I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 in the USA ! ! !

When it is hard to get solid answers, take it from me, RUN! The ATF will not allow 200 through and then bar all others from being imported. Either they will allow them to be imported or they won't, IMHO.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just seems a bit ridiculous that he can't make a note on his website or on the forum that he'll be away for a week and not answering emails/calls, especially since he's collected at least $63,000 o

I just got an email update the other day and things are definitely progressing. Impatient sarcastic smartasses will be eating their words before too much longer apparently. Aside from waiting on th

I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ! ! ! In the USA ! ! !   I thought I would share some GREAT news! I just placed my order for my very own Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 from Brian at RedDragunWeapons a

Posted Images

Prolly won't be able to reach him til Monday. Im just going to wait it out. We have no reason not to trust him. As far as im concerned, nothing has changed, the deal is still on. I'm not going to stress out over a mod getting upset and locking out RDW as a vendor. It sucks we can't get updates there now, that's one thing that's changed.

Prolly won't be able to reach him til Monday. Im just going to wait it out. We have no reason not to trust him. As far as im concerned, nothing has changed, the deal is still on. I'm not going to stress out over a mod getting upset and locking out RDW as a vendor. It sucks we can't get updates there now, that's one thing that's changed.

Im going to go out on a limb and say that their complaints just may be valid. There seems to be a transparency issue with RDW concerning the details of this import, especially when you consider the quantity of dollars involved.

Edited by valleyrat
  • Like 1

Im going to go out on a limb and say that their complaints just may be valid. There seems to be a transparency issue with RDW concerning the details of this import, especially when you consider the quantity of dollars involved.

perhaps. time will tell. I may end up a fool out of his $ or I might end up with two rare shotguns. At this point I care but not that much anymore. Sure I worked hard for the $ but whats complaining going to get me. If those who put all thier money in including me get screwed over, then we wont make that mistake again will we. Im going to stay positive and have faith in the man. Still have no reason to doubt him. Hes mentioned numerous times that its taking this long due to red tape and such. I see how long it takes oleg to get parts in and how much he gets delayed on his shipments so Ive come to expect long wait periods for stuff like this. OMV.

AZG

• Like 1

I really hope it works out. It took a tremendous amount of self control to keep from putting down a deposit on one. Ill be envious when you guys get your shottys.

perhaps. time will tell. I may end up a fool out of his $ or I might end up with two rare shotguns. At this point I care but not that much anymore. Sure I worked hard for the $ but whats complaining going to get me. If those who put all thier money in including me get screwed over, then we wont make that mistake again will we. Im going to stay positive and have faith in the man. Still have no reason to doubt him. Hes mentioned numerous times that its taking this long due to red tape and such. I see how long it takes oleg to get parts in and how much he gets delayed on his shipments so Ive come to expect long wait periods for stuff like this. OMV.

AZG

AZG

+1 and well said

Despite theakforum.net locking his subforum and pretending to be shocked they didn't know he was selling 030's (after they gave him vendor status to do just that), I still have faith this will get done.

I get worried now and then because no one likes the thought of losing money, but I've said before this isn't the first time I've had to wait this long on stuff that was more expensive than a paid in full 030. Occasional nerves and inevitable delays pretty much characterize these kinds of deals with rare Russian gear. Ivan running around with your money is unfortunately part of the game.

Lastly, theakforum.net's stance on this adds unnecessary fire and IMO is a poor and transparent excuse for whatever the real reason is they locked it down.

Z

• Like 2

Without reading pages that I've read before, how did you guys pay or put money down? Most Credit Card companies offer some level of protection against fraud in the event things fall through, even Postal Money Orders may. Were there any specific means of payment that left you with no protection? Dealing with the Russians can be a long game of wait and see, only a few cases I've seen have the end results been bad.

I spoke to Brian today after leaving a message. He called me back shortly after and was in good spirits, stating several times he was glad that I contacted him personally. At no point did he mention not discussing our conversation. Unfortunately I was in the middle of several things at work when he called back and I couldn't offer him my full attention. So I welcome his input if I get something wrong.

I asked him how things were progressing with the 030s. He said slowly. He said the guns had been manufactured and should be ready to ship. He also stated that all ATF issues had been resolved. He further guaranteed that the 200 guns of this version of the 030 would be the only ones that the ATF would ever approve.

I asked him what caused the delay and if there were any other problems left to resolve. Brian stated the the ATF had caused the initial delays with the shotgun study. Things were held up further by subsidiaries of Izhmash going bankrupt, changes in the corporate structure and his uncertainty about dealing with the current management. Brian stated that he anticipates management will change in the near future offering a more reliable service with regards to this transaction and future transaction with the west.

I asked him if he could put a time frame on when we would see our 030s. He said he could not. He was weary about issuing further payment to the unstable corporation because he had already lost money when the original subsidiary went bankrupt. He took responsibility for the current delays, stating he could not risk anymore of his/our money on current uncertainties. He went on to say that he has several friends/connections that assure him things could change any day. When things do change it would be approximately 6 weeks before he could start shipping guns.

Throughout our conversation I never suspected he was being dishonest. He was positive and respectful, answering questions without hesitation. Although he never offered specific information about the corporation that went bankrupt, I never felt the need to ask.

I hope that helps all of you with questions. :D

Edited by Bridis
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing Bridis. I was thinking since pistol grips were deemed sporting he maybe had them convert them for us so we don't have to deal with unsightly linkage holes but that was just something I though I saw mentioned somewhere. Doubt it'll happen but that would be sick!! S12 izzy grips, no linkage holes :super:

Thanks from me also, I appreciate you taking the time to post. Even better that Brian contacted you so quickly.

Since theakforum.net has locked his subforum I posted your comments over there so people would have an idea of what's going on.

Z

Hey guys. Long time forum stalker, first time posting. I'm in the middle of my first conversion. Waiting on Cobra to do his magic. I also just jumped in with both feet. Just received my invoice from Brian today. I've got the fever.

Hey guys, just checking in.

Never got "the call"?....anybody hear anything since Brian sent out that email? I know it's a waiting game, don't get me wrong, just curious if he followed up with anyone? I'm cool with the wait at this point. I've decided to play the NFA game with these 030s. Just forget all about them til you get your nifty little stamp!

RCH

Just spoke with Brian, super nice guy. He said the reason the calls are going out a little slow is due to the conversations being so long. He only has time for 3-4 of them a day. After speaking with him I completely understand since we were on the phone for at least half an hour if not more. This is not his full time gig so he is using up quite a bit of his free time doing these calls. All will make since after you speak with him as to why he hasn't been posting much information. My confidence is as high as ever that the Ver30s will be here soon enough.

• Like 1