• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank god i sold my AR-15 last night, from now on I'm doing only Russian weapons.

Hey, how about a little love for the AK-74? No recoil, accurate, and the 5.45x39 round does things ballistics wise the .223 doesn't....

I love both my AR in 5.56 and my AK in 7.62x39, Pros & Cons for both rifles. I can consistently bang steel (new 12" gong at our range ) all the day long at 400 yards with the AR... I can't do

Posted Images

Thank god i sold my AR-15 last night, from now on I'm doing only Russian weapons.

Good job, i made the switch years ago.

im surprised some still admit that mistake..back in 1986 it was the green label 15's of which at least a dozen were in the shop or that little darling kengs poly for $189...got me 3 of those little darlings at $189 each back then..they are still hugged and fondled to this day...

I like a little bit of everything. An AR platform is good for the 5.56x45

round, and that has its place. It certainly is more accurate than my SKS

is, though that is probably the fault of that rifle, not the 7.62x39

round.

To me, you only get to real rifles once you get up to the 7.62x63. :lolol:

The 7.62x51 is a good round, but the 7.62x39 is too much bullet pushed by

too little powder, in my opinion. Neither it nor the 5.56x45 are particularly

awesome; there's a reason the M14 rules the sandbox over there.

Sure, I'll have some rifles that shoot all that. I think the AR platform, with

lightweight ammo, collapsible stocks, and accessories out the ass is an IDEAL

youth and woman's gun. I think the AK platform is wonderful for cheap shooting

and rugged guns. But, I won't deer hunt with either.

• Like 1

What was wrong with the AR? I have a Stag lower and got a RRA 5.56 20" Wylde barrel in a 1X8 and could not be happier...

I have had the AR for a year or so, and ever since i bought a saiga 7.62 and my friend bought an SGL21 i wanted to compare the AR vs AK, and to me there is no comparison, night and day. And i finally got rid of it :super:

I like a little bit of everything. An AR platform is good for the 5.56x45

round, and that has its place. It certainly is more accurate than my SKS

is, though that is probably the fault of that rifle, not the 7.62x39

round.

To me, you only get to real rifles once you get up to the 7.62x63. :lolol:

The 7.62x51 is a good round, but the 7.62x39 is too much bullet pushed by

too little powder, in my opinion. Neither it nor the 5.56x45 are particularly

awesome; there's a reason the M14 rules the sandbox over there.

Sure, I'll have some rifles that shoot all that. I think the AR platform, with

lightweight ammo, collapsible stocks, and accessories out the ass is an IDEAL

youth and woman's gun. I think the AK platform is wonderful for cheap shooting

and rugged guns. But, I won't deer hunt with either.

Thats why I like the .45, big heavy round. The 7.62x39mm is a very good CQC round up to 200 yards. I dont even need to say anything about the 51mm do I? Its my fav.

I also think the FN SCAR heavy (762x51mm) will be phasing out the M14 along with the armalite sass, especially when the DMR version hits the sandbox, if it has not already.

Not sure why you can't enjoy both, I have plenty of each of love all of them. They are each unique and have their own strengths/weaknesses.

Yes, of course, i loved my M16 in the military, and i loved my AR-15 as a civilian, but i think its time to move on to the Rock solid AK now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not sure why you can't enjoy both, I have plenty of each of love all of them. They are each unique and have their own strengths/weaknesses.

My thoughts exactly. I've said here many times; I love both platforms, and won't be soon giving up either, to consolidate to the other.

To each his own.

• Like 1

No reason to sell your AR I have 3 spikes tactical AR-15 rifles, 1 spikes tactical AR-pistol, a M&P 15, 2 SAR-2's, a bulg. AK-74 side folder,a S-20 and 3 S-12's(one is still on lay-a-way) It is nice to have a choice of weapons cause when the SHTF you never know what spare ammo you are going to find it would be hell to only have a 7.62x39 rifle and only find 5.56x45 ammo JMO.

Edited by SCHULTZE

I love the 74s I have 3 right now and 2 RPK-74 receivers trying to find part kits for them and the next project will be a krinkov. The 5.45x39 round kicks ass steel cored and what it does to a soft target is incrediable. It is a under rated round that deserives more attention but if that happen then the price goes up so lets keep it on the down low.

• Like 2

I love AR's. My DPMS bull 20 is dead nuts accurate,but I also love all AK variants. On SOG the other night Will dumps one in the sand ,and then in the mud. Shot like a dream.

I watched a test on a Socom 16 where the guy crawled through the mud like the ad ,and he got one maybe two shots off and it was done. We all no what happens when AR's get dirty.

Nothing wrong with ARs. I just wont buy one until "they" make an affordable one with a gas piston. You still cant beat Saigas IMHO.027.gif

Piston ARs have carrier tilt and the only benefit you get from the piston is with short gas systems not cooking your extractor. A midlength DI gun mitigates that issue by 80% and a rifle length mitigates it's entirely without tilting your carrier and gouging your upper until the BC won't enter the receiver extension.

The only piston AR that does not do this(and subsequently the only one I would own) would be the HK and only if someone gave it to me for free ;)

I think the AR platform, with lightweight ammo, collapsible stocks, and accessories out the ass is an IDEAL youth and woman's gun.

Except that it is not as reliable as an AK. That ruins it for serious purposes IMHO.

(Probably someone will chime in about how their AR has never malfunctioned, but I see it at the range all the time with other shooters).

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • Like 1