This week I did something crazy, I sold off my HK USP .45 and HK 45c. I had the USP for years and it was a great handgun, I had close to 3000 rounds through it, never one problem. The HK45c I just bought 2 weeks ago, great gun but the grip was too slippery and after 50 rounds the right hand slide release became loose and would rattle loudly, kinda pissed me off for a $1000 handgun. I sold it for 100 less than what I paid for it. Plus, the triggers really suck on them which would be my only real complaint.

So, after much thought Ive decided to keep it simple and go back to Glock. Ive owned a couple before so I knew what I was getting into. I wanted to get away from the da/sa and go with striker fired again. I shoot Glocks naturally better than any other gun, it just points good for me and I feel almost surgical with them.

For what I got for my 2 HKs, I picked up 2 Glocks, 400 rounds of ammo and 4 extra mags. Im a .45 kind of guy so I went with the 21sf for home and the 30sf for carry. Got them home, cleaned them and went to the range, 200 rounds each. 100 were WWB and the other 100 was American Eagle, both 230g ball. My fav.

First up was the 21sf. 50 rounds of slow, aimed shots at 10 yards, then 20 doing the same at 25 yards. The next 130 rounds I went through a couple fast point shooting drills at distances from 3 to 15 yards including a full mag of rapid fire just for fun.

The gun preformed as expected and I did really good with it.

I went through the same routine with the 30sf and had pretty much the same results.

Ive carried the 30sf a couple days now (loaded) and even though its a lil chunky, it hides well. I think Im going to order a crossbreed for them as well as a really good OWB holster, hopefully both will fit one.

I love these Austrian guns.

In fact, I love Austria! I lived there for close to 5 years and loved every focking min of it. I even had the coat of arms tatted on my leg because it has a special place in my heart.

post-27192-0-30230200-1306460413_thumb.jpg

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 4
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This week I did something crazy, I sold off my HK USP .45 and HK 45c. I had the USP for years and it was a great handgun, I had close to 3000 rounds through it, never one problem. The HK45c I just bou

I have a few Glocks and a couple Walther P22s. Guys with M&Ps and XDs are always telling me how great their shit is and how much better it is than a Glock, blah, blah, blah. Fuck all that bullshit

Screw American Express! Don't leave home without my G20....        

Posted Images

Cool deal! I almost bought another Glock 10mmm today, but instead ordered another PLR-16. I want another S-12 also. I will eventually get a 3rd Gen Glock 20. I need to start playing the lottery so I can win enough money to buy everything, but that would be money wasted! lol. Sounds like you did pretty good and you are happy with your decision.

I have 2 G30s and I love them. Even with the short barrel I am able to out shoot my buddies using all kinds of different pistols. They are great CC guns and fit nicely in the front pocket of your jeans descreatly. It fits anywhere and is extremely accurate.

Welcome back to the dark side! You mentioned cleaning them. Are they used? New ones aren't supposed to be cleaned for at least 500 rounds. :)

Edited by MT Predator

Excellent, GREYLUPO! :super:

I find myself having more Glock Love these days. To the point where my wife is tired of hearing about it. :ded:

Off to the funshow in Fort Worth tomorrow to maybe sell my Witness Steel Compact, and put the $$$ towards a G19.

This is kind of freaky.

I have been waiting for Springfield to come out with a sub-compact 45 for several years. Last week I finally gave up and sold my XD-45.

I just mailed my payment for a G21SF, G30SF and six extra 13 round mags. Now I just have to patiently wait for them to arrive.

It's kind of odd not having my 45 in my nightstand but the Judge will hold me over until the Glocks show up.

• Like 1

Welcome back to the dark side! You mentioned cleaning them. Are they used? New ones aren't supposed to be cleaned for at least 500 rounds. :)

They were actually pretty clean from the getgo, just wanted to wipe em out and lube a bit.

I find myself having more Glock Love these days. To the point where my wife is tired of hearing about it. :ded:

Off to the funshow in Fort Worth tomorrow to maybe sell my Witness Steel Compact, and put the $$$ towards a G19.

Will you be getting the new Gen 4? I fondled one and I REALLY like the new mag release but they didnt bring out the gen 4 ,45s yet. What Id really like is a gen 4 21 long slide

This is kind of freaky.

I have been waiting for Springfield to come out with a sub-compact 45 for several years. Last week I finally gave up and sold my XD-45.

I just mailed my payment for a G21SF, G30SF and six extra 13 round mags. Now I just have to patiently wait for them to arrive.

It's kind of odd not having my 45 in my nightstand but the Judge will hold me over until the Glocks show up.

You will love them, the 21sf is now my nightstand gun, I keep it fully loaded with a light. I like the fact the fact that the 30 takes the 21 mags.

So what's the deal on the rail.

Apparently the Glocks with picatinny rails don't sell as well as the guns with Glock rails.

Why is that?

People dont like change, and holsters are hards to find for it.

My 21sf has the standered Glock rail.

Get the Crossbreed, you'll love it!

Have you seen the new Galco King tuk? They straight up ripped off crossbreed. I like Galco holsters but Im going to go with the crossbreed. Ill call him up Tuesday and order 2 of them.

So my new Glocks are both like brand new, both were made in March and May 2011 and come with Glocks new Grey colored slide like the Gen 4s have.

Its hard to tell in the pic. Its definitely has more grip than the old finish and its Grey! I kinda like it

post-27192-0-08820100-1306547436_thumb.jpg

So what's the deal on the rail.

Apparently the Glocks with picatinny rails don't sell as well as the guns with Glock rails.

Why is that?

Picatinny would poke you in the side of the ass worse than the Glock Rail.

Personally I'm still a gen-2 hold out.

When I carry my G-17 I use the Glock-Clip so I can carry a full size gun concealed well & a rail poking me in the right side of the ass every time I sit down isn't optimal.

I mean seriously... It's a pistol. WTF do I need a rail for?

If I want a laser (which I don't) Crimson Trace grip-lasers would be best or then there's the op-rod laser.

I don't want a flashlight because they screw up your night vision & lead to tunnel vision as the shooter uses them, so I'm all set with my Trijicon night sights.

The tritium is still glowing strong & they were installed over a decade ago.

I carry my Sig P239, due to the size, & well, it is kinda cool to have a better gun than the police when they pull you over ^_^ , but that damn glock.... One hell of a pistol.

• Like 1

Will you be getting the new Gen 4? I fondled one and I REALLY like the new mag release but they didnt bring out the gen 4 ,45s yet. What Id really like is a gen 4 21 long slide

Good question. While I like the Gen 4's, I don't care much for finger grooves on pistol grips. Plus, the jury is still out on their new RTF stippling. I've heard it wears down with use, or I could sand it down, though. Stippling it myself is also an option (did it with my Kahr CW9 this week).

My heart is still with the Gen 2's. I'd scoop one up in a heartbeat, if the price is right.

How do you like the texture of your Gen 4's grips? Disregard.

Personally I'm still a gen-2 hold out.

Same here, Pauly.

Edited by Kevin in Texas

They were actually pretty clean from the getgo, just wanted to wipe em out and lube a bit.

Roger that. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...