I called in an order to sportsmans guide to take advantage of the 4 pay deal, and get some Xmas gifts... When I looked at the thing below the ammo I wanted... I saw this...

WARNING: You must be 21 or older to purchase Ammunition. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm.

WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to AL; CA; CT; FL; HI; IL; IN; KS; KY; LA; Annapolis, MD; Montgomery county, MD; MI; NV; NJ; NY; OK; OR; RI; TX; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.

WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyone know anything about it?? I guess I am off to google this... WTF?!?!? little by little they take more and more of your rights away... and FUCK YOU in the process! :angry::evil:

And WTF?!?!? OKLAHOMA??!?!?!?

You can have all the FA firearms you want there... but you cannot get ammo delivered to you!?!?!? Thats just fucking WRONG...

:smoke:

NOTE...

this is SPORTSMAN'S GUIDE ONLY....

Cheaper than dirt still says they can ship, and I bet the other ammo places will too... WTF is WRONG with Sportsman's guide?!?!?!?

Do they realize how much money they are going to lose cause of this?!?!?!?!

I called in an order to sportsmans guide to take advantage of the 4 pay deal, and get some Xmas gifts... When I looked at the thing below the ammo I wanted... I saw this...

WARNING: You must be 21 or older to purchase Ammunition. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm.

WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to AL; CA; CT; FL; HI; IL; IN; KS; KY; LA; Annapolis, MD; Montgomery county, MD; MI; NV; NJ; NY; OK; OR; RI; TX; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.

WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyone know anything about it?? I guess I am off to google this... WTF?!?!? little by little they take more and more of your rights away... and FUCK YOU in the process! :angry::evil:

And WTF?!?!? OKLAHOMA??!?!?!?

You can have all the FA firearms you want there... but you cannot get ammo delivered to you!?!?!? Thats just fucking WRONG...

Talk with your wallet and shop elsewhere, is what I'd do. But if you email them, be sure to post their response. I'd love to hear the reasoning.

Meanwhile, check out Ammunition To Go, Wideners, AIMSurplus, etc, etc, etc, for your ammo needs. I ordered from all of them at some point, when I was still in NY and none had a problem with shipping ammo to me.

(I'm not a fan of CTD.....at all, on any level. I still don't, and probably won't ever, forgive them for their election-time price whoring. And THEN lying and saying it was because the manufacturers are the ones who raised the prices, so they had to too. Bullshit. They were selling PMags for like $60 each, saying it's because Magpul raised their prices around election time. Then Magpul publicly announced that they had not increased their at all. Which was even further backed up by the fact that they, themselves, still had PMags for $15 on their site, and other Magpul distributors had not raised their prices, either. I mean if you want to jack up your prices to $400 per mag, fine. I just won't buy from you. But when you blatantly lie, and say the price increase of because of the manufacturer's price increase? That's crossing the line, IMO. Nothing like trying to cash in on political fears, by using blatant lies. CTD can go choke on a bag of giant cocks and burn to the ground, as far as I'm concerned. But anyway, we're getting off track. Sorry for the rant.)

I avoid vendors that inject politics into commerce.

Ammoman is not injecting politics into commerce. NJ law requires a state license to sell ammunition and/or guns, and the administrative code the licensees are bound to (under penalty of losing their license) is that all sales to NJ residents must be logged and an NJ FID must be shown at time of purchase. That is why Ammoman can't ship to NJ residents and they have to go pick it up. Or just buy from an out of state ammo site who can ship it right to their door.

Also, gun politics in NJ are completely awful, there is a "tradition" here of "no guns for commoners" and there has been for over a hundred years. Gun control here runs far deeper than simple "liberal/conservative" lines. Our current Republican conservative governor Chris Christie appointed a very anti-gun Attorney General who shut down all CMP sales to NJ (must go through an FFL now) and also "re-interpeted" the definition of "handgun ammunition" to include basically every caliber there is for purposes of the above mentioned log book, Christie will not do anything even remotely pro-gun. In fact it's almost hilarious because since the election and now, Chris Christie has has done more to diminish my gun rights than Obama....

One of Chris Christie's 1995 State Assembly campaign flyers:

post-21696-0-87592100-1291589275_thumb.jpg

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

This is what I see when I click on a particular rifle/pistol caliber at Sportsman's Guide.

Beats the fuck outta me as to what your seeing. :unsure:

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Ammunition. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm. WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties, CA; Carson, Berkeley, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA; HI; Chicago, IL; New York City; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. If shipping to IA, must be 21. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.
Edited by ChileRelleno

Well, maybe your not on drugs :rolleyes:

When I clicked on some .50 cal, I got part of your notice.

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Ammunition. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm. WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to AL; CA; CT; FL; HI; IL; NJ; NY; OK; RI; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. If shipping to IA, must be 21. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.

EDIT: I called SMG and the CSR couldn"t give any details, said to call CS tomorrow.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I avoid vendors that inject politics into commerce.

Ammoman is not injecting politics into commerce. NJ law requires a state license to sell ammunition and/or guns, and the administrative code the licensees are bound to (under penalty of losing their license) is that all sales to NJ residents must be logged and an NJ FID must be shown at time of purchase. That is why Ammoman can't ship to NJ residents and they have to go pick it up. Or just buy from an out of state ammo site who can ship it right to their door.

Also, gun politics in NJ are completely awful, there is a "tradition" here of "no guns for commoners" and there has been for over a hundred years. Gun control here runs far deeper than simple "liberal/conservative" lines. Our current Republican conservative governor Chris Christie appointed a very anti-gun Attorney General who shut down all CMP sales to NJ (must go through an FFL now) and also "re-interpeted" the definition of "handgun ammunition" to include basically every caliber there is for purposes of the above mentioned log book, Christie will not do anything even remotely pro-gun. In fact it's almost hilarious because since the election and now, Chris Christie has has done more to diminish my gun rights than Obama....

One of Chris Christie's 1995 State Assembly campaign flyers:

post-21696-0-87592100-1291589275_thumb.jpg

:ded: They know damn well that any non-gunner who sees that poster is going to assume "automatic =full automatic/machine gun", and probably agree. Fucking politicians.

This is what I see when I click on a particular rifle/pistol caliber at Sportsman's Guide.

Beats the fuck outta me as to what your seeing. :unsure:

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Ammunition. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm. WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties, CA; Carson, Berkeley, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA; HI; Chicago, IL; New York City; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. If shipping to IA, must be 21. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.

Well, maybe your not on drugs :rolleyes:

When I clicked on some .50 cal, I got your notice.

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Ammunition. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm. WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to AL; CA; CT; FL; HI; IL; NJ; NY; OK; RI; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. If shipping to IA, must be 21. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.

Yeah, I just checked the other common ammos; .45, .40, 9mm, 7.62x39, .223.....and it didn't have the super restrictive disclaimer. Just the one you posted first.

So maybe it was the .50 that Indy was looking at, because IIRC, he has one.

Either way.....it still doesn't make sense. Did you email them, Indy? If not, I will, and will post up the response.

I will be calling them tomorrow. I want to know WTF?

As far as I know, Alabama has no restrictions on ammo/weapons, other than firearms disguised as Walking Canes.

We can even finally have SBR/SBS as of middle of this year. :smoke:

This is horseshit.

I will be calling them tomorrow. I want to know WTF?

As far as I know, Alabama has no restrictions on ammo/weapons, other than firearms disguised as Walking Canes.

We can even finally have SBR/SBS as of middle of this year. :smoke:

This is horseshit.

Let us know what they say.

NY has ZERO ammo restrictions... ( at least not outside of the "CITY"... ) I can buy armor peircing incendiary 50 bmg rounds... ( and have quite a few... :up: )

Actually... I wanted to purchase some X54R stuff... That was the particular ammo not able to ship here. :huh: WTF?!?

I *REALLY WANTED* to use the Sportsman's guide, because I could not only get the 4 pay deal for orders over 150.00... I was going to get FREE shipping too... So it was BENEFICIAL to shop with them... I didnt NEED to buy ammo... but because the misses bought a bunch of xmas presents through them, I was going to tack on a few hundred bucks worth of goodies... and make out on shipping charges and not have to dump a few hundred all at once. :rolleyes: Their loss.

Ah well.. FUCK EM

Just went on site. Only prohibition was the same old ones as before. Been getting ammo elsewhere lately do to price. Evevn with discounts and coupons thier .308 german is $50 per 1,000 higher than AIM. And PMC .223 just as over priced. ordered 3,000 and 2,000 rds respectly Fri. :smoke:

Man, they are all fucked up... Someone got really stupid, it makes no sense. :031:

Wolf Gold 180gr SP 54R shows

WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties, CA; Carson, Berkeley, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA; HI; Chicago, IL; New York City; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. If shipping to IA, must be 21. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.

And regular black box Wolf 148gr FMJ 54R shows

I've never ordered ammo from them, but if they wanna be stupid, I'll stop all dealings with'em.

I'm a Club Member and with the discount some things are good-great deals, e.g. the 10 packs of Romanian milsurp AK47 steel mags.

I will post their reply tomorrow night.

Edited by ChileRelleno

That would be wierd as I usually order from them to my NJ address without any issues.. 308/762x39 etc..

that would be VERY sad for them.. :cryss: there shipping is CHEAPER than CTD to here..

Let us know..

I know PISTOL ammo is restricted here to FID card holders.. the last kid said 308 is now/could be.. handgun ammo.. :lolol:

I don't 308 handguns would be VERY common.. :lolol:

Gave me a box with just my DL (nothing logged).. :super:

same with Dicks in Burlington, NJ... depends on the guy/gal running the counter..

I bought 7.62x39 and 308 Win. from SPG two months ago. I didn't even think to check on restrictions and they didn't volunteer any.

A few years back, I ordered a repro bayonnet from SPG, and they told me they were restricted from sending it to Texas. I told them that Texas had no such restrictions (I order bayonnets from other sources all the time) and that they were making a mistake. They explained that the restrictions originated in their state and they were very sorry for the inconvenience.

Everyone knows that Gubmint can run a business better than the owners.

I live in Okla and tried to buy some .50BMG on a 4 pay plan not too long ago. They informed me that they would not ship the ammo to Okla, I asked why, because its not illegal to..... the best the CSR could do was say it was an internal SPG policy and she didnt have the faintest idea why.

Although I was pissed because I cannot afford to plop down the 400 bucks at once that I was going to pay out with the 4 pay plan, it wasnt the CSR's fault so I told her to tell her bosses that Wideners got the money I was going to spend on ammo at SPG and hung up.

I then went and bought 100 bucks of BMG ammo at Wideners.

As far as I know no other ammo at SPG is banned for shipment to Okla, just the .50BMG

Edited by waltham_41

I'm going to find out why tomorrow, I want a answer.

I can buy Wolf Gold 180gr 54R, but not regular Wolf 148gr 54R? I can't buy .50cal? What else is arbitrarily banned by SMG to AL and other States?

I'm a trucker and will have hours while on the road to sit on hold, as I chase this bullshit down... How many supervisors will I have to talk too... Now taking bets.

Very strange! Especially the restriction on shipping to a state like Texas. I live in Texas, and I have purchased a lot of ammo from Sportsman's Guide (including some which shipped just a few days ago) without any problems at all. I guess it must just be certain kinds of ammo, or it is an error.

NOPE... It is NOT A MISTAKE...

It is *NEW SPORTSMANS GUIDE CORPORATE POLICY*

Thats what I was informed today on the phone by them...

Oh well... They just screwed the pooch and shit the bed... :rolleyes:

Fuck you Sportsmans Guide. I will spend my money ELSEWHERE...

Indy, are you sure that this is not a sales tax issue? Some companies are not set up to deal with it in every state.

I'm not totally up on internet commerce........but I was under the impression that as long as the vendor wasn't in your state, sales tax is non-existent. I know I've never paid sales tax on an item bought online from an out of state vendor.

• Like 1

Indy, are you sure that this is not a sales tax issue? Some companies are not set up to deal with it in every state.

I'm not totally up on internet commerce........but I was under the impression that as long as the vendor wasn't in your state, sales tax is non-existent. I know I've never paid sales tax on an item bought online from an out of state vendor.

No, actually 22 states have a "Use Tax" on items purchased out of state and delivered to you. "It is assessed upon otherwise "tax free" tangible personal property purchased by a resident of the assessing state for use, storage or consumption of goods in that state (not for resale), regardless of where the purchase took place."

You don't pay sales tax at the time of purchase,but the Use Tax is supposed to be filed yearly when you do your taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_tax

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

No, actually 22 states have a "Use Tax" on items purchased out of state and delivered to you. "It is assessed upon otherwise "tax free" tangible personal property purchased by a resident of the assessing state for use, storage or consumption of goods in that state (not for resale), regardless of where the purchase took place."

You don't pay sales tax at the time of purchase,but the Use Tax is supposed to be filed yearly when you do your taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_tax

Interesting, thanks for the link. Never heard of it before.