What is going on in Texas?

I went to the local gun shop yesterday to "invest" in a 3rd Saiga 12. When I got there, they informed me that the Saiga 12's have been outlawed. Not sure if I believed it. I went to the next local gun shop, exact same story. I went to a third gun shop today, same story. Is this true, and if so, when on earth did this go into effect?

Don't know about Texas but everyone in TN told me same thing for 2 weeks before I got one from kvar before the prices really jumped! my local ffl said they have released some more through customs this week and more will becoming but supposedly until BATFE finishes their study no more into customs? but there is a thread on here about the study or review. good luck[ quote name=mlyoung83' timestamp='1299120054' post='615884]

I went to the local gun shop yesterday to "invest" in a 3rd Saiga 12. When I got there, they informed me that the Saiga 12's have been outlawed. Not sure if I believed it. I went to the next local gun shop, exact same story. I went to a third gun shop today, same story. Is this true, and if so, when on earth did this go into effect?

Got my Saiga-12 from KVAR this Feb and cleared via local FFL in DFW with no problem.

II ran over to my local gun store in killeen, tx and they said they are sold out and not expecting anymore at all. Something about they lost their supplier and they aren't importing them. Wish I knew what was really goign on before I panic buy another one, lol.

• Like 1

I call bull shit on this . If there was a ban on importation there would be written proof of the ban . Sounds like a price gougeing con.:sadam:

Its not a ban...the Izhmash factory that makes the S-12 has shut down momentarily for QA problems..

..RAAC has closed...they used to be the #1 importers...

...Legion (owned by Izhmash) is the new importer...but they havent started yet I dont think...

...some other company has done a small number of imports that are currently on the market...

...but all in all, Saigas are harder to find...and more expensive...

...thats all there is to it at the moment...

• Like 1

No, they are open. I got a call from them on a warranty issue. No idea what is going on other then that.

...Legion (owned by Izhmash) is the new importer...but they havent started yet I dont think...

...some other company has done a small number of imports that are currently on the market...

Arsenal Inc. in LV is importing guns that were marked for RAA. K-var is selling them. I've been told that there is a significant connection between K-var and Arsenal Inc. My impression is that there is some connection between Arsenal Inc and the Bulgarian Arsenal Company that makes military weapons, but I don't know.

Edited by KevinInNM

To the OP.......what you heard is complete bullshit. Apparently your local gunshops are trying to scare you into paying a superpremium for a Saiga 12. You can go to any gunshow and they have them for $700+

All the big dealers at the Fort Worth gunshow had several in stock a couple weeks ago and they all were the same $700 + for each of them.

Edit: I just called two of the largest dealers in DFW and they were out of them. Bachman Gun & Pawn and Schramms Ammo & Weapons. Schramms said that they weren't ordering anymore because the wholesale price for them was $700. Sounds more like a supply problem than an "outlawed" problem

Also Love's Guns in Temple, TX told me that there was "a shipment of six containers (cans?) waiting to come in to the US but were not here or being allowed in". That was their words.

So maybe I should recant my statement about getting them anywhere. Alot has changed in a couple weeks.

Edited by tbizzle

Name of the gun shop please.

Yakdung

I don't think it was price gouging. They weren't trying to sell one to me at a crazy hyped up moron price. I couldn't get one period. And I have been going to these three shops for years, they have never tried to bs me around with stuff. This sucks.

Why doesn't some US company just make a Saiga 12 here? It's just stamped steel and machined parts... ??

International patents is one, a lot of Americans think that Russian designed arms are inferior (We know this to false) two. I think the real reason is that they are afraid that Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin will come over here and kick their ass :devil:

Edited by Dad2142Dad

I call bull shit on this . If there was a ban on importation there would be written proof of the ban . Sounds like a price gougeing con.:sadam:

Its not a ban...the Izhmash factory that makes the S-12 has shut down momentarily for QA problems..

...but all in all, Saigas are harder to find...and more expensive...

...thats all there is to it at the moment...

I've red on Russian portal that Izhmash was going to bankruptcy late in 2010 but fortunately it did not happened. They are changing management and coming up with a new marketing and production strategy.