The two hypothetical scenarios are:

(1.) for whatever reason you can only own 1 gun period. It can be any gun with no restrictions. When it breaks you have to do any repairs yourself depending on being able to find or make the parts, when it’s gone its gone no replacement.

(2.) Has the same restrictions except you can have 1 of each: a shotgun, a rifle, a pistol, and a rimfire in a long or hand gun.

The supply of ammunitions and gun parts is at the same levels as they are today.

Any thoughts on this?

I know in the second scenario guns that share interchangeable components would be way up on my list.

post-20842-0-59770800-1289571131_thumb.jpg

Edited by going12220

Shotgun = my converted S-12. (obviously).

Rifle = A good PSL 7.62x54r. (same platform as the Saiga, so I'm familiar with maintenance and I have a lot of cheap ammo)

Rimfire = My Kel-Tec PMR30 pistol. (two 30 round mags of .22mag is sweet)

Only one would be a blackpowder rifle, since I know how to make it plus it never has much that breaks or run out of ammo since you never listed the ammo supply issue...lol

On that same principle for three gun would be all flintlock black powder pistol scattergun and rifle...may sound weird but just to know forever is a long time and even 3000 rounds would go quickly against the other highlanders...lol

Only one would be a blackpowder rifle, since I know how to make it plus it never has much that breaks or run out of ammo since you never listed the ammo supply issue...lol

Then your powder gets wet and your up shit creek.:ded:

Just put it in a pan over the fire & dry it out.

^_^

^_^

Wait are we talking about making crack?

• Like 1

1. H&R single shot Buffalo Classic 45-70

Not much to break in a single shot. The 45-70 has the distance of a rifle and the knock down power of a shotgun. With larger loads (500gr) can take down a moose a bear a buffalo or a pearson. Fairly accurate. You dont need much to reload your own ammo (spent casing, lead, field reload kit that can fit into any small pouch, primer, powder) Can reload with black powder or modern powder.

2. My Mak90, My Saiga 12 and My Tok or a CZ75

I'd go for more American guns.

Remington 700 in either .308 or 30-06

A ruger revolver in .357

A 12 gauge pump, maybe an 870

A Marlin lever action 22

Very popular guns, spare parts will be around, most popular ammo,

and people won't think you're Russian.

Cool topic!

(1.) Only one:

- Saiga 7.62x39

(2.) One of each type:

- Saiga 7.62x39

- Mossberg 500

- Glock 19

- Henry lever or bolt action .22lr rifle

Classy, why the Henry over a Marlin lever gun?

I happen to like that particular brand a lot and own one, however I would have no problem at all with a Marlin bolt or lever in that spot as they are great guns too.

Cool topic!

(1.) Only one:

- Saiga 7.62x39

(2.) One of each type:

- Saiga 7.62x39

- Mossberg 500

- Glock 19

- Henry lever or bolt action .22lr rifle

Classy, why the Henry over a Marlin lever gun?

I happen to like that particular brand a lot and own one, however I would have no problem at all with a Marlin bolt or lever in that spot as they are great guns too.

I own neither, would love a lever 22. Henry's certainly cost a lot less.

^_^

Hey long after you guys are all out of ammo because you cant bring a re-loader the scenerio was kinda eeeh...I will always be able to pistol and mortar some gunpowder and use a rock if lead is gone...lol Plus I got a 6 foot club...lol

Edited by DJ Big Dog

Why am I playing along with this?

(1)

Ithaca M37 shotgun, 14" Kyle Reese Special

(2)

Ithaca M37 shotgun

ROF L42A1 Lee Enfield rifle

Ruger 77/22 rimfire rifle, with a suppressor if the rules allow it

H&K P7M8 pistol

It's tough to pick "only one" when you don't know what it's going to be used for, but I'll try......

My "Highlander" gun would probably be some sort of Krinkov styled setup. Probably Bulgarian. I'd likely add an Ultimak and T1/H1 micro dot sight. I don't remember who this picture belongs to, but I saw it a while back and liked it.

107uragainsttree.jpg

For each category:

The above SBR, either in 5.45 or 7.62. No FA needed, though it might be fun. :rolleyes:

My Saiga 12

My Glock 23 with spare 9mm barrel and mags

My Ruger 77/22, but with integral suppressor

Walther P-22 with Gemtech suppressor

if it was one gun

StammbuchProductsNewsExtrasContactGunsEngravingsWood classes

DRILLING 96K | 96KS - DRILLING WITHOUT CONFUSION

The basis Merkel drilling is built around the 96K three-lock system; this gun is the all-rounder in the small game hunting ground. The system is a technical delicacy, which makes drillings as elegant as they are efficient. The Blitz locks are controlled via the three-position cocking slide on the stock tang. The front trigger is fitted with a set trigger for the precision shot. Depending on the position of the cocking slide, the right barrel or lower barrel can be fired in the engaged position. The 96KS version is fitted with long side plates.

DetailsDRILLING 96K | 96KS: three lock system (Blitz locks) with manual cocking slide | steel receiver | Greener style cross bolt and double bottom bite | double trigger with set trigger | pistol grip; cheek piece and hogsback comb | rubber butt plate

Technical dataSHOTGUN CALIBER: 12/76, 20/76

RIFLE CALIBER: .223 Rem., 243. Win., 7x57R, 7x65R, .308 Win., .30R Blaser, .30-06, 8x57IRS, 9,3x74R

CHOKE: improved cylinder - 1/2 (steel-shot proofed), 1/4 - 3/4, 1/2 - 1/1

BARREL LENGTH: cal. 12 (55 cm and 60 cm), cal. 20 (55 cm)

OVERALL LENGTH: 98 cm or 103 cm

WEIGHT: app. 3,1 kg

WOOD CLASS: basic wood class 2

SitemapLegal noticesTerms

post-20842-0-51325700-1289653613_thumb.jpg

Only one: Russian mfg. AKM (Tough choice over M16A4 with fixed 3x Unertl optic)

1.) AKM - 'nuff said

2.) Shotty: Winchester 1897 "Trench Gun" - rock solid plus no disconnector if SHTF in CQB.

3.) Pistol: M9 (Beretta 92F) - Large capacity, reliable, common so good for spare parts, most common caliber.

4.) Rimfire: 10/22 integrally suppressed. :smoke:

Edited by 690gr