I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 in the USA ! ! !

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just seems a bit ridiculous that he can't make a note on his website or on the forum that he'll be away for a week and not answering emails/calls, especially since he's collected at least $63,000 o

I just got an email update the other day and things are definitely progressing. Impatient sarcastic smartasses will be eating their words before too much longer apparently. Aside from waiting on th

I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ! ! ! In the USA ! ! !   I thought I would share some GREAT news! I just placed my order for my very own Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 from Brian at RedDragunWeapons a

Posted Images

Do y'all know if there are any still available that haven't been spoken for? I want to get one... assuming they ever make it into the US :/

Yes there are still some available for now. As soon as people realize what they are about to miss out on while dragging their feet and feeling 'suspicious'... the last of them will get snapped up pretty quick. I may even have to sell another gun and order a second one...:smoke:

Do y'all know if there are any still available that haven't been spoken for? I want to get one... assuming they ever make it into the US :/

Yes there are still some available for now. As soon as people realize what they are about to miss out on while dragging their feet and feeling 'suspicious'... the last of them will get snapped up pretty quick. I may even have to sell another gun and order a second one...:smoke:

I was thinking the same thing. I have a NIB model 109-BHO I bought just in case these didn't make it. As soon as I talk to Brian it may got to auction?

Just got my call today. I am now more than convinced that everything is fine. Im actually also tempted to buy another. I think once you talk to him you'll all understand what's up. Brian has been importing guns for some time now and has a pretty impressive collection of super rare guns that he was able to bring into the states, and was able to provide others with these same opportunities. These are not his first super rare russian import. He went on to explain that there are still a few spots available if anyone still wants one. He's obviously a russian gun enthusiast and told me he wanted everyone to have an opportunity to own one but he's limited to 200 therefore they are available to individuals and not to large volume distributors. He is a very nice guy to talk to. We probably spent about 10 minutes talking about the 030s and the next 30 about other guns he imported like the sv98. Good things are coming.

Is it safe to assume that a down payment would be protected with a credit card or paypal transaction?

Paypal does not permit it's use for buying firearms. They will not insure that transaction at all, and in fact, they may just cancel your account for your trouble.

Typical paypal :unsure: So if he does not take CC (or seemingly any form of secure payment), he is banned as a vender from another forum, does not reliably answer the phone or emails. Past experiences with these characteristics in a vendor are not really confidence building.

Is he a vendor on this forum? How many people here have sent him money?

Andrew

I'm paid in full, have been since last October.

Not sure why people think he doesn't reliably answer email or phone calls, I've never had a problem getting ahold of him. Then again I don't need to talk to him every week to find out that nothing has changed...waiting is part of the game in this kind of deal.

He's not banned on theakforum, his vendor status is revoked. They got their panties in a wad over vendor fees or some such and decided to make a big drama out of it. I really can't take site staff over there seriously anymore after how silly they got when I asked why they locked his forum. I don't even know the man but they had a great time insulting their members all the while acting like they were protecting us from an unscrupulous vendor (As if anyone believes "it's about the Kalashnikov, not the money" over there anymore).

Basically, even though they authorized him to do business on their forum and created his subforum where we could post about the 030 deal, they claimed this whole thing was a group buy that they never authorized and that he had been soliciting payment under the table without their knowledge. Really pretty much a retarded explanation but they ran with it despite the fact that we had been talking about for a whole year on their very own forum.

What it boils down to is that more or less threw him under the bus and tried to damage his reputation in order to appear like they run a tight ship, because now they do charge vendors fees.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
  • Like 1

Have you done business with him before?

We will see if he calls me back or emails me...it really has not been very long since I have called him. Still if there is no secured way to pay, I doubt that I will go for it.

Not personally but he has been around on theakforum for years and has always had a great reputation as a fellow collector. He's a guy with connections all over the place and has been able to get some really great stuff that is almost unheard of. He already brought in 7 SV98 rifles and that took about a year also.

Based on his history and online presence I felt no worries paying in full. I've talked to him on the phone a few times like everyone else and IMO he's a guy just like many of us...interested in getting some cool sh*t from Izhmash. Getting Izhmash to sell him a handful of SV98's is no small feat and if you know the business is pretty darn impressive.

Z

• Like 1

I'm in for the deposit. After reading the posts of those who have spoken with Brian and after talking with Cobra, I'm very confident that he is going to get this deal done. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least try to obtain one of these guns. They are going to be sweet!

if it makes you feel better there were similar issues and wait times involved when he did the sv98 import. Everyone got their guns, but everyone had to wait. Now those people can sell those guns for a crap ton more than they paid initially as they are so super rare. I think we can all expect great things from RD. I just wish i got in on the 98's.

For the record, he got back to me right away and was very cordial. Vitamink, do you know the details surrounding the import of the 98's? How many he brought in, cost,when,etc. Just curious. It would have been great to grab one of those.

There should be 7 in country, supposedly only a total of 12 outside Russia counting the ones he brought in

Price was about 5900$ and a few months ago I thought I heard he might still have one for sale. These came into the US around October last year if I'm not mistaken

Z

Have you done business with him before?

We will see if he calls me back or emails me...it really has not been very long since I have called him. Still if there is no secured way to pay, I doubt that I will go for it.

Not personally but he has been around on theakforum for years and has always had a great reputation as a fellow collector. He's a guy with connections all over the place and has been able to get some really great stuff that is almost unheard of. He already brought in 7 SV98 rifles and that took about a year also.

Based on his history and online presence I felt no worries paying in full. I've talked to him on the phone a few times like everyone else and IMO he's a guy just like many of us...interested in getting some cool sh*t from Izhmash. Getting Izhmash to sell him a handful of SV98's is no small feat and if you know the business is pretty darn impressive.

Z

He did get back to me via email the other day

Your understanding is correct. We can take check or money order for the deposit as our credit card processor won’t let us take deposits on credit card. Honestly…I am not sure on the ETA, but it should be by the end of the year.

If you are wanting to get on the list just email me your address and phone number and I’ll get an invoice out to you that you can then use to apply your deposit towards.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I am out of town right now and just now getting back to the hotel after a very long day of work.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Brian

Based on what you are telling me, it sounds like it is worth a shot...I am in for one.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...