.

I will have to do some research into what pressures I'm dealing with for the brake. I really don't want to have one grenade on me, but milled block, or bolted plates should let me put one together pretty easily.

I might make a LRBHO for it. I don't like the designs out there, and it wouldn't be a big deal to get one cut out on the laser table. A drop in LRBHO, no permanent mods required to mag or gun. I should be able to do that in a week or two.

post-20718-034956200 1281036741_thumb.jpg

If I build the forend out of another section of the same material, but TIGed on topand going over the dust cover, I could keep it pretty light.... Hmmm... and it would allow me to still use the factory sight or the Krebs front blade. I have another forend I made that was just too crazy looking... If I put a top piece on her going back over the receiver, I will have over half of the gun covered with smooth aluminum. Interesting... It might be just crazy enough to be cool.

I will have to do some research into what pressures I'm dealing with for the brake. I really don't want to have one grenade on me, but milled block, or bolted plates should let me put one together pretty easily.

I might make a LRBHO for it. I don't like the designs out there, and it wouldn't be a big deal to get one cut out on the laser table. A drop in LRBHO, no permanent mods required to mag or gun. I should be able to do that in a week or two.

Any chance of these LRBHOs going on sale? :angel:

Very nice setup. I'm going to have to recommend an upgrade to the sights, too. Other than that, she looks more than good-to-go.

Nonsense. More cowbell is always a good thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyV2cPLuFuA&feature=related

It all depends on your personal preference, but I think the factory sights are pretty great if you're going to be using this at 50 yards or less. I like shotguns with no sights/bead best. Perhaps grind off the front factory sight and use a nice tritium front bead? I barely even use the rear sight during rapid fire, factory bead works great for me at 15-25 yard shots rapid fire.

Or, leave them as is, and use one of those J-Point mounts and a Burris Fastfire II at the rear? Nice and small, and gives you a holo sight. It's all up to you though, like I said I find the HK/AR sights to be overkill on a gun doing birdshot half the time anyway. Maybe if you intend to do slugs often it would be worth it for sure. But then again, a nice red dot will accomplish that and preserve your simple sights.

Either way you have a really nice gun. I'd focus on keeping it simple. Also, another vote here for the Poly Choke, best muzzle device for the S-12 IMO. They also make one with standoffs now too if you want a breacher type device and still retain the choke.

Any chance of these LRBHOs going on sale? :angel:

I'm not really looking to get involved in THAT war...

If my idea works, and you guys like it, sure. I'll share. But right now I don't think the board needs more drama from a non-vendor who just likes to build his own mousetraps.

Get that AR selector switch from R&R Targets, I think that looks CLEAN!!!

Mike

Ooohh.... VERY good idea. I wonder how tough that will be to make? I was going to dump the side mount anyway. I can't use it with the left side bolt handle. An ambidextrous AR or H&K selector would have to mount on a shaft with a cut-out to clear and then engage the tail of the trigger plate. That mounts it lower and farther away from the BHO as well....

Maybe I do need to get that mount off soon rather than later.

Well here she is for her second real shakedown run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZsBGlJXTLg

I haven't done my final fitting on the mags, they tested ok empty, but fully loaded one or two are still a little sticky. No big deal, I just need to trim that one as much as the second one that snaps right in.

I'm still getting used to her, but she's coming along well, and eats ammo... even that cheap "Centurion" low brass I was running there. No FTF, no FTE.

Edited by Heath_h49008

The only things I would recommend are shortening and rethreading the barrel at 18 1/8" from the breech face and shortening the forearm to about 1/4" shy of the end of the gas block. It makes it easier to get to that plug detent without a 'tool'. From the sound of it though, it seems that you really like the look of the long handguard. It does make the barrel look shorter, but I prefer better serviceability over form. Looks great though and I really like the use of that particular AR stock. It makes the weapon look much lighter and less bulky.

BTW MORE MAG DUMPS!!!! :smoke:

I'm tending to agree Pauli. The recoil, even with that stock and no pad, is not bad.

So, I really don't need the break...

I may build the extended uber forend with "Extended Rail" on the top... but probably only for my own amusement.

I'm cutting out my LRBHO on the laser today, I'll see if my tinkering works before I start building my AR/H&K style safety. Oh yeah, I need to dump the side mount.

I think I have my next two weeks of playtime worked out.