• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank god i sold my AR-15 last night, from now on I'm doing only Russian weapons.

Hey, how about a little love for the AK-74? No recoil, accurate, and the 5.45x39 round does things ballistics wise the .223 doesn't....

I love both my AR in 5.56 and my AK in 7.62x39, Pros & Cons for both rifles. I can consistently bang steel (new 12" gong at our range ) all the day long at 400 yards with the AR... I can't do

Posted Images

You guys sound like a bunch of Poindexters making excuses for your 300lb cross eyed prom dates,lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGabL8fpRW4

I don't think the Taliban are doing Tap Rack Bang to get their weapons to work, do you?

If you get a catastrophic failure with an AK it's either excessive headspace or bad ammo with pulverized powder and for the record an AKM with in spec steel cased ammo can run 8 thousandths out and not blow up in your face like an M16 in the same condition.

Pointdexters, POINTDEXTERS!!!! Whats up with that! Are you intentionally trying to take this thread to the fight club Mister? :lolol:

I switched years ago. Sure there are perfectly reliable ARs but they all have "Top Notch" parts. So for the price of what...6 Saiga 7.62x39 rifles I can have ONE reliable AR.....Hmmmmm. Or 1 Saiga 7.62 and about uh...6000 rounds of ammo??? No brainer to me.

That's another common misconception; that you need to spend $2K+ for a reliable AR. Not true.

I mean, I get your point, in that you can get a undoubtedly reliable AK for cheaper than an undoubtedly reliable AR. But saying (1) reliable AR = (6) x39 Saigas is a stretch. Unless you know where I can get $160 x39 Saigas.......in which case, you better not be holding out, you sonofabitch! :lolol:

Some people always complain that the AR platform isn't reliable enough. In my opinion that just means they bought a piece of shit like DPMS, Olympic, etc. or they are talking out of their ass. I've never had a single problem with any of mine but then again I buy quality (currently own BCM, Colt, Noveske, and KAC). I can also shoot circles around any AK out there with my Noveske or KAC. That being said, I don't consider this a contest and don't understand why so many people make it one. I love my AKs and enjoy them for what they are just as I do all the guns in my collection. Its just like the stupid 1911/Glock debate. Who the hell cares, they are both viable weapons and one doesn't have to take away from the other. Wish people would stop bitching so much and just enjoy the freedom/diversity in choices we currently have.

• Like 3

I wonder which one of his terror buddies decided to upload it to youtube

It's a a dirty Jewspiracy Mossad CGI trick to weaken the confidence of Inshalla Martyrs in their Jihad against the McRib Sandwich eating American Pigdogs!

Seriously, a $40 AK of unknown vintage and old crap ammo of unknown vintage will occassionally result in a detonation. I't snot inherent in the design though. If you take an ammo can full of loose ammo,stick it in the bed of a pickup for a year not strapped down or padded the vibration forces of being bounced around will break the extruded poweder to talcumlike consistency which causes it to burn much,much faster(think flash powder) and it will detonate instead of burn when fired in a weapon. this is where 99% of the exploding AK videos come from because even discharging slightly out of battery due to a worn autosear on a machinegun only produces a little fireball out the ejection port in my personal experience.

Some people always complain that the AR platform isn't reliable enough. In my opinion that just means they bought a piece of shit like DPMS, Olympic, etc. or they are talking out of their ass. I've never had a single problem with any of mine but then again I buy quality (currently own BCM, Colt, Noveske, and KAC). I can also shoot circles around any AK out there with my Noveske or KAC. That being said, I don't consider this a contest and don't understand why so many people make it one. I love my AKs and enjoy them for what they are just as I do all the guns in my collection. Its just like the stupid 1911/Glock debate. Who the hell cares, they are both viable weapons and one doesn't have to take away from the other. Wish people would stop bitching so much and just enjoy the freedom/diversity in choices we currently have.

So what you are saying is that the M4s the guys in that video were issued are bargain basement DPMS crap and they need to go get on gayR15.cum and read up on the latest Noveske GucciGun Barbie Dreamhouse parts combination to have something that will run like the $40 AK those Islamoturds who are shooting at them have?

:haha:

Edited by SOPMOD

I switched years ago. Sure there are perfectly reliable ARs but they all have "Top Notch" parts. So for the price of what...6 Saiga 7.62x39 rifles I can have ONE reliable AR.....Hmmmmm. Or 1 Saiga 7.62 and about uh...6000 rounds of ammo??? No brainer to me.

That's another common misconception; that you need to spend $2K+ for a reliable AR. Not true.

I mean, I get your point, in that you can get a undoubtedly reliable AK for cheaper than an undoubtedly reliable AR. But saying (1) reliable AR = (6) x39 Saigas is a stretch. Unless you know where I can get $160 x39 Saigas.......in which case, you better not be holding out, you sonofabitch! :lolol:

Agreed, although it does seem that $1600 is a minimum price after doing upgrades. I do enjoy both platforms and agree that it is kind of an Apple/Orange thing with AR vs AK. I think they are both good but I love the simplicity and low parts count when cleaning that the AK offers.. I figure that any emergency crisis means no electrical power or gas, so the easier rifle to clean by candle light in my hidey-hole is the Saiga. less stuff to drop on the floor and lose.

Not being a soldier, I won't be required to stand and engage in combat, I can hide and avoid others if need be, better to be invisible, so a 1.5" group at 100 yds vs a 4" group at 100" is irrelevant to me.

I chose the AK merely as personal preference after owning both. Not because I really dislike the AR. I must add that my Bushmaster AR was great, but it did jam on a # of occasions and was very picky about ammo. My Saiga's have never ever had any problem like that.

Sold the Bushmaster for $1200, got my Saiga, converted, for $425 that is a 3 to 1 ratio.(+$25 per)

Edited by RobRez

^ This man. He speaks the truth.

Agreed, although it does seem that $1600 is a minimum price after doing upgrades. I do enjoy both platforms and agree that it is kind of an Apple/Orange thing with AR vs AK. I think they are both good but I love the simplicity and low parts count when cleaning that the AK offers.. I figure that any emergency crisis means no electrical power or gas, so the easier rifle to clean by candle light in my hidey-hole is the Saiga. less stuff to drop on the floor and lose.

Not being a soldier, I won't be required to stand and engage in combat, I can hide and avoid others if need be, better to be invisible, so a 1.5" group at 100 yds vs a 4" group at 100" is irrelevant to me.

I chose the AK merely as personal preference after owning both. Not because I really dislike the AR. I must add that my Bushmaster AR was great, but it did jam on a # of occasions and was very picky about ammo. My Saiga's have never ever had any problem like that.

Sold the Bushmaster for $1200, got my Saiga, converted, for $425 that is a 3 to 1 ratio.(+$25 per)

I hear ya.

But even $1600 is more than you need to spend, IMO. Sure, you'll never get the price down to that of a x39 Saiga, no doubt. But you can slap together a basic carbine/middy with a BCM upper/BCG and have a more reliable rifle than most other AR's. The quad rails, certain stocks and all that is where shit gets expensive, but those have no effect on reliability and aren't "needed". You could easily slap together a BCM middy with standard handguards and an A2 stock for around $800.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that the Soviets practiced misfire and weapons clearing drills with their AK's which aren't $40 Islamaturd AK's - this must have just been to kill time since AK's never jam or misfire except with truck ammo.

I am willing to bet that a break action single shot is inherently more "reliable" than any semi-auto or full-auto due to fewer moving parts, yet if you use double charged or out of spec ammo it will blow up too! That said, I won't take a single shot into a situation where I am going to have to engage multiple targets in a rapid fire fashion.

I have first-hand experience with both AK's and AR's jamming. No platform is perfect, yet my knowledge and understanding of each platform allows me to quickly overcome any issues I might experience. I love both my AR's and my AK's and I would trust my life with either if it ever came down to it.

I understand that AR's are not for everyone, but the AK snobbery of some here is very similar to the arfcom snobbery about AR's that don't require a second mortgage on the house and selling spare kidneys on the black market (i.e. Noveske/Colt/KAC/LWRC).

We get it! You don't like AR's! :haha:

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 3

So what you are saying is that the M4s the guys in that video were issued are bargain basement DPMS crap and they need to go get on gayR15.cum and read up on the latest Noveske GucciGun Barbie Dreamhouse parts combination to have something that will run like the $40 AK those Islamoturds who are shooting at them have?

How many military guys do you know who properly take care of their weapon, not to mention the sometimes beaten to hell rifles their given. You can cherry pick info like every other fan-boy of either system but it doesn't change the facts. Both systems have their inherent strengths and weakness, neither are perfect but both can be enjoyed equally once you break out the fog created by all the idiots trying to justify their stance. Yes it's fine to have a favorite platform or company but it doesn't mean you have to tear down the other side. As much as I don't like companies who skimp on quality (like DPMS, Olympic, etc.) I have no issue with someone who choses to buy one and enjoys it. The more responsible and respectful gun owners out there the better. You can think the AK is perfect all you want but it's has flaws just like everything else in this world. In fact the only thing I've ever seen in my life that is perfect and without flaw is my wife's body biggrin.gif

I agree than an AK may be more reliable in certain conditions, just as an AR is the more accurate platform. One could argue that a lack of accuracy in certain circumstances can get you killed just as easily as a malfunction in the mud/sand/etc. That's why these arguments are so ridiculous. If you want the REAL truth, 99% of us sound like complete idiots (me included at times) since we'll never see real action and I've yet to hear of anyone being attacked by paper targets. So naaaa.gifnaaaa.gif

Not trying to be an ass, just tired of all the arguing when in reality we should all be on the same side. Glad you like your AKs, I love mine too. 027.gif

Edited by Jeep297
  • Like 2

How many military guys do you know who properly take care of their weapon, not to mention the sometimes beaten to hell rifles their given. You can cherry pick info like every other fan-boy of either system but it doesn't change the facts. Both systems have their inherent strengths and weakness, neither are perfect but both can be enjoyed equally once you break out the fog created by all the idiots trying to justify their stance. Yes it's fine to have a favorite platform or company but it doesn't mean you have to tear down the other side. As much as I don't like companies who skimp on quality (like DPMS, Olympic, etc.) I have no issue with someone who choses to buy one and enjoys it. The more responsible and respectful gun owners out there the better. You can think the AK is perfect all you want but it's has flaws just like everything else in this world. In fact the only thing I've ever seen in my life that is perfect and without flaw is my wife's body biggrin.gif

I agree than an AK may be more reliable in certain conditions, just as an AR is the more accurate platform. One could argue that a lack of accuracy in certain circumstances can get you killed just as easily as a malfunction in the mud/sand/etc. That's why these arguments are so ridiculous. If you want the REAL truth, 99% of us sound like complete idiots since we'll never see real action and I've yet to hear of anyone being attacked by paper targets. So naaaa.gifnaaaa.gif

Not trying to be an ass, just tired of all the arguing when in reality we should all be on the same side. Glad you like your AKs, I love mine too. 027.gif

Agreed. +1

Now, about your claim about your wife's body..............

Pics or lies!!!

I keeeeeed, I keeeeeed. :lolol:

• Like 1

I agree than an AK may be more reliable in certain conditions, just as an AR is the more accurate platform. One could argue that a lack of accuracy in certain circumstances can get you killed just as easily as a malfunction in the mud/sand/etc. That's why these arguments are so ridiculous. If you want the REAL truth, 99% of us sound like complete idiots since we'll never see real action and I've yet to hear of anyone being attacked by paper targets. So naaaa.gifnaaaa.gif

Agreed. +1

Now, about your claim about your wife's body..............

Pics or lies!!!

I keeeeeed, I keeeeeed. :lolol:

Fuck that... I DO NOT KID... PICS OR LIES!!!!!

Simple as that.

Without pics... THIS THREAD IS USELESS!

:smoke:

I think ARs SUCK!:haha:

I think 556 SUCKS!:haha:

All my rifles start with 7.62!:devil:

Debate settled

+1s please!

Since I've already started the derail with my comments on pictures of another member's wife............

titsorgtfo.jpg

matrixposttitsorgtfo.jpg

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

<---- Pro thread hi-jacker. If only it was a paying job, I'd be rich.

• Like 1

Debate settled

+1s please!

Since I've already started the derail with my comments on pictures of another member's wife............

titsorgtfo.jpg

matrixposttitsorgtfo.jpg

LOL!

Here ya go! Its a three for

post-27192-0-25661600-1297815765_thumb.jpg

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 1

Debate settled

+1s please!

titsorgtfo.jpg

matrixposttitsorgtfo.jpg

LOL!

what-seen.jpg

Debate settled

+1s please!

titsorgtfo.jpg

matrixposttitsorgtfo.jpg

LOL!

LMAO. Given the look on her face, even she is stunned by her Godawful appearance. :lolol:

• Like 1

Only two pics I will post but someone needs to redeem that awful pic above

sexy8.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

:super:

Oddly enough, I recognize your wife's body.

.............because you've posted them in the BOTD section at Arfcom. :D ......and I have to agree with your "flawless" comment. Gorgeous wife you have.

You guys sound like a bunch of Poindexters making excuses for your 300lb cross eyed prom dates,lol

I don't think the Taliban are doing Tap Rack Bang to get their weapons to work, do you?

If you get a catastrophic failure with an AK it's either excessive headspace or bad ammo with pulverized powder and for the record an AKM with in spec steel cased ammo can run 8 thousandths out and not blow up in your face like an M16 in the same condition.

His rifle jams at 4:20.

BigSal jams everyday at 4:20. :lolol:

• Like 2

BigSal jams everyday at 4:20. :lolol:

LOL !

• 2 weeks later...

oh my god! i shot my old AR today, the one that i sold, i was teaching the guy how to use it, i never realized how accurate it was, but i still am so happy that i do not have it anymore, please dont take this the wrong way

Most shooters cannot out shoot a good AR. You never realized how accurate it was until what, getting trigger time behind an AK?

oh my god! i shot my old AR today, the one that i sold, i was teaching the guy how to use it, i never realized how accurate it was, but i still am so happy that i do not have it anymore, please dont take this the wrong way

Most shooters cannot out shoot a good AR. You never realized how accurate it was until what, getting trigger time behind an AK?

i guess thats what it took for me, but my saiga is not finished yet, so i gotta change out the FSB and sight leaf on it, so its not zeroed yet till that's done

Got to say I like em all, but right now the 308 Saiga is king.

Depending on the weapon, I might use the mini 14 in a trade, but I bought it for the "collector" value (ex DPS carbine).

The AR is a keeper because in a TEOTWAWKI situation, ammo and mags are easier to pick off of deadfeds than 7.62x39 or 308.

The WASR10UF is a truck gun for road trips. Just as an aid to get back to the house/bunker when shit happens. Also, my oldest (10 yrs) grandaughter loves shooting it. She always goes through a hundred rounds or so at family reunions.

post-26212-0-76704400-1298840540_thumb.jpg

post-26212-0-26303600-1298840658_thumb.jpg

post-26212-0-77820600-1298840705_thumb.jpg

post-26212-0-39931600-1298840881_thumb.jpg

Edited by CJS3