Well recently there has been some discussion as to whether or not there should be beans in your chili.

I hate polls, so just post up fellas.

For the record, there should be no beans in chili....... if it's on a freaking hot dog!

If it's the main course, there should be beans, and lots of them. There is just something wrong with people who eat hot dog chili for the main course.

Oh, and one last thing, don't you guys start talking trash about hot sauce either. I don't want this thread to wind up in fight club and me ending up being suspended for it. 021.gif018.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and beans

Well if we're going to Google for verification:         :lolol:

Beans bitches. You can ridicule and mock me all day long. It doesn't matter, what you call chili, we put on hot dogs.     I say again, beans...............   And you will notice that Google sur

Posted Images

If you want more of a filler in your meal, then yes add beans ( I eat em for the protein). If you want more of a traditional chili dont use beans.

Traditional for who? Yankees? Us southern boys only eat that crap on our red hotdogs.

If you want more of a filler in your meal, then yes add beans ( I eat em for the protein). If you want more of a traditional chili dont use beans.

Traditional for who? Yankees? Us southern boys only eat that crap on our red hotdogs.

I was born in Michigan, but raised with southern recipes. As for traditional old old style chili didnt really have beans. In the desert areas (cow folk lands) beens wouldnt grow worth a damn cause of the lack of moisture, so many families only used meat. Granted they threw in what ever they could find.

IMO rabbit chili is the best chili on this planet (next to squirrel chili).

I was born in Michigan, but raised with southern recipes. As for traditional old old style chili didnt really have beans. In the desert areas (cow folk lands) beens wouldnt grow worth a damn cause of the lack of moisture, so many families only used meat. Granted they threw in what ever they could find.

IMO rabbit chili is the best chili on this planet (next to squirrel chili).

Hell yeah, Rabbit chili!!! Never tried the squirrel. Rabbit enchiladas rock.

If you want more of a filler in your meal, then yes add beans ( I eat em for the protein).

If I want more of a filler in my chili......I put in more meat. :super:

Almost everything is better with beans.

THIS RIGHT HERE^^^^^^^^^^^

GPD, this is the first time I've ever disagreed with you. :lolol:

NO BEANS!!! Ruins the flavor

This man is a genius.

Chili is made with meat! fucking MEAT!!!!!

This man is also a genius.

Chevy, raidersfan, and myself will be at the far end of the table, eating our chili.......while you other weirdos are eating some sort of meat-n-beans concoction, which is not chili.

So to reiterate........I don't like beans in my chili, whether said chili is on a hotdog, or in a bowl as the main course. Keep that shit away from me or FISTS WILL BE THROWN! :lolol:

For the record, there should be no beans in chili....... if it's on a freaking hot dog!

If it's the main course, there should be beans, and lots of them. There is just something wrong with people who eat hot dog chili for the main course.

If I want lots of beans (which I never do), I'll fill up a bowl with beans and eat them. I'm not gonna pollute a perfectly good batch of chili with that stuff. :D

What!?! How can you have chili with out beans :eek:

Now that I think about it though, there must be a proper proportion of beans and meat. Something like 25% beans 70% meat and the rest should be hot stuff. And that hot stuff better be real hot.

Green chili? WTF is that?

You know, the snotty looking stuff in mexican food.

• Like 1

Now that I think about it though, there must be a proper proportion of beans and meat. Something like 25% beans 70% meat

I prefer my chili proportions as follows: 100% meat, 50% meat, 0% beans, and 62% meat.

Mmmmm, meat on top of meat with a side of meat. That does sound good.

• Like 2

Now that I think about it though, there must be a proper proportion of beans and meat. Something like 25% beans 70% meat

I prefer my chili proportions as follows: 100% meat, 50% meat, 0% beans, and 62% meat.

Mmmmm, meat on top of meat with a side of meat. That does sound good.

Why yes....yes it does. :super:

Beans-33% Meat-33% Tomatoes, onions, garlic, HOT peppers and chocolate, 33%total. 1% whatever I feel like adding. NO ONE doesn't like my chili!

Oh, and the meat can be beef, pork. bacon (YUM!) venison, marmot (groundhog), squirrel, rabbit, cat, anything except seafood or poultry.

Edited by patriot

Beans-33% Meat-33% Tomatoes, onions, garlic, HOT peppers and chocolate, 33%total. 1% whatever I feel like adding. NO ONE doesn't like my chili!

Chocolate? Interesting. In what form? Like coco powder or something........or are you dumping Hershey's chocolate syrup from a squeeze bottle, into your chili? :eek: