Body Armor

I'm not worried about rifle rounds. Imma get shot by some cop's Glock when I am looting.

Dont be an asshole huh. LOOTING? You loot my place and youll get 2 in your vest and one in your dome

???

It was a joke.

Well use a damn happyface then son!

LOL! :blush:

• Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not worried about rifle rounds. Imma get shot by some cop's Glock when I am looting.

Wont help if you get tagged with 7.62, it may help absorb some of the shock from hitting the ground after though

I use this: Works pretty well, but the mini-gun is just a replica. Works well except for high-altitude work. Not as glamorous as you may think, gets pretty sweatty-balls in there.  

Posted Images

Um..yeah, a little stockpile of food, water and the like, and you don't have to die like a douche.....getting shot while looting.

Although I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume is was an attempted joke.

Edited by RobRez

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume is was an attempted joke.

Jeezzzz :rolleyes:

What else could it have possibly been.

No one has a sense of humor anymore.

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Got a brand new Bundeswehr kevlar ballistic helmet. $80 well spent in my opinion. As far as body armor, been thinking about it for a long time. Almost jumped on a Russian 3A vest a while back for $190. Has pockets for plates on it as well.

The Bundeswehr flak vest will stop pistol rounds and buckshot and is only about $75. That would be better than nothing I suppose...

Edited by Jpanzer

I read between the lines the first time and I understood the depth of such a short statement. The grammar was the hook for me. It must have grown wings after I read it.... :smoke:

Cheap Cop surplus level 3A vest with an aftermarket ceramic plate added in the front pocket.

Where do you guys go for good cheap covers? Mine is getting kinda raty. Kinda wish I knew how to sew so I could add some molle loops for my mag pouches.

Rob

Paraclete Plate Carrier with Second Chance soft armor and plates for Level 4 protection. It's loaded with MOLLE/PALS so I can configure with mag shingles, pouches, etc. I also have a MSA Gallet T-2001 helmet mainly as a platform for running my Night Vision on.

I have a great sense of humor.

You need to work on your delivery is all. :lolol::lolol:

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 1

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=59776&st=0&p=569019&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=569019

We debated the slug for awhile, and I am certainly uncertain as to the survivability. I saw what it did to the stump and believe the shock would kill you. I don't know about the slug to a plate, but I do know it would suck ass regardless.

I certainly hope no one ever has to find out.

• Like 1

Where do you guys go for good cheap covers? Mine is getting kinda raty. Kinda wish I knew how to sew so I could add some molle loops for my mag pouches.

It is best to get the cover from the manufacturer, so you know it will fit. Most vest have slighhtly different profiles.

Eagle make nice molle carriers.

Its a bargain at less than you would pay for a unmodified Saiga 12.

I have a OTV and I'm considering getting one to rob the plates.

That looks like the plates I have. They are a combination of thermoplastic and ceramic. They are made by one of the companies that makes the xsapi plates and and have multi-hit capability. They are big 11.8 x 12 and a little heavy 7.5 lbs each but they are level 4 stand along rated and multi-hit.

http://www.youtube.c..._embedded#at=53

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=18147&tabid=1&catid=2759

Edited by wes

Does anyone know where I can get Kevlar fabric? And the needles to do the sewing with, lol.

A thought, if I may....

The Mongols and early Arabs used to wear several loose layers of silk to help prevent barbed arrows from penetrateing as deep as usual. The silk would wrap around the barbed arrow head as it penetrated, thus allowing it to be pulled out without ripping up thier inards.

What about makeing a cape/cloak/poncho out of anti-ballistic fabric that could be worn over your equip, thus making your gear part of your armor?

Just a thought.

BPS12-

It's been done. I recall seeing a level 3a "blanket" you could throw over your family, but I kinda question how functional a heavy cloak would be over gear, which by definition, needs to be readily accessible in a gun fight. Not to mention easy to don at a moments notice. YMMV of course.

Truth is, a thin, lightweight Level 3A is pretty cheap and easily gotten. For added threat protection, ballistic plates, while expensive, can be added to critical kill zones for rifle protection. Thing is, if you are being engaged with, and taking hits from a rifle you are allready in a world of hurt. I'd rather be able to run light and fast rather than carry all the extra weight of a fully loaded out plate carrier. Ever wonder why tanks are getting faster and lighter rather than heavier? Blitzkrieg seemed to work pretty good too =)

Rob

when confronted with the inability to pick up cues, it's easy to blame the delivery as flawed.

whereas, for others, the jest was apparent. it's not always a right v wrong argument.

jest laugh it off...

Edited by waltermitty

http://www.chiefsupply.com/Law_Enforcement/Tactical_Equipment/Ballistic_Blankets/PT39

http://www.botachtactical.com/usarbabl.html

http://www.botachtactical.com/pobabrbl.html

30# is quite abit more then I was looking at.

I was thinking something more like this. http://www.armorco.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=215

Of course, theoretically, the more layers and the more gear you have on, the better the protection. My thought being that rather than weighing yourself down with added plates, etc., a 4-5lb. cloak would act as the Mongols silk but with your gear acting as your outer body and hopefully absorbing most of the impact. Let's face it, your gear is gonna take the hit anyway. The cloak would inhibit penetration thru the gear initially rather than your body(as with the silk).

Also, even with the concealable vest and the added plates, a light layer of fabric over all would hopefully add to the life of your armor.

I like the cloak/cape concept because I've trained with the poncho and find it problematic in that you have to reach out and back under to reach your gear. With the cloak/cape you simply pull your hand back to your body and grab what you need. If done in a camo pattern, it can not only hide your shape but your weapon as well.

Downside to the cape, can get caught on brush, etc. Upside, improptu stretcher, shelter, etc.

Just some of those thoughts that keep me up at night, lol.

DISCLAIMER: Test these ideas BEFORE trusting them.

when confronted with the inability to pick up cues, it's easy to blame the delivery as flawed.

whereas, for others, the jest was apparent. it's not always a right v wrong argument.

jest laugh it off...

Ahhh....sort of like how you didn't see my comment as a joke???

I figure if another Katrina hits in my area it will be looters and robbers you will have to deal with, and they will probably have a handgun. The only people I would expect to see carrying highpowered rifles would be military and law enforcement, so I wouldn't be worried about taking a hit from them.

I think a concealable vets would be mandatory in a Katrina like situation.

You should be worried about them taking your guns away from you like they did in Katrina.