Body Armor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not worried about rifle rounds. Imma get shot by some cop's Glock when I am looting.

Wont help if you get tagged with 7.62, it may help absorb some of the shock from hitting the ground after though

I use this: Works pretty well, but the mini-gun is just a replica. Works well except for high-altitude work. Not as glamorous as you may think, gets pretty sweatty-balls in there.  

Posted Images

Everyones got their bug-out bag. Home many of ya'll got body armor when the zombies and katrinas come?

What kind you got.

I'm Rockin a Second-Chance Monarch-3A concealable.

Wont help if you get tagged with 7.62, it may help absorb some of the shock from hitting the ground after though :haha:

• Like 3

I got a condor molle plate carrier with 10 x 12

and 6 x 6 AR 500 plates......It don't hide well

But I fig. If I need to put it on I'll need to stop

.223 and .308. And it will do it over n over n over

again. 450.00

What if you get shot in the head?

How about this

post-27192-0-36628800-1297839614_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

<---doesn't know much about body armor.

Is there even body armor available to Joe Schmoe civilian that will even slow down a good rifle round? I was under the impression that most body armor available to the general public was only rated for pistol-cal.

Semi-related: I swear I remember someone here posting a video or article awhile ago that showed how "bullet proof glass" didn't do a damn thing against 12ga slugs. True?

Everyones got their bug-out bag. Home many of ya'll got body armor when the zombies and katrinas come?

What kind you got.

I'm Rockin a Second-Chance Monarch-3A concealable.

Is there even body armor available to Joe Schmoe civilian that will even slow down a good rifle round? I was under the impression that most body armor available to the general public was only rated for pistol-cal.

Semi-related: I swear I remember someone here posting a video or article awhile ago that showed how "bullet proof glass" didn't do a damn thing against 12ga slugs. True?

7.62 plates front and rear and I don't know what kind of carrier (looks handgun caliber rated), but the plates fit perfectly. Pricey, but available to civilians.

Body armor is legal in most states. I'm not an expert on this, but I think your basics vests generally top out at 3A, which will stop most pistol calibers, to stop rifles you need to add ballistic plates rated at 3 or 4, which can get pricey.

Body armor is legal in most states. I'm not an expert on this, but I think your basics vests generally top out at 3A, which will stop most pistol calibers, to stop rifles you need to add ballistic plates rated at 3 or 4, which can get pricey.

lol in what US state is it illegal to own or wear any kind of body armor?

edit---

lol holy crap Connecticut... Just Wow.

Else it's illegal if you're a felon.

Most durable/quality modular weighted vests setups are >≈1/2 the price of a used balcs setup(including soft,plates,carrier). Ask me how I know this.

Edited by jamesavery22

No it won't stop a rifle round, it goes through like a hot knife going through butter. You can get hit with pistol rounds and it won't go through, however getting shot with say a .357 or .44 magnum or even slugs will potentially be deadly. Even though it won't penetrate, the round will act like a really big cattle gun (No Country for Old Men)and could break you sternum and do some trauma to your heart or other vitals. If you ever see a vest that has been hit by a slug, its nasty...........

No it won't stop a rifle round, it goes through like a hot knife going through butter. You can get hit with pistol rounds and it won't go through, however getting shot with say a .357 or .44 magnum or even slugs will potentially be deadly. Even though it won't penetrate, the round will act like a really big cattle gun (No Country for Old Men)and could break you sternum and do some trauma to your heart or other vitals. If you ever see a vest that has been hit by a slug, its nasty...........

You mean that the vests we see in cop movies stopping everything with no other injuries don't really exist?

Sure... and guns run out of ammo!

• Like 2

Thanks for the education on body armor, fellas.

AR 500 plate will stop .223 armor percing and .308.

Most manufact. Will not sell to public hence

most retail will not sell to public.

PM me for more info.

Damn, that's what they make steel targets out of; AR500. Gotta be heavy as hell, I'd imagine.

12 lbs. Not a run and gun setup.But if one was in

good shape not a prob.

Im about 40 lbs. Over weight and I don't feel the

12 lbs to heavy at all. So if I get rid of my fat belly

12 lbs. Would feel like a jacket.

Mostly got it for around the house.450.00

I could have got a new gun but I got plenty.

And at the price of a new gun I raised the odds

in my faver.

Not as nasty as a 3" hole in your chest. There is a lot of blunt force trauma when being struck with any round. I have been hit twice on different occasions, neither time stopped me. Once with a .45 ACP and once with a .38 Spl +P. While neither round was a rifle round, they got my attention. It felt like someone had hit me with a hammer and caused a lot of deep bruising, they were also concerned about blood clots forming. One hit has left me with a lifelong injury, but I am here to tell about it.

The weight is something that you train for, I wear a 45LBS weight vest when I run the 1/2 mile sprint and that is also carrying a water pipe to simulate a loaded M4.(and bat at hood dogs chasing me.) Make sure that it is well fitted, you do not want it so loose it is bouncing when you run and move.

Talcum Powder helps with the smell, as does several carriers, so you can change them to a fresh one.

The heat is a fact of life, you will get used to it, "Cowboy Up!"

As bad as a hit with body armor can be, it is nothing like a hit without it. I see kids use this logic to avoid wearing one. If you plan to be in harms way I would earnestly encourage you to acquire what you can afford, carry and and will wear regularly.

There's a video of a soldier in Iraq standing around next to his Humvee when he gets hit by a PSL right in the chest from across the street. It knocks him right on his back, but does not penetrate because of the body armor. He then pops back up quickly and retreats, rifle in hand, behind the Humvee. Apparently he survived, while the assailants (who were the ones filming) did not. I can't seem to find the video anymore though.

I figure if another Katrina hits in my area it will be looters and robbers you will have to deal with, and they will probably have a handgun. The only people I would expect to see carrying highpowered rifles would be military and law enforcement, so I wouldn't be worried about taking a hit from them.

I think a concealable vets would be mandatory in a Katrina like situation.

There's a video of a soldier in Iraq standing around next to his Humvee when he gets hit by a PSL right in the chest from across the street. It knocks him right on his back, but does not penetrate because of the body armor. He then pops back up quickly and retreats, rifle in hand, behind the Humvee. Apparently he survived, while the assailants (who were the ones filming) did not. I can't seem to find the video anymore though.

Here ya go

I'm not worried about rifle rounds. Imma get shot by some cop's Glock when I am looting.

Dont be an asshole huh. LOOTING? You loot my place and youll get 2 in your vest and one in your dome, and thats if youre lucky enough I have a pistol in my hands and not a rifle.

Have you ever seen a police shooting? They dont stop untill you fall down

Edited by GREYLUPO

Dont be an asshole huh. LOOTING? You loot my place and youll get 2 in your vest and one in your dome

???

It was a joke.

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Dont be an asshole huh. LOOTING? You loot my place and youll get 2 in your vest and one in your dome

???

It was a joke.

Well use a damn happyface then son!