I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 in the USA ! ! !

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just seems a bit ridiculous that he can't make a note on his website or on the forum that he'll be away for a week and not answering emails/calls, especially since he's collected at least $63,000 o

I just got an email update the other day and things are definitely progressing. Impatient sarcastic smartasses will be eating their words before too much longer apparently. Aside from waiting on th

I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ! ! ! In the USA ! ! !   I thought I would share some GREAT news! I just placed my order for my very own Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 from Brian at RedDragunWeapons a

Posted Images

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 PM

"I've been told installing front latch requires removal of the front trunion, is this true?"

LOL!!!! If it requires trunnion removal then I have done 2 wrong so far 8)

Edited by evlblkwpnz

This thread keeps mutating only to disappoint me every time I return to read the updated posts and find out they have nothing to do with the 030s. :unsure:

Really other than my question earlier "what camo pattern is that?" i think it has stayed more on topic than most threads (and for that question i apologize i should have pmed). Many people who have purchased these want to have all their ducks in a row for an authentic conversion when their 030 arrives. There are a few stock options, muzzle options, trigger groups, trigger guards, grips etc etc etc that need to be located and purchased. Myself and others seek the knowledge about a platform we know little about. In turn we pass on knowledge in other arenas that we consider ourselves well versed to those with less experience. That's what makes this place great. It would be nice to get an update about when the guns will ship, but i hope people continue to talk about the 030 so i can learn as much as i can.

• Like 2

This thread keeps mutating only to disappoint me every time I return to read the updated posts and find out they have nothing to do with the 030s. :unsure:

Really other than my question earlier "what camo pattern is that?" i think it has stayed more on topic than most threads (and for that question i apologize i should have pmed). Many people who have purchased these want to have all their ducks in a row for an authentic conversion when their 030 arrives. There are a few stock options, muzzle options, trigger groups, trigger guards, grips etc etc etc that need to be located and purchased. Myself and others seek the knowledge about a platform we know little about. In turn we pass on knowledge in other arenas that we consider ourselves well versed to those with less experience. That's what makes this place great. It would be nice to get an update about when the guns will ship, but i hope people continue to talk about the 030 so i can learn as much as i can.

Well put. I think we've pretty much stayed on topic as far as plans for the 030's go. All I've seen is people discussing their future setups which is all we can really talk about until they do get here, I mean unless less people wanna just complain cuz there not here, what else are we supposed to discuss.?.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with starting a new topic called, "Whatcha gunna do wit ur 030 when it gets here" or whatever. This topic seemed to be for people to post about buying one, possibly posting invoice numbers and updates on ship dates or other information related to getting the shotgun into our eager hands.

IJS.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with starting a new topic called, "Whatcha gunna do wit ur 030 when it gets here" or whatever. This topic seemed to be for people to post about buying one, possibly posting invoice numbers and updates on ship dates or other information related to getting the shotgun into our eager hands.

IJS.

OK, so now there would be two separate threads and everyone involved, including you, would be reading them both. What's the point in that? I couldn't care less myself. Might as well have all information relative to the anticipated arrival of the 030 in one thread. Or not.

• Like 1

http://www.k-var.com...productid=17665

This comes with all the necessary hardware including the front catch

That is the one I have. Once you have that, you just need to buy the front catch hardware specifically made for the S12.

Ok...forgive my ignorance, but I'm having a hard time finding this stock set on KVARs full site (not the clickable mobile site link) Can anybody point me to the correct full-site URL for this side folder?

Thanks!

Edited by RedCedarHunter

That is the one I have. Once you have that, you just need to buy the front catch hardware specifically made for the S12.

Ok...forgive my ignorance, but I'm having a hard time finding this stock set on KVARs full site (not the clickable mobile site link) Can anybody point me to the correct full-site URL for this side folder?

Thanks!

They're out of stock right now except for the desert sand but the Item code is AK-432R. If you imput that into the search function it should bring it right up. Or you can search under the leftside dropdown menu under parts and accessories:buttstocks page 3. But like I said its out of stock except in desert sand

Thanks!

I bought the last black sets they had a few weeks ago. It killed me to buy anything from them, but they are the only gig in town and I wanted to make sure I had enough for future projects. Have you looked on GB? i think I saw some stuff there, but you will be in it for about $360+.

ETA: Their shipping is $20 for one stock set.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I bought the last black sets they had a few weeks ago. It killed me to buy anything from them, but they are the only gig in town and I wanted to make sure I had enough for future projects. Have you looked on GB? i think I saw some stuff there, but you will be in it for about $360+.

Ok, thanks for the info AZG and evil...but can you guys tell me the difference then in the one AZG mentioned (AK-432R) and this one AK-LSFBHR? Why one vs the other? Does K-Var normally have a constant supply of these or are they usually out for a while? (Wanna sell a set Evil? ;) )Sorry guys, I'm kinda new to the Saiga game but I want my 030 to be as close as possible. I cant begin to tell you how much I appreciate it! And other than Rusmilitary.....anyone know where else I can look for the Izmash grip? Been in contact with Oleg FOREVER about these grips. He doesnt seem to have any sort of ETA.

-RedCedarHunter-

Edited by RedCedarHunter

Ok, thanks for the info AZG and evil...but can you guys tell me the difference then in the one AZG mentioned (AK-432R) and this one AK-LSFBHR? Why one vs the other? Does K-Var normally have a constant supply of these or are they usually out for a while? (Wanna sell a set Evil? ;) )Sorry guys, I'm kinda new to the Saiga game but I want my 030 to be as close as possible. I cant begin to tell you how much I appreciate it! And other than Rusmilitary.....anyone know where else I can look for the Izmash grip? Been in contact with Oleg FOREVER about these grips. He doesnt seem to have any sort of ETA.

-RedCedarHunter-

One buttstock is US made (AK-LSFBHR) and the other is the Russian (AK-432R). The last couple solid folder kits that I bought had the Izzy marking on them. I don't know, I have some triangle folders and some solid ones. I have some Bulgarian sets as well. I'm not sure which I would want to sell, if any. email me.

Sometimes K-Var website says they are out of stock on a particular item, but they may have one left in the warehouse. I have called them a couple of time to find that they did have something I was looking for. You could also have them put you on a wait list for some items.

The front latch that comes with that set will not work on a Saiga 12. You need to either find a factory S12 latch set or buy one from AK-Builder.com. The AK-Builder S12 latch is almost identical to the factory set and it's readily available for $55.00. I have a couple of extra AK-Builder latch sets sitting here for future projects. :up:

saiga_front_latch.jpg

I never realized that, thanks for the heads up :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have a word on these? getting really anxious..hoping its not gonna take all year..

nothing but crikets on their forum. last I heard they should be in hand by labor day.

well i hope that's the case..im going crazy over here!!

anyone have a word on these? getting really anxious..hoping its not gonna take all year..

nothing but crikets on their forum. last I heard they should be in hand by labor day.

well i hope that's the case..im going crazy over here!!

Me too man. Waiting sucks

Did Brian tell you that, because I've heard nothing?

Did Brian tell you that, because I've heard nothing?

Another member asked and he answered:

Is it unrealistic to think these will be in hand by Labor Day?

No. :wink:

Just waiting on confirmation of a couple things before I post a good update.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys,

Quick question for those in the know...

I saw the two options for side folders at K-Var (432R vs LSFBHR)...I'm guessing the US version is going to be a little easier to come by as they have gotten them back in stock once or twice and I've yet to see the 432R available in some time. So here's my question...

Is the hardware on both of these stocks identical? What about the stock bodies themselves? The reason I ask is I'm looking to order a Saiga 12 Recoil pad from Oleg and want to make sure it will fit the US made version. (I'm sure it will fit the 432R right?)

Secondly, I'm guessing DPH has the most accurate Izzy FH, so that order will be placed next. Last remaning parts are gonna be the Trigger group/guard and buttstock retainer kit...anybody know where to buy these last two items from? And am I missing anything else necessary for the conversion? Already got an Izzy grip, and am waiting on Oleg for the 8-round magwell mags.....

Thanks,

-RCH-

Ok guys,

Quick question for those in the know...

I saw the two options for side folders at K-Var (432R vs LSFBHR)...I'm guessing the US version is going to be a little easier to come by as they have gotten them back in stock once or twice and I've yet to see the 432R available in some time. So here's my question...

I usually see the 432R and not the us one. Maybe it's just me.

Is the hardware on both of these stocks identical? What about the stock bodies themselves? The reason I ask is I'm looking to order a Saiga 12 Recoil pad from Oleg and want to make sure it will fit the US made version. (I'm sure it will fit the 432R right?)

this thread might help:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/63859-sending-one-of-my-saiga-12s-off-to-be-sexyd-up/page__view__findpost__p__612849__fromsearch__1

It should all fit just fine. All other hardware can be bought from akbildr. MD arms also has a good replica TriggerGuard but I like how akbildrs look.

CSS sells fire control groups. The retainer kits can be bought from Oleg

Secondly, I'm guessing DPH has the most accurate Izzy FH, so that order will be placed next. Last remaning parts are gonna be the Trigger group/guard and buttstock retainer kit...anybody know where to buy these last two items from? And am I missing anything else necessary for the conversion? Already got an Izzy grip, and am waiting on Oleg for the 8-round magwell mags.....

Thanks,

-RCH-

"Unsure exactly when they will be coming as we are waiting on a few things to clear in Russia, but when they do they will come fairly quickly. It is definitely a waiting game."

A friend got that reponse from Brian on August 10th via e-mail...still holding my breath!:unsure: By they way...I've been watching Oleg like crazy for the 8 round magwell mags...if you order 5 again save me one!

.......Unless someone else here has one they want to sell???:D

-RCH-

"Unsure exactly when they will be coming as we are waiting on a few things to clear in Russia, but when they do they will come fairly quickly. It is definitely a waiting game."

A friend got that reponse from Brian on August 10th via e-mail...still holding my breath!:unsure: By they way...I've been watching Oleg like crazy for the 8 round magwell mags...if you order 5 again save me one!

.......Unless someone else here has one they want to sell???:D

-RCH-

Shoot me an offer. :angel:

Edit: The response that your friend received seems to be the same response that several other people have been receiving for months now.

Edited by KC913