I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 in the USA ! ! !

It just seems a bit ridiculous that he can't make a note on his website or on the forum that he'll be away for a week and not answering emails/calls, especially since he's collected at least $63,000 of people's money in pre-orders (I've seen at least the # 85 sold, assuming minimum payment of $750

I think you are all about to see a really neat magic trick soon!!! POOF :lolol:

• Like 2
  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just seems a bit ridiculous that he can't make a note on his website or on the forum that he'll be away for a week and not answering emails/calls, especially since he's collected at least $63,000 o

I just got an email update the other day and things are definitely progressing. Impatient sarcastic smartasses will be eating their words before too much longer apparently. Aside from waiting on th

I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ! ! ! In the USA ! ! !   I thought I would share some GREAT news! I just placed my order for my very own Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 from Brian at RedDragunWeapons a

Posted Images

Has anybody had luck getting ahold of the guy at all lately? I've sent a couple emails with some questions over the last week or so and gotten zero response.

I just heard from Brian via email.

What I heard from Brian was that he would try to call me back later that day, Friday. I didn't hear from him, so I emailed him to remind him on Tuesday the 10th. He replied on the 12th saying that he was sorry and that he would get to me and to call him Monday the 16th if I hadn't heard from him yet and he'd get me squared away. I was very busy that Monday and did not have a chance to call. I tried calling him on the 17th. His phone wouldn't even let me leave a voice mail. I emailed him right afterwards to let him know I called and couldn't leave a message. Haven't heard anything since.

dunno.gif

Honestly though, if that were the case, I think it would be easier getting my money into his hands.

Edited by Juice
Has anybody had luck getting ahold of the guy at all lately? I've sent a couple emails with some questions over the last week or so and gotten zero response.

I just heard from Brian via email.

What I heard from Brian was that he would try to call me back later that day, Friday. I didn't hear from him, so I emailed him to remind him on Tuesday the 10th. He replied on the 12th saying that he was sorry and that he would get to me and to call him Monday the 16th if I hadn't heard from him yet and he'd get me squared away. I was very busy that Monday and did not have a chance to call. I tried calling him on the 17th. His phone wouldn't even let me leave a voice mail. I emailed him right afterwards to let him know I called and couldn't leave a message. Haven't heard anything since.

dunno.gif

Honestly though, if that were the case, I think it would be easier getting my money into his hands.

ive e-mailed him a few times and he did respond not right of way, it took a few days and i got my sale of receipt e-mailed to me

Edited by mpoppel41

Funny... I've been waiting almost 3 months for my updated invoice and it says the remaining balance is 61 to 90 past due. LOL!!!

I thought that was funny too... Must be something automatic with his accounting program. Because I am sure if they were in country, NO ONE would have a past due account :)

Funny... I've been waiting almost 3 months for my updated invoice and it says the remaining balance is 61 to 90 past due. LOL!!!

I thought that was funny too... Must be something automatic with his accounting program. Because I am sure if they were in country, NO ONE would have a past due account :)

Anything new from Brian on the AK FORUM?

Some mags came for my shotgun today.

post-27155-0-17619700-1306439778_thumb.jpg

Damn!! you got yours already!?!? I got a letter in the mail saying mine were on the way..I asked Oleg about the rock n lock mags...he didnt understand my yankee slang, so i had to break it down for him...hopefully he will have more soon.

Nothing new on the AK forum..I check there daily..

I cant wait to have that saiga in my hands..

Hey, quick question....

Like most of you here, I'm losing sleep over when this thing will actually hit my hands!!! I can't wait!!!! Now, to make this Saiga as close to authentic (looking) as possible, can someone tell me what parts EXACTLY i'm gonna need to get to finish the conversion. I'm waiting to get Oleg's response on my 8 round magwell mags and pistol grip. So other than those items:

What stock are you guys putting on (What site to order from, how much, etc? ) and what else am I going to need, (folding hardware, flash hider, etc)? I'm definitely gonna have to find a 'smith to do this work as i'm not risking even slightly screwing this one up.

Thanks in advance guys :rolleyes:

Edited by RedCedarHunter

I'm going Russian flash hider perm attached for 18.5", SVDS stock, adding a side rail, and either a fat Izzy S12 grip or MD molot copy grip. Haven't decided on the trigger guard yet I'm still trying to determine who is able to make a correct size PG plate.

Going to send it to Mario at PoHF, he did a fantastic job on my SGL31-44 side folder and I've got a quote in since last October.

Basically the same as my current S12, the 030 was the look I was after when I started this project years ago

S12-Molot-Left.JPG

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
  • Like 2

I'm still trying to determine who is able to make a correct size PG plate.

Have you seen the one ak blder has. I think it'll fit the MD grip. I have one for mine.

post-24335-0-49996100-1306447300_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZG

Damn!! you got yours already!?!? I got a letter in the mail saying mine were on the way..I asked Oleg about the rock n lock mags...he didnt understand my yankee slang, so i had to break it down for him...hopefully he will have more soon.

Nothing new on the AK forum..I check there daily..

I cant wait to have that saiga in my hands..

Mine showed up the day after I received the letter from Oleg.

Only ended up getting two of the four ordered though. He told me they didn't have enough for the orders that came in. If you hadn't told me about them being available, I'd had none.

Thank you.

I've seen it, but the Izzy is larger than a regular grip. Do you have an Izzy or MD grip to verify it fits? That would be great to know for sure.

Z

It fits really well IMO

post-24335-0-11614700-1306451980_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-39382300-1306452000_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZG

Hey, quick question....

Like most of you here, I'm losing sleep over when this thing will actually hit my hands!!! I can't wait!!!! Now, to make this Saiga as close to authentic (looking) as possible, can someone tell me what parts EXACTLY i'm gonna need to get to finish the conversion. I'm waiting to get Oleg's response on my 8 round magwell mags and pistol grip. So other than those items:

What stock are you guys putting on (What site to order from, how much, etc? ) and what else am I going to need, (folding hardware, flash hider, etc)? I'm definitely gonna have to find a 'smith to do this work as i'm not risking even slightly screwing this one up.

Thanks in advance guys :rolleyes:

I'm just going to make mine kinda match the ZK-SD rifle Will is making me. DPH folding stock, saw grip and inverted safety. I will also use a U.S. Made 01-030 flash hider and Cadiz said they would make a heavy duty piston rod for it.

just an update from the man himself from that one place:

Hey guys...

Statements are finally eeking their way out of my computer and to you via email. It will take awhile, but you all will get one. BE PATIENT. icon_wink.gif

I was hoping I could just blast these out, but my mail system and the accounting system aren't playing well together so each one is a manual process.

Just hold tight they are coming. A few of you have already received yours.

AND

Guys...pay no attention to whatever the statement that you receive says is PAST DUE....the system just thinks every invoice that isn't paid in full immediately is past due....just pay no attention to that. These statements are just to show you the receipt of your payment(s) and your current balance.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

Brian

p.s. Hopefully I'll have an update for everyone by the end of next week. anim_beer.gif

Edited by AZG

hey TX ZEN, What is that optic you have on your s12 in that pic?? Is that a Rakurz??

Yep it sure is. My favorite red dot, even more so than the PK-AS which I used to like most out of all the combloc red dots I've owned. Has an always on german post reticule with tritium illumination for low light shooting. No batteries, no electronics and it's built like a tank. I've got it zeroed for slugs at 100 yards, I can hit a 3/4 mansize target 100% of the time if I do my part. Terrific optic.

I'm debating on getting the weaver mount model for my 030, but I will probably just get another side rail model so I can swap it around if need be. That is assuming I get it, I may go with 1P63 Obzor instead

Rakurz_Reticule.JPG

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

I'm going Russian flash hider perm attached for 18.5", SVDS stock, adding a side rail, and either a fat Izzy S12 grip or MD molot copy grip. Haven't decided on the trigger guard yet I'm still trying to determine who is able to make a correct size PG plate.

Going to send it to Mario at PoHF, he did a fantastic job on my SGL31-44 side folder and I've got a quote in since last October.

Basically the same as my current S12, the 030 was the look I was after when I started this project years ago

S12-Molot-Left.JPG

Z

Did you have to fit your mags to the magwell?

No modifications at all, they all run fine out of the box. They are not drop free however and you do need to modify them for each magwell.

Recently I actually have two kinds, the older one in the pic and an almost identical newer style that looks like it's made out of a different kind of polymer (or maybe just brand spankin new). It's shinier, smoother and drops free with no modifications. Comparing them side by side the newer one has a tad less material on the rear catch and this is what makes it drop free properly. Maybe Izhmash has changed the design slightly, I'm not sure.

The older mag can drop free with just a bit of work but I didn't bother, the S12 is just a plinker for me and filing on $140 mags isn't my top priority.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

No modifications at all, they all run fine out of the box. They are not drop free however and you do need to modify them for each magwell.

Recently I actually have two kinds, the older one in the pic and an almost identical newer style that looks like it's made out of a different kind of polymer (or maybe just brand spankin new). It's shinier, smoother and drops free with no modifications. Comparing them side by side the newer one has a tad less material on the rear catch and this is what makes it drop free properly. Maybe Izhmash has changed the design slightly, I'm not sure.

The older mag can drop free with just a bit of work but I didn't bother, the S12 is just a plinker for me and filing on $140 mags isn't my top priority.

Z

Interesting about the mags Zen. I noticed my magwell mag definitely has a different polymer than my non-magwell 8 rounders. The magwell mag feels "beefier" and the polymer seems stronger, and has a more rough texture. The quality seems very good.

Also, regarding the Rakurz, can it be used with both eyes open like an aimpoint type red-dot, or is it more like a traditional scope?

Thanks

Rakurz has eye relief but not like the PK-AS and yes it can be used with both eyes open. I don't find the relief noticeable when shooting but if you look for it it's there.

There are two version actually, the 1P76 marked version with no diopter, and what is probably a civilian version called the A1 that has a diopter.

Here's the 1P76 version though for some reason I am only using one eye. Normally I shoot pretty much everything with both eyes open, magnified optics included.

1P76-Z-S12_Rakurz_PartizanSummer.JPG

Rakurz-A1_Rakurz.JPG

Z